SHOW UP TO THE WATSCO

Advertisement
A Monday Top 25 ranking and a Win at FSU, Watsco will be sold out for UNC. That’s a Miami crowd game; place to be, hot ticket & “look at me I’m here Flex,” Miami fan type of game

Yep I know all these “look at me I’m here Flex fans”. I see them at the football and basketball games from time to time.

I can’t remember which game it was a few years back, but Billy Corben, a.k.a. Billy Cohen, kept bumping into my legs going to the bathroom at one of the football games with his store-bought thot.

That guy must have the tiniest bladder in the world, or I’ll just go ahead and assume that for simplicity’s sake.

One of probably the only times I’ve seen him at a game.

Advertisement
Of course, I’ll take them as well.

But they generally tend to be the least knowledgeable amd most annoying (with the exception of the other team’s fans of course 😉).
You aren't kidding, the sad part is that a lot of times, the players have to pretend to like some of the bandwagoners, when in reality, they know that the fans couldn't care less about them. I still remember having this conversation with a member of the 2012 team during their run, we were shooting the breeze in the Grove at Tavern and he straight up said "I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the old days when only diehards showed up. At least they were in the game, they weren't just there to get on TV".

I'm happy that people will start showing up, but the problem is that once the buzz goes away, everyone goes for the exits. That's a tough way to build a program. You have to always have momentum, in order for people to care on a widespread basis.

I was at the Cuse game and was pleased with the turnout at first, but quickly realized it was about 50% Cuse fans. Made for a good atmosphere but the students still aren't back so not sure what to expect against UNC.

The students will be back for UNC and FSU

Advertisement
The students will be back for UNC and FSU
The funny part is that you have a fair number of commuter students that COULD show up, throughout break. Keep in mind, the biggest student organizations on campus are FEC and ACS, and they are made up mostly of local kids. Now, will it be a packed student section during break? Of course not, but it's pathetic what we've seen this year, and for most of the last 2 decades. It drops off a cliff.

The students will show up for UNC and FSU, mostly because 1)UNC has name recognition and 2)It's FSU.

The other polls aren't out yet, but we hit CBS top 25 "barely". Not getting a lot of respect, sigh, maybe if we beat FSU Tuesday. (I'll do my part and be there, and have an extra ticket, TALLY!) They didn't like Duke's loss much, dropping them, from 2 to 15:
1641769819771.png

Note: But even CBS couldn't get the score right!

The other polls aren't out yet, but we hit CBS top 25 "barely". Not getting a lot of respect, sigh, maybe if we beat FSU Tuesday. (I'll do my part and be there, and have an extra ticket, TALLY!) They didn't like Duke's loss much, dropping them, from 2 to 15:
View attachment 171532

Miami has to keep winning. Remember how long it took for them to take the team seriously in 2012? Exactly. Keep winning, let the polls take care of themselves. Miami needs to find a way to get a split against FSU, and beat UNC. They do that, the pollsters will notice.

Advertisement
View attachment 171532

Why couldn’t that banner have blocked number 23 instead!

View attachment 171532

As long as I test negative - see you there!

Advertisement
Having a few local players on the roster would be nice. By no means am I saying that's the reason for our attendance issues, but it certainly couldn't hurt. It's sad to hear some of the comments from some of the local HS coaches regarding this staff.
If you want to pack the Watsco Center, the easiest and best solution is to sign Hansel Emmanuel. Everyone would come to see that dude “play” even if he’s a benchwarmer

They’re virtual until the end of the month. Should be better than during break but it’s hit or miss how many students will actually come back to campus. Sucks because we would’ve gotten decent student turnout off the Duke game.

I forgot about the virtual shlt, not every university is doing that.

Well, Miami is first two weeks are online so that is going to hurt student attendance. A lot of kids like my son won't fly back. I think housing is open however.

Yeah like I said in the other post, not every university is doing that, so I just completely forgot about UM doing it. Too bad, I can almost guarantee we would’ve had a full student section were they not to be taking their classes remotely.

Advertisement
Back