Sheldrick Redwine Posting Solid Track Times

At the Ferguson Falcons Invitational Sheldrick Redwine finished 2nd in the 100 posting a 11.30 and 3rd in the 200 posting a 23.26. Those are some really solid times.

Im not a big track guy so i dont understand the numbers. how can that compare to another FB player who ran track?

Tracy Howard ran a 11.21
Yup. He was probably the highest ranked DB coming out of HS that year, but wasn't known for his speed. Not sure he ran track for his HS and I know for a fact he never ran track for UM (compared to DVD, Phillip, Duke and Burns)

Tracy ran at Miramar.

Those times arent good times for south florida...Dont think he is a real track guy, just running to stay in shape......which is good. Plus its early in season.

-lauderdaleballer you prollyw as coached by my old hs coach franklin.

No I didn't attend Dillard. I attended sphs... We were scattered all over the place due to the boundary zones haha.

Advertisement
look Redwine will never be a 4.3 or 4.4 guy. but him doing track could easily put him in the high 4.5 range, i'd be more then happy with that kid is very long and rangy would make him seriously dangerous.

Yea with his size the high 4.5's is attainable. He will have to get faster. At certain positions speed plays a major role.

At the Ferguson Falcons Invitational Sheldrick Redwine finished 2nd in the 100 posting a 11.30 and 3rd in the 200 posting a 23.26. Those are some really solid times.

Im not a big track guy so i dont understand the numbers. how can that compare to another FB player who ran track?

They are decent numbers. I think that's around where he runs. A high 4.6. I don't know it seemed like a slow meet. My best friend set the state record in 06 running a 10.2 or 10.3 and he went to Auburn for football but eventually just stuck with track and was an AA. I think Denard Robinson was timed at a 10.4 or 10.5. An 11.3 is decent speed.

I think I recall him, last name Adams? Kid was ridiculously fast.

Yea that's him. He's running professionally now. He never wanted to play ball. He loved track and he's doing well...

Harry Adams. My brother in laws nephew. He is doing well. Never liked football. Got him a free education though.

I like the fact that redwine is actually running track and trying to get better. Says something about the kid. With that said 11.3 isn't all that great but it is early in the season so he has time to improve.

Advertisement

They are decent numbers. I think that's around where he runs. A high 4.6. I don't know it seemed like a slow meet. My best friend set the state record in 06 running a 10.2 or 10.3 and he went to Auburn for football but eventually just stuck with track and was an AA. I think Denard Robinson was timed at a 10.4 or 10.5. An 11.3 is decent speed.

I think I recall him, last name Adams? Kid was ridiculously fast.

Yea that's him. He's running professionally now. He never wanted to play ball. He loved track and he's doing well...

Harry Adams. My brother in laws nephew. He is doing well. Never liked football. Got him a free education though.

Yea he's a real good friend of mine. He always told me he didn't care for football like that. Way before the Auburn offer. He liked it but didn't have the passion for it as he did for track. I'm hoping he continues to progress so we can finally knock off Jamaica and Bolts come Olympics time haha.

I like the fact that redwine is actually running track and trying to get better. Says something about the kid. With that said 11.3 isn't all that great but it is early in the season so he has time to improve.

Yea thats a hard working mentality. I think most of the south Florida players as a whole need to run track in the off-season. A lot of these kids are coming in too slow. I don't care about any electronic times. When the majority of our freshmen wideouts are running 4.7-4.8 we have aptoblem. Same for our db's. No one should come in running lower than a 4.6. Speed shows on film. I'm disappointed we have FAU and UCF dbs running faster than our corners.

For comparative purposes, I'm 28 and when I was in gr10 I ran an 11.30 in 100m and 22.9 in the 200m and ran a 4.6 at 6' 200lbs when I was in gr12, and that's in Canada with track training for a year, which put me in top 30 in Canada.
Those numbers he put up makes me think he's crazy good out of the blocks but no long speed whih works for a db.

My H.S. RB on our old Track team ran a 10.7 100 meters. That track time also, for the longest time, stood as a High School record in No. Dade. Lots of players on our Football team, WRs, CBs, and RBs ran Track full time, not just to foster explosion, but to compete. The big uglies threw the shot put and LBs and other linemen tossed the circus. Not sure what my time in the 100 was since I ran middle distance heats of 800 meters to 1500 meters. During times of little depth, I'd run a 1.5K meter relay or infrequently the 400m relay, which gives a 100M leg; suffice to say, I'd vouch that OP needs to know that 11.30 time for a hundred meter race is slow for Dade County, and for the entire tri-County area in So. Fl. Therefore 0P should think twice in trying to boost up a recruit while counterproductively posting an all point bulletin of such slow time.

Folks need to remember that when you hear about what some guys in the past ran, you're usually hearing their very best time. Lots of guys who "ran the 100 in 10.8 back when they were in high school" actually probably ran a lot of 11.2s and 11.3s also, but they tell everyone they ran 10.8 because of the 10-12 races they ran, the 10.8 was the fastest. Remember to factor that in when you hear new times coming in.

