Shouldnt a top Coach have his team in at least 1 title game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Svengali

Sophomore
Look, I like Richt, and yes, he is better than our last 3 coaches, but I have some concerns.

1. Georgia has never had a flat out dominant team that other teams feared in 15 years under Richt
2. He's never had his team in a title game in 15 years, and shouldn't a top notch coach at least have his team in at least 1 title game? I can see not winning a title, but to not even PLAY in a title game in 15 years?

Advertisement
His record speaks for himself also 5 yards away in 2012 from not only being in a championship but they would've beat the **** out of ND.. I know you're a hater already so I'm not going to expand any further

I've always believed an average coach would have this team in the ACCCG annually. With Richt, I guess we'll test that theory, as he's proven to be an above average HC at worst throughout his whole career. Elite at best. That type of coaching, plus the natural talent Miami gets just by proxy of being in the area should bring this team to the top of the ACC without much effort. If Richt shows himself to be elite or even really good and Diaz sees a little uptick in statistical success with the increase in talent to his scheme I see no reason why Miami can't be a national elite again.

You really need to be negligent and borderline learning disabled to **** this up, IMO.

Advertisement
Concerns or not, he is our coach. Get over it and give coach Richt a chance to show what he can do in MIAMI!!! before you cast him off as a failure.

Bobby Bowden became a head coach in 1970 and it took him 23 years to play for his first one. Tom Osborne was 11 years. Elite coaches win lots of games. Winning 10 games a year in the SEC over a 15 year span qualifies him as elite. Getting to a championship game requires a little luck. Like an immaculate knee, a dropped two point conversion, or a wide right.

Advertisement
His record speaks for himself also 5 yards away in 2012 from not only being in a championship but they would've beat the **** out of ND.. I know you're a hater already so I'm not going to expand any further

So, his claim to fame is "5 yards away" from playing in a title game....only once in 15 years?

Look, I am just saying, I don't know that Richt is the can't miss coach many of us are thinking.

Plus, not one dominant team in 15 years?

Last edited:
I like Richt and the hiring of him, but he's most certainly not a can't miss coach.

So, his claim to fame is "5 yards away" from playing in a title game....only once in 15 years?

Look, I am just saying, I don't know that Richt is the can't miss coach many of us are thinking.

slam dunk hire stfu.

I personally don't see him as can't miss. He is not who I wanted, but he is a competent coach. My biggest fear with Richt is that he may not have the fire in his belly to get to the top. If, as he says, he wants to get back to hands on coaching, then maybe my fear is unfounded. We'll see. As with any coach, winning is what matters. I'm okay with waiting it out. Win, and I'm happy. Otherwise, we already have a relationship with the guys who fly banners.

Advertisement
Not this **** again. Best hire we could've made, period. Who would you have hired?

Advertisement
Look, I like Richt, and yes, he is better than our last 3 coaches, but I have some concerns.

1. Georgia has never had a flat out dominant team that other teams feared in 15 years under Richt
2. He's never had his team in a title game in 15 years, and shouldn't a top notch coach at least have his team in at least 1 title game? I can see not winning a title, but to not even PLAY in a title game in 15 years?
Do yourself a favor and count how many coaches have won or lost a title in the last 15 years and then tell me which ones we had a shot at hiring.

You're going to have concerns about every coach other than Urban and Nick. Leave it alone already. This is our coach, and he's the best one we have had in 15 years. More than capable of taking us to the top.

You're going to have concerns about every coach other than Urban and Nick. Leave it alone already. This is our coach, and he's the best one we have had in 15 years. More than capable of taking us to the top.

Exactly!!!^^^

Who was the can't miss coach that was available that was a better option than Richt? Some will say Herman but based off of one season in a much weaker conference, I think not. Riley and Patterson also great coaches but how many National Championships they got more than Richt? Who's to say they would've did as well in the SEC. Chip Kelly obviously had no desire to return to college. So who?

Not one dominant team but you just mentioned he was 5 yards away from the National Championship. That would qualify as a dominant team. What coach prevented him from going to that Championship? Won 2 conference championships in the SEC and participated in 6 and he didn't have one dominant team? He didn't get almost 100 more wins than losses in the Mac, he got them in the SEC. Recognize a home run when you see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back