Sheldrick Redwine - let's talk

Advertisement
I know he gets a lot of talk as the weak link in the secondary. We may be in for a big season if Redwine has taken the next steps.

Is he ready to make a impact?

Took a nice step as junior , should have a big senior season. Looks like he’s gotten bigger physically as well. Excited to see what he does

Took a nice step as junior , should have a big senior season. Looks like he’s gotten bigger physically as well. Excited to see what he does

Agreed. If he progresses as much this year as he did last, he should be pretty good.

Advertisement
Redwine makes All-ACC and we’ll have both safeties on that list, with JJ also on the AA list as well. That would mean a helluva season happened just occurred and we’ll be celebrating in the streets!!!

Anyone else feel like Redwine has been on this team for 6+ years? I still remember his last minute offer / committment under Golden.

Advertisement
Redwine makes All-ACC and we’ll have both safeties on that list, with JJ also on the AA list as well. That would mean a helluva season happened just occurred and we’ll be celebrating in the streets!!!

I hope you're right. But why'd you disagree with my post? Jenkins had a great senior year. And he was another kid who went unheralded until the end of the season when the fan base suddenly realized he was a **** of a player.

He didn’t know how to play safety though and you can’t someone to play safety...well at least to Coach Mark “Blue Ranch” Dorito.
Especially if they don't like to hit. I think like most have said, 22 is do for a big year. I just think he's ready to take off. Make a name for himself!

Advertisement
Advertisement
The kid is going to be in the NFL next year. That's nothing to sneeze at. I expect a huge leap from him this year, and he was pretty **** good last year.

I don't think I'd trade Safeties with many programs at all right now. And the Safety position is akin to QB....having 2 seniors quarterbacking the defense is going to be huge this year. Especially when one (Quan) is one of the most instinctual players we've ever had in the secondary.

Don't be surprised at all if Redwine plays himself into an NFL pick this fall. He's got the size and speed, and he's got some excellent ball skills from his days as a corner.

He may very well lead the team in turnovers this season, but he takes some bad bad angles more times than not.

The athleticism is definitely there. He just needs to shore up some things on the technical side.

The weak link of our defense? Dude is a solid safety and we still don’t have an every down #2 proven corner. Once he went out against FSU, we saw the results when #20 came in. I think he will make 2nd team ACC, because they aren’t going to test Jackson and Johnson too much.

Advertisement
Back