My takeaway on the Redwine time is that it's clear he's not a blazer - we all knew that prior to this - but it's also reassuring that a solid level of speed is there which I wasn't totally convinced of from his film. If he ran that into wind and this was FAT, that time's actually a positive for me.

Advertisement

Yea thats a hard working mentality. I think most of the south Florida players as a whole need to run track in the off-season. A lot of these kids are coming in too slow. I don't care about any electronic times. When the majority of our freshmen wideouts are running 4.7-4.8 we have aptoblem. Same for our db's. No one should come in running lower than a 4.6. Speed shows on film. I'm disappointed we have FAU and UCF dbs running faster than our corners.

If Golden & D'Onofrio got you kicking back 10-15 yards off the line of scrimmage, then that problem is mitigated as far as this dynamic duo is concerned. Ladarius Gunter ran in the combines at right about 4.7 so you could imagine how he could have kept up with Cook, Rashad Greene and FSWho's other speedy WRs (sub4.5/40) during the game we played them…oh that's right, he didn't; they pulled away. In philosophy, I don't really think that Golden covets the speedy quick twitch CBs in So. Fl. I know he blew off Phillip Buchanon brother/cousin (Davis) away, and that dude -- after having gone to prep for eligibility -- had his offer pulled without notice when he tried to enroll in that January. They'd rather have the "smart" CB that has a "feel" for the ball or that CB who's just a "natural" ball hawk.

Folks need to remember that when you hear about what some guys in the past ran, you're usually hearing their very best time. Lots of guys who "ran the 100 in 10.8 back when they were in high school" actually probably ran a lot of 11.2s and 11.3s also, but they tell everyone they ran 10.8 because of the 10-12 races they ran, the 10.8 was the fastest. Remember to factor that in when you hear new times coming in.

My takeaway on the Redwine time is that it's clear he's not a blazer - we all knew that prior to this - but it's also reassuring that a solid level of speed is there which I wasn't totally convinced of from his film. If he ran that into wind and this was FAT, that time's actually a positive for me.

the difference between 10.8 and 11.3 is gigantic though...it would look like someone getting absolutely left in the dust on TV. It would take substantial training and effort to go from one time to the other.

the difference between 10.8 and 11.3 is gigantic though...it would look like someone getting absolutely left in the dust on TV. It would take substantial training and effort to go from one time to the other.

Sorry, you don't have to be valid in *********ing, I mean, in fabricating realities on a message board…they figure most people won't notice that if something seems barely plausible, then it could be real so ish just get made and legends are born WTF

My cousin "speedy" rannell hall likely would smoke every wr on our roster not named Dorsett. Ucf recruits pretty well....O'leary is a good developer and doesnt go off of list.

Advertisement

My cousin "speedy" rannell hall likely would smoke every wr on our roster not named Dorsett. Ucf recruits pretty well....O'leary is a good developer and doesnt go off of list.

Man UCF has a lot of talent. Speedy included. Unfortunately they were in transition with a new qb (who has a lot of potential) that resulted in the wideouts stats dropping a little as a unit. However, if O'leary can find speed without a list why do we tend to lack speed when we have all of the connections and list? Our dbs are quite slow with the exception of 2 or 3.

Redwine is more explosive than fast. His vertical jumps (reported 37') reflect that, as does the game film.

Against 22mph wind that's like running into a brick wall. Don't give a **** how fast you are it will make u look WAY worse

Advertisement

Man UCF has a lot of talent. Speedy included. Unfortunately they were in transition with a new qb (who has a lot of potential) that resulted in the wideouts stats dropping a little as a unit. However, if O'leary can find speed without a list why do we tend to lack speed when we have all of the connections and list? Our dbs are quite slow with the exception of 2 or 3.

Because we are....PENN STATE... These guys put a EMPHASIS...on size....i mean in EVERY interview Goldy mentions it...regardless what the interview is about....it could be about Blake James our a.d,....dude would say..."Blake is working, he's a guy that came in a 5'5 115. he bought in and is sitting at about 5'5 120 right now making progress"....Speed is NOT an emphasis at pretty much ANY position for Goldy. Our defense was Very slow the last two -three years....

Because we are....PENN STATE... These guys put a EMPHASIS...on size....i mean in EVERY interview Goldy mentions it...regardless what the interview is about....it could be about Blake James our a.d,....dude would say..."Blake is working, he's a guy that came in a 5'5 115. he bought in and is sitting at about 5'5 120 right now making progress"....Speed is NOT an emphasis at pretty much ANY position for Goldy. Our defense was Very slow the last two -three years....

The operative word for golden is. "He has great lengths" like Golden has some unique blend of scheme that utilizes this "length" to neutralize all offenses, yet these offenses are tearing his D for many little one and long ones, you pick

Those times are not real fast but they are solid. For what its worth Dalvin Cook ran in his elevens as well. He may have posted a faster time breaking the eleven mark but he was not consistent and also ran a 11.3 as well. Redwine running track is only setting him up for the future, with good technique an 11.3 can stick with a ton of WRs, its not like every college WR is a Dorsett.

Advertisement
Back