SHOW UP TO THE WATSCO

Advertisement
If you want to pack the Watsco Center, the easiest and best solution is to sign Hansel Emmanuel. Everyone would come to see that dude “play” even if he’s a benchwarmer
Seems like a real nice kid, but his schtick would wear out after a couple of weeks at the Watsco. There's a reason D1 schools aren't clamoring to sign him. What he's down up until this point is unprecedented. However, if history has shown us anything it's that an athlete could get away with one arm in football and baseball, but it's nearly impossible to do it in basketball. I don't think it's ever been done.

I was at the Cuse game and was pleased with the turnout at first, but quickly realized it was about 50% Cuse fans. Made for a good atmosphere but the students still aren't back so not sure what to expect against UNC.
How many does the "Student section" seat, and what % is usually filled when school is fully in session?

Advertisement
How many does the "Student section" seat, and what % is usually filled when school is fully in session?
I believe the student section seats somewhere between 800 to 1,000.

The second part of your answer highly depends on the team's record and who we are playing. UM students are notorious for taking on the bandwagon nature of the typical South Florida sports fan (even though most are not from South Florida). When UM is having a great season and is playing a big time opponent, it's packed. When UM is having a lousy season and/or playing a non **** team, the student section can get pretty barren.

Seems like a real nice kid, but his schtick would wear out after a couple of weeks at the Watsco. There's a reason D1 schools aren't clamoring to sign him. What he's down up until this point is unprecedented. However, if history has shown us anything it's that an athlete could get away with one arm in football and baseball, but it's nearly impossible to do it in basketball. I don't think it's ever been done.
Dating back to my days of playing there was this one dude in the state of Florida who had one arm like the Hansel kid. I forgot what squad he played for but we probably matched up with his squad a few different times in tournaments around the state. The dude could hoop with the best of them. Wonder if he did anything with his game. Like you mentioned it’s pretty much impossible but that dude we used to hoop against gave us the business a couple different times 🤣 at first we would clown each other when he made one of us look silly, but after the 3rd game of him going off it was crickets from our bench and salute the dude for being like that 🤣

This is a fun, gutsy team to watch... Moore is reminiscent of Isaiah Thomas (Pistons era one). He is a fantastic pg.
Add Wong, Miller and Mcgusty, this is best Canes team since the Larkin led ACC winners years ago.

Go to the game if you can. You will enjoy it.

Advertisement
Anyone else remember getting the prime floor student seats at the Miami Arena in the first few seasons of the Big East? There couldn't have been more than a hundred of us at those games.
When I was at the U as a student (1963-66), the "home" games were played over at the Miami Beach Auditorium or the Miami Beach Convention Hall.

Few students made that trek over to Washington Avenue despite those teams winning a lot of games, averaging over 100 ppg, and having consensus AA Rick Barry, and other top players like Walt Beckner, Rick Jones, John Dampier and Junior Gee. (Think the latter four are all in the Indiana HS Hall of Fame, with Rick Jones even named "Mr. Basketball" in that hoops-crazed state.)

Yep I know all these “look at me I’m here Flex fans”. I see them at the football and basketball games from time to time.

I can’t remember which game it was a few years back, but Billy Corben, a.k.a. Billy Cohen, kept bumping into my legs going to the bathroom at one of the football games with his store-bought thot.

That guy must have the tiniest bladder in the world, or I’ll just go ahead and assume that for simplicity’s sake.

One of probably the only times I’ve seen him at a game.
ARod will be court side too only this time without JLo by his side

Sorry but who gives a sh*t if the students don’t go, Miami is a city of millions. Yeah its nice to have the kids on the bleachers but really they barely make a dent otherwise. Watsco shouldn’t be difficult to put 8k a game when Miami has millions. That’s the shame

Advertisement
Just checked the Canes ticket website and StubHub. Still a TON of tickets available on both.

Do better, Canes fans. Let’s sell this place out. Does anyone have any power on social media? Would be nice to get a hashtag or movement started to sell this game out.

UNC should be a good crowd, even though it’s a weekday night game.

But if you can’t make a 2 PM Saturday afternoon game against FSU, then you’re a p***y.

Advertisement
Anyone else remember getting the prime floor student seats at the Miami Arena in the first few seasons of the Big East? There couldn't have been more than a hundred of us at those games.

I can one-up you.

Used to go to all the games in the Knight Center (we played there from 1985 until whenever the old Miami Arena opened), which only had regular seating capacity on one side (it was more of a concert hall setup). The "student section" was a couple of aluminum bleachers on the "other" side (the side without seats).

It was so much fun. Not a lot of big wins, but a lot of fun.

When I was at the U as a student (1963-66), the "home" games were played over at the Miami Beach Auditorium or the Miami Beach Convention Hall.

Few students made that trek over to Washington Avenue despite those teams winning a lot of games, averaging over 100 ppg, and having consensus AA Rick Barry, and other top players like Walt Beckner, Rick Jones, John Dampier and Junior Gee. (Think the latter four are all in the Indiana HS Hall of Fame, with Rick Jones even named "Mr. Basketball" in that hoops-crazed state.)

OK, I can't beat that one...

I can one-up you.

Used to go to all the games in the Knight Center (we played there from 1985 until whenever the old Miami Arena opened), which only had regular seating capacity on one side (it was more of a concert hall setup). The "student section" was a couple of aluminum bleachers on the "other" side (the side without seats).

It was so much fun. Not a lot of big wins, but a lot of fun.
i went to all those games, first as a student then as student manager, loved that place
I remember John Thompson posting one of his staff at the locker room door as security for the entire game

Advertisement
Back