SI: Be careful before handing out that extension

Advertisement
I get that Mullen is a weirdo and part of the gator. But is he not deserving of a raise and extension? 2 NY6 wins, 3 NY6 appearances, and a sec East title?
It's not ridiculous by any means but I'd wait a year if i was their Athletic Director. Next year they might be down quite a bit and his recruiting hasn't been amazing. However, dude is a phenomenal offensive coach.

Advertisement
Do you think that Manny will get paid what Dabo and Mack get, without winning a national championship?

I don't.
I’m in on the hesitant crowd though. He still seems so gimmicky like Rich Rodriguez. Unless he shows he’s willing to bend his molding on D a little bit and cuts out the stupid **** like the slide and all that call me skeptical about extending him.

I’m in on the hesitant crowd though. He still seems so gimmicky like Rich Rodriguez. Unless he shows he’s willing to bend his molding on D a little bit and cuts out the stupid **** like the slide and all that call me skeptical about extending him.

And I do not disagree with that at all.

I'm just disagreeing with some who seem to be claiming that Manny will "automatically" get paid at the Dabo/Mack level at the time of extension, just as Mullet became the 3rd highest paid SEC coach behind national championship winners Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher.

Advertisement
It's not ridiculous by any means but I'd wait a year if i was their Athletic Director. Next year they might be down quite a bit and his recruiting hasn't been amazing. However, dude is a phenomenal offensive coach.

Their issue as it is for many other schools, including us is, who is the replacement? They had a very tough time during their last coaching search, remember that multiple big name coaches turned them down, so its easier to extend the current coach.

Advertisement
Their issue as it is for many other schools, including us is, who is the replacement? They had a very tough time during their last coaching search, remember that multiple big name coaches turned them down, so its easier to extend the current coach.

The operative word being "search".

We didn't do much of a search for Richt (UM alum) or Manny (UM coaching alum).

Advertisement
When watching a game makes you do things that affect your life like that its probably good to take a step back and seek some help.

on the flip side im sure there were more things than just throwing a bottle through a window that made the wife leave him
this. guaranteed if you throw a bottle through a window over a game you watch you've got other issues.

Advertisement
Back