2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm glad he didn't change his crystal ball to UM, that would have sounded the alarms too soon and upped the bag. We are in the best position possible - getting Shemar on campus for the last OV of this recruiting cycle. What else could you want? We have some things working against us (lack of DC, lack of other coaches) but we have Mario. Excited to see how this plays out.
Wiltfong is seldom wrong, unless it’s a big time recruit being crystal balled to us. I swear that’s the only time he’s completely wrong. So, I’m good with him not switching.

Advertisement
If you ask me, the DC thing is a red herring. If he doesn't sign here, then it's just a pretextual reason why. Wherever he goes, he'll be lucky if the DC is there all 3 or 4 years of his college career. Coordinators at top programs are being poached for HC positions all the time. He should not expect any permanency among the DC at any school he's looking at. However, he should expect permanency at the HC spot and we're good there. Besides, ultimately, Mario calls the shots. Mario can explain what type of scheme he envisions his defense running, where he fits, etc. without the actual hire being made. Mario isn't going to hire someone whom he doesn't see eye to eye with in terms of what Mario wants his D to look like.

This. I’m sure Mario can tell him how he wants to run his defense. You think shemar cares if it’s belk or schuman or whoever and know what they run? Cmon man

If Shemar doesn’t come here its because we were mean to his Coach on CIS not because we dont have a DC

Some people are dumb enough to think that way & that will be a spinzone
I dont think that would be a reason why but I also dont think its getting us any brownie points either. I dont know if you recall but we had posters on rivals back in the early to mid 2000's that chased of a OL recruit. I for get his name but his mom was on the rivals site and one night posters got into with her and it lasted like 3 or 4 days and ultimately he dropped us because of it. Im sure there some one on here who recalls this.

Advertisement
Changing their tune a bit …

F59B527D-594C-4AE2-B51F-1FBB1FB1C8CF.png

Advertisement
I don’t understand how people could just laugh off the DC thing as a potential factor in his decision making process yet have a million page thread going where we are all crying about not having a DC. Funny.
Man who gives a crap about a DC if the HC is telling you what the move is. DC talk is cap. Either a convenient way out or a bunch of nothing. The DC is essentially running what the HC wants anyway

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back