SI: Be careful before handing out that extension

Advertisement
“Searches” imo have proven to be vastly overrated.

A ton of programs have successfully hired from within.

That's a fair point too. And I'm not disputing it.

But if you hire from within two times in a row, it is hard to get a sense of whether "Miami head coach" is a position that will draw qualified applicants, now that we have improved our program from where it was under Coker-Shannon.

The operative word being "search".

We didn't do much of a search for Richt (UM alum) or Manny (UM coaching alum).
Yep manny has to have a signature win for me to even think about a getting a extension or raise.. now to the coaching search this time around I think we get it right.. the culture is a lot better facilities better.. fans are ok at times.. best recruiting location in the state we should be able to accomplish a great staff???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blake James? He prematurely extended Richt.
This school? See the past 18 years.

Are you serious?

Richt had just won the ACC-Coastal for our first-ever-time.

That's not "premature". That's an extension based on solid performance.

I hate Beta Blake, but I'm not going to blame him on this one.

Good news is the Gator is content with winning 8-10 games a year and finishing 2nd in the SEC East. That's exactly who Mullet is and the 1 year that could have been different where the stars aligned with an elite offense and UGA being dumber than usual....UF's defense crapped out. We just need some of those other SEC East dumpster fires to get it together so Mullet can be exposed and UF can slide even further down in their division.

Advertisement
He extended Richt’s contract exactly when every other school does.
After 2 years? Every other school extends their coach after two seasons? That's not true. Yes, Richt had more success than previous coaches, but the extension could have waited until season 3 was in the books.

Sports Illustrated can **** off.

View attachment 134121

26 years ago that cover dropped.

Imagine if everyone in the world was held accountable for things said or done that long ago.

Hold onto it, but I've let it go. There's plenty of opinions I wouldn't even agree with myself that happened that long ago.

We're just lucky that this new article fell on the right year or we would've been a part of it. We've made some really bone headed extensions the last two decades.

Advertisement
Strictly speaking about Lane's coaching abilities, he has matured and improved quite a bit. He was not ready to be a head coach at UT, USC, the pros, etc.

Yep and none of those programs are us! Incase you forgot? Smh

We have playmakers all over the field from our last two classes, have depth almost everywhere for the first time in years. We’re headed for a Top 10 caliber class this year. We’ve upgraded our coaching staff. We’re ranked preseason anywhere from 8-16.

Honestly, get your head out of your *** long enough for to get a glimpse at what’s going on instead of going through your monologue about UNC, Texas and Jenn Strawley again.

Advertisement
Back