Show me your best blocked kicks

Advertisement
charlie brown football pull GIF
missed, not blocked.

still excellent though.

For me T. Mac’s block in this game exemplifies what it means to be a Miami Hurricane. Against all odds, pure will & determination & belief that you can get it done. Remembering this game send chills down my spine. It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
Screen_Shot_2019_05_27_at_8.20.20_AM.png

Tremaine Mack was a feared kick blocker on special teams and returner in the kick return game. Mack had blocked seven kicks leading up to the ‘Canes showdown with West Virginia in 1996. Miami was the underdog to the Mountaineers in Butch Davis’ second season as head football coach at Miami. Trailing 7-3 with only 29 seconds left in the fourth quarter, Miami called on Mack for a big time play.
Mack delivered, blocking the West Virginia punt which was recovered by Jack Hallmon who handed the football off to Nick Brooks. Brooks ran 20-yards into the end zone to give Miami a 9-7 lead. The ‘Canes made the point after and escaped winning 10-7 in a massive upset victory in Morgantown, WV.

Great post by you. Had to look it up as I remembered him blocking a bunch of kicks, so I added the above
. 😉 👍
What was his demon? Was it cocaine?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back