Sheldrick Redwine - let's talk

Advertisement
D, if Redwine is 6th on the team in the 40, and 5th in the shuttle that means that roughly 80 guys are other slower or less quick than he is.

I’m not worrying about the wall boards, I’m looking at Redwine relative to all the other players on the team (they were all measured by the same system) and it shows that Redwine is one of the fastest.
I know that **** is scary, unless redwine sprayed that deer antler on his legs in the off season Im all for it.

Redwine was:

-- Tied for 4th on the team in total tackles with Joe Jack (59)
-- 3rd in solo tackles behind Quan & Shaq (37)
-- Intercepted 2 passes (Tied with Malek for 3rd....Quan and Mike Jack had 4 each)
-- Was 3rd on the team in PBUs (6...and RJ was 2nd, so batted balls at the line included, obviously. More PBUs than MJ)
-- Forced 2 fumbles
-- Recovered a fumble
-- Played a ton for one of the best tackling teams I can remember in several years at Miami

All while playing 12 games....most of the other kids played 13.

Not bad production from a Junior. You'd surely expect an uptick in production as a Senior now.

I think he played pretty well last year as expect a big season out of him as a senior.

Advertisement
I am surprised to see his test results. I did not think he was all that athletically. Maybe he just didn't play fast and violent last year? I swear he looked like he was jogging around sometimes last season.

I think he will be a solid player this year. I am also confident in the guys behind him....

Last edited:
If the staff says he runs a 4.38 that’s his speed then you can’t fake that ****. This ain’t VT. Redwine tested at the top in every category **** near you think the coaches are running some sort of conspiracy only for Redwine?? Why doing that would serve no purpose... he’s obviously juiced up in the off season and ready to break out this year.

Advertisement
Even though we lost that game, Redwine showed out against Pitt!!

I think alot of people were down on him because he got ran over at Florida State, but that was earlier in the year when he was still in a CB's body, and still a lil green at the position...

It looks like he's taken a step, and with his speed, the skys the limit for him!

His lack of quickness hurts him at times when he needs to make plays in space. But he’s a good solid player.
He got toasted twice in the Orange Bowl against freshmens receivers.

He's a good player, but there is much room for improvement. Hopefully he has truly taken this jump everyone is raving about. Otherwise, I hope the staff doesn't hesitate in throwing Amari/Gurvan/Derrick Smith a heavier workload

Advertisement
I’ve been very critical. He takes bad angles and doesn’t play physical enough. He is the definition of serviceable.

I do like his experience though. This will be his 3rd year with starter minutes. The moment shouldn’t ever be too big for him. The striker position might indirectly benefit him, as well.

Redwine tested as the second-best athlete on the team behind Travis Homer. Highest VJ on the team.

I heard he had an outstanding scrimmage. When I saw him, he was playing fast and confident.
Insert Antointo Banderas assassin gif🤝🏽

He got toasted twice in the Orange Bowl against freshmens receivers.

He's a good player, but there is much room for improvement. Hopefully he has truly taken this jump everyone is raving about. Otherwise, I hope the staff doesn't hesitate in throwing Amari/Gurvan/Derrick Smith a heavier workload

You think Amari Carter is anywhere near as fast as Redwine??... Carter can't cover which is why he's being out played by Gurvan. Redwine has plenty range for a safety and for a big cb.

DBs get burned it happens.... Artie Burns got burned by a Wake Forest WR??? But where are they now?

Advertisement
I’ve been very critical. He takes bad angles and doesn’t play physical enough. He is the definition of serviceable.

Terrible analysis from start to finish. You think this team is in a position where we have to start "serviceable" players?

It's gonna be nice to watch some grown man safety play this year.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 25
Advertisement
Back