NFL Should the Dolphins have drafted Justin Herbert?

This is why you are such a bad porster. You used "Tua was a better college QB" to justify the Dolphins picking him over Herbert, as if the NFL is supposed to draft better college QBs. Then I gave you the list of all the QBs drafted ahead of Brady and you flip-flopped to claim that Brady was better than all them, including Pennington who went in the FIRST ROUND. You are claiming that a sixth round QB was a "better college QB" than a first rounder QB. Sure.

Brady's story is well known. He was SEVENTH on the depth chart at one point. He couldn't beat out GRIESE. And, sure, as a junior-senior he beat out freshman-sophomore Henson. Barely.

Then you lie about Brady vs. Henson. Brady started EVERY game in his junior AND senior seasons. Brady only platooned with Henson for the first half of 1999, and some of Brady's most memorable comebacks/close victories came when he was NOT platooning with Henson in 1999, such as victories over Indiana, Ped State, Ohio Taint, and Alabama.

But, sure, we are supposed to believe your nonsense about Tua being a "better collegiate QB" than Herbert, and how that should entitle Tua to being a higher draft choice...
This is why you are such a bad porster. You used "Tua was a better college QB" to justify the Dolphins picking him over Herbert, as if the NFL is supposed to draft better college QBs. Then I gave you the list of all the QBs drafted ahead of Brady and you flip-flopped to claim that Brady was better than all them, including Pennington who went in the FIRST ROUND. You are claiming that a sixth round QB was a "better college QB" than a first rounder QB. Sure.

Brady's story is well known. He was SEVENTH on the depth chart at one point. He couldn't beat out GRIESE. And, sure, as a junior-senior he beat out freshman-sophomore Henson. Barely.

Then you lie about Brady vs. Henson. Brady started EVERY game in his junior AND senior seasons. Brady only platooned with Henson for the first half of 1999, and some of Brady's most memorable comebacks/close victories came when he was NOT platooning with Henson in 1999, such as victories over Indiana, Ped State, Ohio Taint, and Alabama.

But, sure, we are supposed to believe your nonsense about Tua being a "better collegiate QB" than Herbert, and how that should entitle Tua to being a higher draft choice...
Cheers.

Advertisement
We are going to disagree here, but I like Parker. I think he is a #1 WR. He's tall, fast, he wins 50/50 balls, he catches passes, teams have to account for him. The only thing that I THINK why fans haven't endeared themselves to Parker is he gets injured. But when he has a QB who can throw the football and knows the playbook, Parker is legit.
I agree and disagree. He can be a number 1 but he's too inconsistent. Let's see how he does this year consider Fitzmagic is having his best passing year of his career so far. I think?

O line, d line those guys are always needed. Or they could have traded for more picks in future draft years.

Before even drafting the guy Miami knew he wasn't going to play this year due to either health concerns or covid uncertainties. This year was going to be a waste any way, so you tank one more year and get a generational talent, like LeBron.

Tua will probably have 2 or 3 good years, not great, get hurt and the Dolphins are back to square one.

And if the phins had the equivalent of Pat Rilley calling the shots you could trust the process, but like the Hurrixanes there has been decades of incompetence.
Is that what you "Think" is going to happen or is it what you "Want" to happen so you can say you we're right?

Every single point you make is nutty.

The question was whether the Dolphins made a mistake picking Tua, not "why is Tua not starting yet". And that oh-so-terrible Dolphins OL that you cite has somehow not prevented FitzMagic from putting up video game numbers. You're essentially making a Bobby Bowden "it only rained on our side of the field" argument.

All you are doing is a bunch of name-dropping and apples-oranges comparison. Yapping about "last year's" Dolphins OL or how the Dolphins OL was "projected" to play, rather than analyzing actual outcomes.

Then you cite the ETERNAL bullsh!te on "better collegiate QB". Nobody ******* cares about that. By that measure, Gino Torretta and Ken Dorsey should be NFL HOF'ers.

And your point on "Tank for Tua" was my EXACT POINT about the Dolphins falling in love with Tua a year ago and ignoring all other evidence. I mean, what if the Dolphins had "succeeded" in tanking and had the #1 overall pick, would they have passed on Burrow because they loved Tua so much? You know that was a very likely outcome.

FitzMagic won't "play himself out of a job" because he is streaky, it will be because of his age. Just stop it.

As for why Herbert is starting, again, NOBODY CARES. This was not a thread about "should the Dolphins be starting Tua" or "should the Chargers be sitting Herbert". It is a thread about which QB to take in the draft.

Not only was Herbert the far better selection, but there was SO MUCH RISK associated with Tua's injuries that I cannot fathom how the Dolphins screwed this one up.

The idiot Dolphins front office would have picked Tua #1 overall if they had only tanked more better.

You said awhole lot to say...The Dolphins currently have a better record than the Chargers....and Tua hasnt had to do anything but drink water and get tested for covid.

But oh yea the Dolphins "screwed this one up".

Is that what you "Think" is going to happen or is it what you "Want" to happen so you can say you we're right?
As a fan, you know I know better than the pros...So, it's what I think will happen, but what I want is another Dolphin Super Bowl win, Tua or not. And besides, nobody will remember what I say today 6 months from now or even care.

Advertisement
A healthy Tua is better in every way than Herbert. His health, future health, is the only question.

Sure, he had better talent around him. Nobody will debate that. Still, he has to identify who to throw it to and when. In my 30 years of following the sport, there's only a handful of QB's who have had the pinpoint accuracy he has. He's one **** of a thrower to any point on the field.

I don't know how he fits in with the Phins now or three years down the road. I would say his best comparison is Drew Brees. If he gets to that level, he'll have to be in the right place at the right time. That doesn't always happen in the NFL. His ceiling though is higher than Herbert. At least it is IMO.

As a fan, you know I know better than the pros...So, it's what I think will happen, but what I want is another Dolphin Super Bowl win, Tua or not. And besides, nobody will remember what I say today 6 months from now or even care.
Actually I was talking about your avatar. :cool:

As I look at how Herbert has been preforming I can’t get the feeling of ****! “Did we whiff on another QB draft?” I know Tua hasn’t played yet however the “signs” we were getting on not drafting Herbert don’t appear to be there.. I hope Tua becomes good
I would have been ok with that.....but I would have sold out on OL and sold the farm for Lawrence this year.

Advertisement
I blame the virus because we weren’t able to have in face visits. If we would have worked out Herbert we would have taken him i believe that!

Yeah, that "in-face visit" with the Chargers really gave them the edge.

Why can't we just admit that the Dolphins fell in love with Tua two years ago and never gave anyone else a chance?

You said awhole lot to say...The Dolphins currently have a better record than the Chargers....and Tua hasnt had to do anything but drink water and get tested for covid.

But oh yea the Dolphins "screwed this one up".

And? The better record is due to FitzMagic. The better player is Herbert.

Advertisement
Back