Shrieffs Transfering

Advertisement
Best of luck to him, but I think where we’ll take a hit is a veteran QB that has the ability to mentor and teach the younger guys how to prep and learn the nuances and playbook. By all accounts he’s a very bright kid. You see NFL teams bring in guys like Josh McCown for reasons like this. Don’t blame him for wanting to venture off and find a better opportunity but I’m sure he’ll be missed in the QB room.

Not surprising. I'm sure it was mutual. He and the coaches both knew he wasn't going to play here if he didn't beat out Rosier last year.

A friend of mine is friends with his parents. Smart kid who used his 3 years at Miami wisely. Got his degree and got good grades. He will get a grad degree on schlorship now too! Best of luck to dis Cane.

i'd guess UConn

Why, because of his brother? Bryant played a year at NC State. If the kid wants to play then he's heading to an FCS school. Other than Coley offering him late, the interest in Evan were Ivy League schools and VMI. No school in Georgia was interested, not even Georgia State. Nice kid, smart but he had no business being at Miami. I do wish him the best.

Hey if he can go Ivy and further his degree AND play football that's a killer deal for the kid, that's what he should do

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best of luck to him, but I think where we’ll take a hit is a veteran QB that has the ability to mentor and teach the younger guys how to prep and learn the nuances and playbook. By all accounts he’s a very bright kid. You see NFL teams bring in guys like Josh McCown for reasons like this. Don’t blame him for wanting to venture off and find a better opportunity but I’m sure he’ll be missed in the QB room.

Nothing he showed on the field suggests he's a capable QB.

I'm ok with him not prepping our younger QBs.

Good luck to the guy wherever he goes, he's handled the whole thing with class, but he's not Miami quality.

[TWEET]952983987630338048[/TWEET]

JC

Sorry to see him leave. I was hoping he’d get the nod last year. But it’s really his best move. If he would have been patient, he might have seen Rosier transfer first after Spring ball.

I don't want this to happen but I think these guys got next:

Gray
Langham
Jones
Milo
McCray
Knowles

Take Langham off that list.

He's on the brink imo, and his hand could be forced after the spring if he's not poised for a major role.

He's got the ultimate grad transfer highlight tape to be perfectly honest.

I think he might leave too. It was late in the season and i think matt porter said langham didnt know why he wasn't getting more pt.

Advertisement
Surprised that tweet didn't get batted down on its way to the twitterverse.

attrition sometimes is a good indicator of progress

glad he got his stuff done in the classroom which allows him 2 full years of eligibility elsewhere. thanks for everything evan, definitely pushed rosier to be better this year.

good luck

This is the truth. Without Rosier being pushed, we don't see 10 wins this year.

Advertisement
Smart kid to leave now and not wait until after Spring ball. He can get into a program now and start learning their new playbook and get in for their spring practice. That Pitt game was all anyone needed to see I think. I was actually a little embarassed for the kid. He looked awful and I am not buying the "cold arm" thing either.

As for the poster who mentioned other guys transferring..guys like Langham/Gray/Knowles arent going anywhere until after they see whats what in the Spring. If they dont see themselves getting meaningful burn and being in the rotation I can see them bolting but not until after Spring ball.

It would be silly to leave now especially for a guy like Langham who can definitely take that next step and get starters minutes. Its really him, Cager, and Hightower competing for that spot. He shouldnt be afraid to compete with either guy.

Advertisement
Back