Sheldrick Redwine Posting Solid Track Times

Hstokes1447

Junior
At the Ferguson Falcons Invitational Sheldrick Redwine finished 2nd in the 100 posting a 11.30 and 3rd in the 200 posting a 23.26. Those are some really solid times.

Advertisement
Kid's been working real hard since Signing Day. He's been putting in major work in the weight room and in track to get himself better for the next level.

At the Ferguson Falcons Invitational Sheldrick Redwine finished 2nd in the 100 posting a 11.30 and 3rd in the 200 posting a 23.26. Those are some really solid times.

Im not a big track guy so i dont understand the numbers. how can that compare to another FB player who ran track?

Could end up being a steal in the class. A longtime football scout in Florida ranked him as a top 40 overall kid in the state.

Im not a big track guy so i dont understand the numbers. how can that compare to another FB player who ran track?

They are decent numbers. I think that's around where he runs. A high 4.6. I don't know it seemed like a slow meet. My best friend set the state record in 06 running a 10.2 or 10.3 and he went to Auburn for football but eventually just stuck with track and was an AA. I think Denard Robinson was timed at a 10.4 or 10.5. An 11.3 is decent speed.

Advertisement

They are decent numbers. I think that's around where he runs. A high 4.6. I don't know it seemed like a slow meet. My best friend set the state record in 06 running a 10.2 or 10.3 and he went to Auburn for football but eventually just stuck with track and was an AA. I think Denard Robinson was timed at a 10.4 or 10.5. An 11.3 is decent speed.

I think I recall him, last name Adams? Kid was ridiculously fast.

The kid could be a great football player who will do great here but those are not competitive numbers from a track prospective. You have to run the 100 meter below 11 seconds on a boys track team to be competitive.

Don't think he's running track to compete. I think it's purely to improve his speed, acceleration etc.

The kid could be a great football player who will do great here but those are not competitive numbers from a track prospective. You have to run the 100 meter below 11 seconds on a boys track team to be competitive.

They were running against a 22mph wind according to the track report that I saw.

Advertisement

I think I recall him, last name Adams? Kid was ridiculously fast.

Yea that's him. He's running professionally now. He never wanted to play ball. He loved track and he's doing well...

They were running against a 22mph wind according to the track report that I saw.
That's what I read too,otherwise a 11.3 is a very slow time.

For comparative purposes, I'm 28 and when I was in gr10 I ran an 11.30 in 100m and 22.9 in the 200m and ran a 4.6 at 6' 200lbs when I was in gr12, and that's in Canada with track training for a year, which put me in top 30 in Canada.
Those numbers he put up makes me think he's crazy good out of the blocks but no long speed whih works for a db.

Advertisement

Tracy Howard ran a 11.21
Yup. He was probably the highest ranked DB coming out of HS that year, but wasn't known for his speed. Not sure he ran track for his HS and I know for a fact he never ran track for UM (compared to DVD, Phillip, Duke and Burns)

I can assure you that 11.3 is not really a great time. I was running that as a 14 year old.

That's what I read too,otherwise a 11.3 is a very slow time.

Makes a big difference

Advertisement

from DILLARD?

Tracy Howard ran a 11.21
Yup. He was probably the highest ranked DB coming out of HS that year, but wasn't known for his speed. Not sure he ran track for his HS and I know for a fact he never ran track for UM (compared to DVD, Phillip, Duke and Burns)

Tracy ran at Miramar.

Those times arent good times for south florida...Dont think he is a real track guy, just running to stay in shape......which is good. Plus its early in season.

-lauderdaleballer you prollyw as coached by my old hs coach franklin.

Kermit Whitfield who is now at FSU ran a 10.15 sec 100m in high school and his cousin Marvin bracy was faster than that.

Here is the article.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2013/3/16/jones_senior_levonte.html

It's good that Redwine is running track to improve his speed, but 11.30 Redwine will have to give Whitfield a 10-15 yd cushion on every play or jam the **** out of him in bump and run then pray to the football gods the pass rush gets a sack.

Redwine would probably fare better against FSU's Travis Rudoplh who ran a 11.03 sec 100m in high school but is probably much faster now.

Link to Rudoplh's 100 meter time.
http://www.all-athletics.com/node/670477

Go Canes

look Redwine will never be a 4.3 or 4.4 guy. but him doing track could easily put him in the high 4.5 range, i'd be more then happy with that kid is very long and rangy would make him seriously dangerous.

Advertisement
Back