SI: Be careful before handing out that extension

Advertisement
I didn't suggest it nor did I endorse it. Like I said, your comprehension level is limited.

I simply stated it as a reality, which it is in today's college football.
No, your post was an implied inference and it is not reality to extend a coach after one good season.

And given your hx of sucking off coaches to the bitter end , your post follows your past syphilitic logic.

No, your post was an implied inference and it is not reality to extend a coach after one good season.

And given your hx of sucking off coaches to the bitter end , your post follows your past syphilitic logic.

JFC you are so unbelievably dumb. It's not about "one good season".

Schools don't send coaches out in year three of a five year deal. It invites lame duck and "he's in trouble" negative recruiting. It's standard to extend one more year, especially after a 10 win season.

I can draw you a picture if you needed broken down for you.

Last edited:
JFC you are so unbelievably dumb. It's not about "one good season".

Schools don't send coaches out in year three of a five year deal. It invites lame duck and "he's in trouble" negative recruiting. It's standard to extend one more year, especially after a 10 win season.

I can draw you a picture if you needed broken down for you.
"Lame duck coach" LOL

IF Diaz puts together 2 or 3 10 win seasons no one is going to mistake or label him as a lame duck coach even if he is not extended. So just stop. Are you scared the NFL is going to come calling?

Just like Lashlee after fspoo, everyone was so scared he was gone after one year, you display the same dumb cis mouthbreather mentality.

Why don't we let Diaz continue to prove himself before the extension, besides where else is he going to go?

"Lame duck coach" LOL

IF Diaz puts together 2 or 3 10 win seasons no one is going to mistake or label him as a lame duck coach even if he is not extended. So just stop. Are you scared the NFL is going to come calling?

Just like Lashlee after fspoo, everyone was so scared he was gone after one year, you display the same dumb cis mouthbreather mentality.

Why don't we let Diaz continue to prove himself before the extension, besides where else is he going to go?

This is the last time I'll bother to respond to you because as expected, you are incapable of understanding this.

It's not about going somewhere else. It's about negative recruiting and all that goes with it. It's not about him leaving it's about other schools telling recruits we aren't committed to Manny so why go somewhere the coach may be fired. A one year add on negates that tactic.

Take a second and read this if you can. I know big words and complicated subject matter confuse you, but try and stay with it:

Coach in crisis
Nobody can truly predict the future, but that doesn't stop college recruiters from trying. At the first sign of trouble, however, a head coach's job security or longevity at a school becomes a focal point of a negative recruiting pitch.

Take Kansas State and South Carolina for example. Coaches at both schools have heard from rival recruiters for years that Bill Snyder and Steve Spurrier wouldn't be there by the time recruits graduated. Things turned so negative this season for the Gamecocks on the recruiting trail in December that Spurrier had to come out and publicly state he would be back for at least "two or three more" seasons. He then followed that up with a series of in-home visits with key recruits to help reassure them that he was indeed in it for the long haul.

The same happens with head coaches who are coming off bad seasons. Everybody has seen the websites that rank coaches on the hot seats or read about a coach's job being in jeopardy, and somehow that information magically ends up as part of conversations with recruits.

"If you allow a recruiter to smell blood in the water, he's going to go for the kill," a Conference USA assistant who has worked previously in the SEC and the Big 12 said. "Talking about a coach's future at that school is one of the easiest ways to go negative, because it's so hard for them to defend. The coach can tell you he and his assistants are going to be OK, but all you have to point out is their record and talk about what people in the press are saying. Unless his athletic director has come out and said his job is safe, then you can use that to your advantage all day long."

Advertisement
This is the last time I'll bother to respond to you because as expected, you are incapable of understanding this.

It's not about going somewhere else. It's about negative recruiting and all that goes with it. It's not about him leaving it's about other schools telling recruits we aren't committed to Manny so why go somewhere the coach may be fired. A one year add on negates that tactic.

Take a second and read this if you can. I know big words and complicated subject matter confuse you, but try and stay with it:

Coach in crisis
Nobody can truly predict the future, but that doesn't stop college recruiters from trying. At the first sign of trouble, however, a head coach's job security or longevity at a school becomes a focal point of a negative recruiting pitch.

Take Kansas State and South Carolina for example. Coaches at both schools have heard from rival recruiters for years that Bill Snyder and Steve Spurrier wouldn't be there by the time recruits graduated. Things turned so negative this season for the Gamecocks on the recruiting trail in December that Spurrier had to come out and publicly state he would be back for at least "two or three more" seasons. He then followed that up with a series of in-home visits with key recruits to help reassure them that he was indeed in it for the long haul.

The same happens with head coaches who are coming off bad seasons. Everybody has seen the websites that rank coaches on the hot seats or read about a coach's job being in jeopardy, and somehow that information magically ends up as part of conversations with recruits.

"If you allow a recruiter to smell blood in the water, he's going to go for the kill," a Conference USA assistant who has worked previously in the SEC and the Big 12 said. "Talking about a coach's future at that school is one of the easiest ways to go negative, because it's so hard for them to defend. The coach can tell you he and his assistants are going to be OK, but all you have to point out is their record and talk about what people in the press are saying. Unless his athletic director has come out and said his job is safe, then you can use that to your advantage all day long."

Doesn't apply. Nice try though.

Advertisement
They're all idiots. The guy has 4 more years already, this makes no ******* sense.
Negotiating against themselves. ND has to be the worst of all time with the ten year contract with Cheeseburger Charlie. Everyone knew at the time it was announced it was stupid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get that Mullen is a weirdo and part of the gator. But is he not deserving of a raise and extension? 2 NY6 wins, 3 NY6 appearances, and a sec East title?

No. Let's say UF waited until the final year of his contract to negotiate an extension. You have two more years of data to determine long term performance. Maybe he flops in 2021 and 2022 without Trask (remember, Trask likely doesn't see the field if Franks doesnt go down, so it's not as if Mullen has a special eye for QB talent). You would have ended up overpaying Mullen, plus set up a huge buyout if you did want to make a change. On the other hand, let's say he has more success and wins a couple more SEC East titles. OK, then you pay him accordingly and he still ends up the third highest paid coach in the SEC. The difference is you saved about 3-4 million from not paying him prematurely.

Advertisement
Back