SIAP: Coach! Kuligowski Promoted to Assistant Head Coach!

Advertisement
Wonder how this affects the dynamic between him and Diaz now. I mean a DC is usually over a Dline coach. Now with him being Asst Head coach it may be different.

Not anything close to affecting the dynamic between the two.... kuligowski is the most well respected dline coach in the business. You do whatever you have to do to keep him. And all over college football there are assistant head coaches who are not the offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator

Yeah, isn't Kul technically under Diaz? I'm sure they've got it figured out, but I don't see how it isn't weird to have a position coach also be assistant head coach. As long as we keep him and Diaz, it's all good.

Assistant head coach is just a honorific title and denotes respect and $$ for the honoree. Kool does whatever Diaz needs him to do in whatever defense Diaz chooses to run.

It's a team, they all work together for one goal.

Kool I can see hanging around for awhile...

Diaz I can see getting great HC gig offers maybe not after this season but the following one with a few years of proving he can put a ferocious D on the field and devolving more young kids like our LB trio who I was very skeptical before the season

Another strong year and Diaz is gone. Top coordinators are making $1.8,1.9 million now. Not sure Miami would approach that number. He'll also have head coaching opportunities.

Another strong year and Diaz is gone. Top coordinators are making $1.8,1.9 million now. Not sure Miami would approach that number. He'll also have head coaching opportunities.

I don't see him leaving UM for another college DC position.

Advertisement
Just Fwiw on Kool, he turned down the Illinois DC job in 2015 to stay at Mizzou.

He's obviously a very loyal guy. Everybody has their price and the NFL is obviously an appealing option, but I think he'll be here for a while

Money really isn't a huge issue with Diaz, given how wealthy his family is. Miami is his dream job. He wouldn't leave here for another DC position, so it would have to be a head coaching offer.

Ideal situation would be for Diaz to stay here a few more years, then go be a HC somewhere, then take over for Richt when he retires

This. This is a premier D.C. Job when we are worth a **** so I don't see him leaving unless it's a HC job. A decent one at that.

Diaz will get his shot but I just feel like he loves Miami so much and won't leave until we back and accomplished ACC title and more. He should def get a huge bump in salary though just to lock him in for another couple years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Congrats to Kool. Hes not the type to bounce around, and he has to be loving the talent he has access to. Great that were showing him how much we think of him with title, and im sure salary bump.

Diaz not going anywhere. Hes back home and enjoying success. He caught slack at his previous stops. His scheme is made for miami, and hel take over for Richt soon enough.

Coach K, along with Diaz, should both basically be given a blank check. Gotta do whatever it takes to keep both of them here as long as possible.

Even if him & Diaz get poached in a few years we'll fine as we'll be buried 3 deep with talent. Richt ******

Been saying it since Kool got here, but Kareem Brown should be following him around like a puppy dog 24/7.

Advertisement

No chance. His next move will be to HC.

Kool has made it clear he wants to be a DC so it'll be interesting to see if Rick promotes Kool to DC if Diaz gets a HC gig.

Kool has made it clear he wants to be a DC so it'll be interesting to see if Rick promotes Kool to DC if Diaz gets a HC gig.

when

Advertisement

This is the course of events that makes the most sense. Diaz really proved a lot this year, and following it up with a strong year might get that ball rolling...who knows. But if that were to happen moving Kool to DC is the logical move.

when

In a interview i think after he was hired here. He was asked about being a DC and he said he would like to do it but wont just take any job.

Advertisement
Back