Sheldrick Redwine Posting Solid Track Times

Pl.sl
Folks need to remember that when you hear about what some guys in the past ran, you're usually hearing their very best time. Lots of guys who "ran the 100 in 10.8 back when they were in high school" actually probably ran a lot of 11.2s and 11.3s also, but they tell everyone they ran 10.8 because of the 10-12 races they ran, the 10.8 was the fastest. Remember to factor that in when you hear new times coming in.

My takeaway on the Redwine time is that it's clear he's not a blazer - we all knew that prior to this - but it's also reassuring that a solid level of speed is there which I wasn't totally convinced of from his film. If he ran that into wind and this was FAT, that time's actually a positive for me.

the difference between 10.8 and 11.3 is gigantic though...it would look like someone getting absolutely left in the dust on TV. It would take substantial training and effort to go from one time to the other.

Agree. If you run a . 10.8 you will not be runnin a 11.3 there after u less the guy with the watch cheated. If you pop off a 10.8 you will run 11 or better pretty much everYtime depending on the person, body make up, mileage , strength etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back