Shemar Stewart

People keep referring to him as a 5*, but he's no longer a 5*. That was a high school score based on hs production, measurables, and potential, future, production. Now there is real tape on him, and you have to see him for who he is. Call him a talented guy who has severely underperformed. The coaches have to quickly get to the root cause. There are enough other talented guys out there who have the character, work ethic, grit, and toughness who will fit into the culture that Mario has been trying to create and may also be better with respect to resource allocation.

Put another way, if you didn't know his name, saw him as Player X, and you reviewed his tape, his measurables, and his productivity in college, he wouldn't carry the same weight right now. It's possible that the coaches may still see him as a take, a kid who wasn't used correctly or had some other variable that can explain his lack of productivity. Like any player, he still has to prove himself, but he's got a longer way to go.
My Aggie buddy says hes very good and would be a big loss… those guys recruit D line really well, so not a surprise he wasnt starting this early in his career. But point taken. Anyone coming in now has to re-prove themselves.

Advertisement
Is he open to beef up and play inside because he made it very clear as a recruit he was only playing DE.
Not sure he has that kind of leverage anymore. He's not a 5 star player now.

I dont think posters were saying hes a 5* player but he definitlely has 5* talent. And if we can get Jason Taylor to get it out of him, then you got yourself a stud. Im not saying go and pursue him..but if he calls, you dont send him to VM either. Just sayin'.

Advertisement
Voices In My Head Comedy GIF by CBS

I never expected him so I never really watched much of his tape. Is he a jumbo end who has some twitch? Can he bend? Does he play with Technique or raw athleticism?

Soooo.... Are y'all saying y'all don't trust Mr.Gold-Jacket JT with player development? 👀👀

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back