2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
We must admit its a little weird to be recruiting players without coordinators. Especially if there are questions about where certain players end up in terms of position. I know one thing, if he chooses another school and says he wanted to go to Miami but decided against it cuz we didn't have a DC i will be highly ****ed and critical of Cristobal. And yes he does need to take time to find the right guys but 3 weeks to a month is enough not narrow down a list and get answers from the final candidates. Especially since money aint an issue. Lets just hope it doesn't come to that.

spinning GIF

He doesn’t. He is going Wednesday which leaves a spot for Mario to go the Thursday or Friday before his visit.
he also has Muschamp and Scott going ....can't under estimate the defending champs and that big a$$ SEC bag they might drop to his handler...still believe UGA is the team we have to worry about...

What this sounds like is... Either BS or just Jimbo negatively recruiting the **** out of us. Mario already laid out how he's going to be used. He already has a DL coach (which is more important in my opinion).... He literally just raved about his visit here a couple days ago...and guess what, WE HAD NO FREAKING DC THEN. Now this is a concern? Man child please!

Advertisement
U know he had to be a die hard fan to be hearing it from Heritage all day to go somewhere else. I mean he was at the HS that we struggle with and was a five star and stuck by the U. If that ain't a fan I don't know what is. I think covid helped with Taylor
LT wasnt a fan of the DL coach at UF n he ain’t want to leave his mom

He doesn’t. He is going Wednesday which leaves a spot for Mario to go the Thursday or Friday before his visit.
mario already used it. He has only his OV this weekend.

Moe laying the the excuses out there right now.

Advertisement
Ivins spoke to Shemar via telephone yesterday, not Moe.

Highlights:

- Highlights of his trip were seeing snow for first time and eating tons of food
-the trip definitely helped UGA; "Great coaches, great environment". He got to see/hold the trophy
- Hosted by Jalon Walker, EE who played in the AA Bowl with Shemar a few weeks ago. "He was trying to get me to commit"

- Spent most of time with assistants Trey Scott and Will Muschamp. "They really cleared up where I would play for them on defense," Stewart explained. "It would be more of a Travon Walker role. He does everything for them. And I like doing everything."

-

Kirby Smart's message? "We need you because we're losing a lot of guys," Stewart said.

Stewart is expected to host Smart and multiple Bulldogs staffers for an in-home visit on Wednesday as Georgia looks to edge both Texas A&M and Miami for the blue-chip prospect's signature.

"They are all still in it," Stewart said. "It's going to be close."

After UGA meets with Stewart, the Aggies are sending Jimbo Fisher to sit down with Stewart on Thursday.

Stewart will then make his way down to Coral Gables to spend the weekend with the Hurricanes on one final official visit. "I think I kind of have seen everything," Stewart said of the Miami visit. "Really it's just about the coaches."

Sounds like Kirby has changed his message to Shemar; as always, promising kids positions/playing time
No mention of Schumann at all.

If Shemar turns his Back on his hometown school to go to College Station, after Miami has made the change to give local guys no excuse to leave, not sure what to say.

Bring in legit HC, revamp S&C, nutrition, has a DL coach that is going to have a top 5 pick, already had some other elite DL talent that will
Allow Shemar to get 1 on 1's, and he can stay close to his grandmother, and Miami a better academic school.

If Shemar turns his Back on his hometown school to go to College Station, after Miami has made the change to give local guys no excuse to leave, not sure what to say.

Bring in legit HC, revamp S&C, nutrition, has a DL coach that is going to have a top 5 pick, already had some other elite DL talent that will
Allow Shemar to get 1 on 1's, and he can stay close to his grandmother, and Miami a better academic school.

But but but but we don’t have a DC

Advertisement
I don’t understand how people could just laugh off the DC thing as a potential factor in his decision making process yet have a million page thread going where we are all crying about not having a DC. Funny.
I’m positive that every person on this site would be questioning what’s going on if our son was a 5 star defensive end wanting to make a decision on where he should go to school… and one of those schools doesn’t have a defensive or offensive coordinator. If they tell you differently they are as big of a homer as it gets

I don’t understand how people could just laugh off the DC thing as a potential factor in his decision making process yet have a million page thread going where we are all crying about not having a DC. Funny.
Yea the not having a DC thing stinks, and may have some bearing on the recruitment and what he chooses. I just want to point out the other 2 schools he's considering just lost their DC's post season to go to another school. Chances are whatever school he chooses of the 3 the DC won't be there his entire tenure. The vision and plan on how to utilize him like he points out in the interview when he speaks about UGA. Thats the key. I don't think the absent DC is that big of a factor like it's being pushed right now. It's being used as an excuse to justify the situation.

Yea the not having a DC thing stinks, and may have some bearing on the recruitment and what he chooses. I just want to point out the other 2 schools he's considering just lost their DC's post season to go to another school. Chances are whatever school he chooses of the 3 the DC won't be there his entire tenure. The vision and plan on how to utilize him like he points out in the interview when he speaks about UGA. Thats the key. I don't think the absent DC is that big of a factor like it's being pushed right now. It's being used as an excuse to justify the situation.
No doubt having a DC isn't the end all be all. If you broke down the reasons why a player commits to a school it's probably something like:

50% - HC
25% - School (recent success, history, campus, facilities, etc)
and then you have other things that fall underneath here like the coordinator, the position coaches, etc.

Mario is going after a 5 star, top 10 overall prospect and competing with two big schools (although A&M is really just an average program). If this were Mario vs FSU & Auburn then I don't really think the DC thing matters much.

So point is you want to level the playing field as much as you can when going up against a program like UGA and right now we 1 have defensive coach hired (luckily it's his position coach). But UGA just won a natty and replaced their DC with a well known name in Muschamp. A&M is throwing stupid bags around and replaced their DC with another well known name in Durkin. Both of their staffs (I believe) are finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back