NFL Should the Dolphins have drafted Justin Herbert?

ZuCrew

Sophomore
As I look at how Herbert has been preforming I can’t get the feeling of ****! “Did we whiff on another QB draft?” I know Tua hasn’t played yet however the “signs” we were getting on not drafting Herbert don’t appear to be there.. I hope Tua becomes good

Advertisement
There were times I thought he'd be really good and others when I questioned that. So far though...

Advertisement
I was very high on Herbert coming out of Oregon & I can see y many on here who were ho-hum on Cristobal until he shows what he can do w/o this young man as his QB. I told my dad (an avid Chargers fan) that they got #1 QB in the draft b/c of his moxy & his ability to hit any throw on the field w/ ease. He’s super ecstatic, although Herbert is 0-4. A lot of heartbreakers for this squad.

They are young, but they have the ability to be a problem next season, and a pest for playoff contenders this yr.

Advertisement
We haven’t even seen Tua really yet. Herbert was by far my fav QB in the draft. He’s got everything you could want in a QB. I think he’s more accurate and throws a better ball than Trevor Lawrence. If there’s one thing the Chargers do well, it’s draft QBs.

I was very high on Herbert coming out of Oregon & I can see y many on here who were ho-hum on Cristobal until he shows what he can do w/o this young man as his QB. I told my dad (an avid Chargers fan) that they got #1 QB in the draft b/c of his moxy & his ability to hit any throw on the field w/ ease. He’s super ecstatic, although Herbert is 0-4. A lot of heartbreakers for this squad.

They are young, but they have the ability to be a problem next season, and a pest for playoff contenders this yr.
I'm a low key Chargers fan (Fins, G-Men, Eagles, Chargers are my squads). Constant heartbreak man.

Advertisement
I was lobbying for Herbert over Tua to the Dolphins. But, need to wait about 3 years to truly know their comparative worth.

Ex.

Who was the better QB pick, Winston or Marriota? Turns out neither was great.
Goff vs Wentz? Both are good but not dominant.
Mahomes? Wildly better than anticipated.
Rosen? Wildly worse than anticipated.

It takes 2-3 seasons to accurately assess young QBs.

No. The phins should have traded down and picked up o and d linemen. Continue the tank this year and pick up TL.

Instead they draft a broke qb who doesn't look like he is even going to play this year from whats been said. And because they can't even tank right, they'll win 4 or 5 games this year and draft at the 7th spot.

Coronavirus broke the spacetime continuum.

We're in some bizzaro world where Justin Herbert and Josh Allen are good. idk. **** don't make no sense.

Advertisement
we dont know yet but herbert looks **** good. he can improvise really well and make tough throws under pressure/while scrambling. hope tua is as good as they say he should be

Flores and Grier have made some decent moves but that hire is so confusing to me.
I wondered when the hire was made (and continue to wonder) if they hired Chan with plans to eventually have Fitzpatrick segue into that role. If he retires after this season it wouldn't be shocking to see him get a position on the staff. He's already mentoring Tua and has been lauded by just about everyone for his leadership.

If you look at the career trajectory of Kellen Moore as a coach, the blueprint has been set. Moore was always respected for his intelligence and was able to hang around in the NFL as a backup because of it and in spite of his physical limitations. He then spent 1 year as QB coach in Dallas after playing there for 3 seasons, before stepping into the OC role. Since becoming OC he has had a lot of success. Sure he is working with a lot of talent but that isn't a guarantee that an offense will excel. In recent memory just look at the Browns and the Falcons.

Advertisement
Back