2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
A&M coaches think Shemar is 100% theirs FWIW. A SFL recruit I know visited unofficially Wednesday of last week and they told him no way shemar doesn't go there. We will see.
I was with a family who's kid was at the Elite weekend here and a bunch of the kids we're talking about Shemar already giving his pledge to the U.

See I can do it too. :)

Advertisement
If you're an objective college football fan with no ties to any program and you look at where we are currently at, you're probably a little confused about what's going on. Is it possible that Mario has this all under control and it's all going according to plan? Yeah sure. But objectively there's more than enough here to raise some eyebrows.

We have 1 defensive coach hired, Joe Salave'a. There's no DC. There's no LB coach. There's no CB coach. There's no S coach. The only holdover from Miami that was recruiting Shemar to Miami is now coaching at Bama. The fact that we're in his top 3 and the guy is taking his final OV to us is a god **** miracle at this point and Mario should get a ton of credit for keeping us in the game.

If Shemar does in fact choose A&M or UGA then IMO it's very obvious why. Does that mean the sky is falling and Mario has failed us? No. But you can certainly be critical and ask some questions.
I agree wholeheartedly. I've said on the other board that this process has dragged on too long. Mario just looks indecisive not thorough. That's not good. Saban is the goat, and it didn't take him this long to fill out a staff.....and he can still recruit top classes. It's a bad look. I don't blame Shemar necessarily. I mean you want a kid to commit but you can't tell him who the coordinator is, what scheme you're running, or how you will be used exactly. If we weren't all canes fans and biased, nobody with any sense would take that deal.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've said on the other board that this process has dragged on too long. Mario just looks indecisive not thorough. That's not good. Saban is the goat, and it didn't take him this long to fill out a staff.....and he can still recruit top classes. It's a bad look. I don't blame Shemar necessarily. I mean you want a kid to commit but you can't tell him who the coordinator is, what scheme you're running, or how you will be used exactly. If we weren't all canes fans and biased, nobody with any sense would take that deal.
Post 1 #3 answers the scheme question.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/💩-just-got-real-were-not-fing-around-if-mario-cant-do-it-shut-the-program-down.175941/

Advertisement
His decision impacts his own future way more than it impacts Mario’s. He has every right to want to know who is going to be coaching him.
Understood! My comment had nothing to do with how it impacts Mario.

I could’ve put in there “head coach” instead of Mario but it all shakes out to be the same - it’s what’s best for Shamar but if he believes in the “head coach” and trust him, that’s the major part of the battle.

Let’s say he’s hypothetically considering Jackson State. You think he’s going there because of the DC or Coach Prime?

Last edited:
Advertisement
so he said himself its just about the coaches. I hope this super secret DC is put in touch with shemar if its about the coaches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldn't sign to a school if I did not know what scheme I would be playing in or who my D coordinator is.
Meh. How many kids really go to a school because of a coordinator? There are many schools who change coordinators regularly. Kids focus more on the HC and philosophy/scheme. If your coordinator is really good or sucks, odds are he will be gone in 2 years any ways.

Bama kids are never certain who their coordinators will be in a year or two but they trust Saban and know what his vision is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back