Show me your best blocked kicks

I love all those blocked kicks but the best one for me was and always will be the one by Steve Gleason the first game back against the Falcons in the super dome after Katrina.

It was one of if not the last game he would play before he got sick and it lead to a win over the Falcons and it saved the Saints from being moved to San Antonio by Tom Benson.

Sorry for the hijack but when I think of blocked Punts or FG this one will always be tops for me more by who did it and what he was fixing to fight the rest of his life and what it meant to the city of New Orleans coming back from Katrina..

ok carry on...
Check out the update HBO's Real Sports did on Gleason a few months ago if you haven't seen it. Pretty powerful to see him still alive and battling.

Advertisement
I’ll never forget the Tremain Mack block against WVU because my buddy almost got arrested driving home from a party in high school listening to that game on the radio. When they blocked the kick, he started flashing his lights and honking his horn and the cops saw him and pulled him over. Once he told the cops why he was acting like a fool, they let him go. Guess they were UM fans too.

Check out the update HBO's Real Sports did on Gleason a few months ago if you haven't seen it. Pretty powerful to see him still alive and battling.
I saw it.You can still see him out and about every now and then around the city.Guy is incredible for what he has managed with his life after he got sick.You want a role model...there you go..

winner winner chicken dinner👇
miniGif_20210206203033.gif

Advertisement
I don‘t have the clip but Hester blocking the field goal against FSU was extremely important. It keep the margin to one score and resulted in the Miami win a few minutes later.

I'll start here. T Mack in da house!!

Go Canes!!!

Screen_Shot_2019_05_27_at_8.20.20_AM.png

Tremaine Mack was a feared kick blocker on special teams and returner in the kick return game. Mack had blocked seven kicks leading up to the ‘Canes showdown with West Virginia in 1996. Miami was the underdog to the Mountaineers in Butch Davis’ second season as head football coach at Miami. Trailing 7-3 with only 29 seconds left in the fourth quarter, Miami called on Mack for a big time play.
Mack delivered, blocking the West Virginia punt which was recovered by Jack Hallmon who handed the football off to Nick Brooks. Brooks ran 20-yards into the end zone to give Miami a 9-7 lead. The ‘Canes made the point after and escaped winning 10-7 in a massive upset victory in Morgantown, WV.

Great post by you. Had to look it up as I remembered him blocking a bunch of kicks, so I added the above
. 😉 👍

Advertisement
What is amazing is it was Tmack had a clean break on the ball. Ryan Clement had a 3rd degree shoulder separation from the previous game. Covington was out with a concussion. The defense and that play won a game we had no business winning.

I think that was the infamous trash can game that hit Randy after the game. Hate that place.

They blocked the ambulance taking an injured Cane player to the hospital and started rocking it ... crazy bast@rds... deserved an end like that.

Advertisement
I was at Morgantown for the game. Eff those inbreds.

Same game where Shannon was drilled in the head by a garbage can after the game. ***** their ***kkkkkkkinn a-hole fans. Clement was playing with a separated shoulder.

They rocked the ambulance in 94 when D Ferg got hurt.

I was waiting for caneinorlando pics.

BTW their cheerleaders are whores fyi😈

Semper Canes!!!

Was at this joint, and went hoarse at this joint! Went hoarse again after my Bears drafted Hester in The 2nd b/c I knew he was going to change Special Teams. THIS IS MIAMI SPEED! FOH w/ this GPS, 20 MPH chit we got going on now!
Man that's the **** truth! The first game I ever attended was our comeback victory over Louisville when Hester literally put the team on his back. Dude really had like 3 tds on returns but they called 2 of them back for some bullsh!t. But yeah man, I swear I thought we would never ever have a speed problem being in Miami lol... that MPH crap got everybody thinking they're fast, I hate it now.

Advertisement
bruh I was howlinggg when this happened. In my head I heard Nesta yell "move mutha****ah!" as soon as he hit him then he went and tried to torpedo the dude chasing down Patchan at the goal line lol. Granted it was Savanah State so I don't think it can be in the category for "best" but def something I have not seen before and is memorable nonetheless.
Exactly it wasn’t a big game but he blocked a punt by using their own team lol some big bully ****

Was at that game. Legitimately feared for my life leaving that dump.
In all fairness that is what they said about the OB. Nobody wanted to play there and we as fans are pretty fearful bunch. Just saying. Yeah we are not inbred toothless mofos but we are not choir boys either

Advertisement
Back