Shouldnt a top Coach have his team in at least 1 title game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 was Marks best team at UGA, team finished 13-1 finished #3 in the polls. In todays game this team wouldve been in the playoffs
2007 team finished regular season ranked #4 and finished #2 in the polls, in todays game this team would've been in the playoffs.

The game a few years ago where Aaron Murry blew it, wasn't the best chance he had. BCS means nothing now. You just have to get into the dance. Remember the #1 team has yet to win a championship in the first 2 years of the playoffs. Cant **** the hot prom date if you don't go to the dance.

Advertisement
2002 was Marks best team at UGA, team finished 13-1 finished #3 in the polls. In todays game this team wouldve been in the playoffs
2007 team finished regular season ranked #4 and finished #2 in the polls, in todays game this team would've been in the playoffs.

The game a few years ago where Aaron Murry blew it, wasn't the best chance he had. BCS means nothing now. You just have to get into the dance. Remember the #1 team has yet to win a championship in the first 2 years of the playoffs. Cant **** the hot prom date if you don't go to the dance.

Excellent points. Yours should be the final words of this thread.

Bobby Bowden became a head coach in 1970 and it took him 23 years to play for his first one. Tom Osborne was 11 years. Elite coaches win lots of games. Winning 10 games a year in the SEC over a 15 year span qualifies him as elite. Getting to a championship game requires a little luck. Like an immaculate knee, a dropped two point conversion, or a wide right.

No coach will ever get 10 years at THE U to win a NC. This is not FSU or UGA, it is Miami. We have bathed in the glow of glory and close only counts for a little while.

Unless he shiits the bed, he's not going anywhere. A coach that wins ten games a year, whether he wins a national championship or not isn't going anywhere. If you disagree look at what's happened to Tennessee since firing Fulmer.

His record speaks for himself also 5 yards away in 2012 from not only being in a championship but they would've beat the **** out of ND.. I know you're a hater already so I'm not going to expand any further

Agreed. The SEC title game in '12 was essentially the de facto title game. Anyone of those teams would've flat out annihilated Notre Dame. Unfortunately for Richt, Murray not spiking the ball to give them more time to run a play ruined a golden opportunity.

Cant argue your point HOWEVER do you think a head coach that took his team to the title game was coming to UM?
- Not in our current state - average performance + below average support is not going to get you what you are describing

Advertisement

That 2002 team lost to a 7-5 Florida team that was coached by Ron Zook!

MR is nothing more than an Under-Acheiver!

Last edited:
His record speaks for himself also 5 yards away in 2012 from not only being in a championship but they would've beat the **** out of ND.. I know you're a hater already so I'm not going to expand any further

Agreed. The SEC title game in '12 was essentially the de facto title game. Anyone of those teams would've flat out annihilated Notre Dame. Unfortunately for Richt, Murray not spiking the ball to give them more time to run a play ruined a golden opportunity.

No it wasn't. MR craps the bed against ND......like he did in all Big Games! Oh, he lost the Big Game before. LOL

A lot of MR Apologists here!

Bobby Bowden became a head coach in 1970 and it took him 23 years to play for his first one. Tom Osborne was 11 years. Elite coaches win lots of games. Winning 10 games a year in the SEC over a 15 year span qualifies him as elite. Getting to a championship game requires a little luck. Like an immaculate knee, a dropped two point conversion, or a wide right.

No coach will ever get 10 years at THE U to win a NC. This is not FSU or UGA, it is Miami. We have bathed in the glow of glory and close only counts for a little while.

Unless he shiits the bed, he's not going anywhere. A coach that wins ten games a year, whether he wins a national championship or not isn't going anywhere. If you disagree look at what's happened to Tennessee since firing Fulmer.

TN is not Miami. They never had the taste of sustained dominance we had and still fired him. I think you are saying we should not fire him. I take no position on if we should or shouldn't if he fails to win NC. I just do not think any coach an survive beyond 5 years here without a lot more than 10 wins. We will get over the relief of "not Al" after a couple years. Then Mark will be measured against Howard, JJ, Dennis, and even Coker. At that point, pressure will begin to build on him. My own opinion on if that is smart or not is not important. Remember, one Bobby FINALLY won an NC, failure to win more later suddenly became an issue and focused on his refusal to fire his son.

I disagree. I think Notre Dame would've beaten Georgia. Not based on Richt's history.

Richt has never won a big game.

Advertisement

I disagree. I think Notre Dame would've beaten Georgia. Not based on Richt's history.

AGREED!

AGREED!

Hey guys FullyERicht's second account also believes Mark Richt has never won a big game. I mean, he's 9-13 when he played a top ten SEC team but that doesn't count right?

AGREED!

Hey guys FullyERicht's second account also believes Mark Richt has never won a big game. I mean, he's 9-13 when he played a top ten SEC team but that doesn't count right?
Some only count a game as big if you lose it.

AGREED!

Numbers Do Not Lie!

MR Facts.jpg

Advertisement
Richt never having his team in a title game in no way precludes him from winning a title at Miami. Stupid thread.

AGREED!

Numbers Do Not Lie!

View attachment 35076

This Destruction guy is FullyERICHT with a new IP probably.:Y-u-no:

Advertisement
We never hired a coach with a past championship, but some of those coaches we hired did end up being top coaches as you might say.

Last edited:
News Flash!

I pulling for Richt.......A new and improved Richt.

UGA Richt will me Under-Achiever at Miami!

His UGA history cannot and should not be ignored or discounted.

AGREED!

Numbers Do Not Lie!

View attachment 35076

This Destruction guy is FullyERICHT with a new IP probably.:Y-u-no:

They beat #2 Florida in 2012. That is not accurate. I don't even have to research other games but I think that picture is from 2010. UGA was better after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back