Sheldrick Redwine - let's talk

He got toasted twice in the Orange Bowl against freshmens receivers.

He's a good player, but there is much room for improvement. Hopefully he has truly taken this jump everyone is raving about. Otherwise, I hope the staff doesn't hesitate in throwing Amari/Gurvan/Derrick Smith a heavier workload
I keep hearing about what an incredible athlete he is, but this isn’t gymnastics tumbling. It’s major football.

Thus far, he hasn’t played football like a super plus athlete. Maybe he’s been a little bogged down in thought, and that’s slowed him down.

I don’t care about him getting run over against FSU. The play that stood out to me the most was Kelly Bryant, who isn’t a super plus athlete, making Redwine look like AJ Highsmith. He’s also appeared a little slow in other game action too.

I’m hoping he puts it all together this year. I’m hopeful for him.

Advertisement
I won't judge him by last year alone as that is probably the first year he has played S in his life. When you are thinking too much you play super slow. You can just tell the times he was over-analyzing certain situations instead of just trusting his eyes and making a play. Him hitting the film room like a maniac will help with that.

That said, Banda said there isn't even anyone competing with him because he has been so impressive. That's all I needed to hear. Isnt that what we want from guys like Redwine, Cager, Malik, MJ, Willis, St Louis, Gauthier, etc? Fans act like they want all this competition but we really don't..We want guys like Redwine and Willis to destroy their competition, take their will, and assert themselves as starters but at the same time teaching the younger guys too... And only our fans would make it seem like what the coaches are saying is BS. If the coaches tell me Redwine has been exceptional all camp..ill take that and run with it.

You think Amari Carter is anywhere near as fast as Redwine??... Carter can't cover which is why he's being out played by Gurvan. Redwine has plenty range for a safety and for a big cb.

DBs get burned it happens.... Artie Burns got burned by a Wake Forest WR??? But where are they now?
**** gurvan took carter's spot

I like Redwine a lot, and expect him to be a lot better due to his experience, physical gains, and film study. All reports say he's really stepping up, so I see a big year for him.

Advertisement
Even though we lost that game, Redwine showed out against Pitt!!

I think alot of people were down on him because he got ran over at Florida State, but that was earlier in the year when he was still in a CB's body, and still a lil green at the position...

It looks like he's taken a step, and with his speed, the skys the limit for him!

I was trying to look past this...thanks.

fl-sp-um-fsu-hurricanes-practice-injuries-ahmmon-richards-sheldrick-redwine-navaughn-donaldson-20171010

Redwine is one of those guys that nobody really respects enough until they're about to graduate, then all of a sudden it's "man, I wish we had him for one more year..."
People here bagged on Jaquan Johnson all the time until they suddenly realized he was playing like an All American.

I don’t think Redwine is that level (Akers trucking him last year was hard to watch) but he’s going to have a good season.

JJ, Redwine, and Carter make a nice group.

Terrible analysis from start to finish. You think this team is in a position where we have to start "serviceable" players?

Agreed I believe he was just missing a few things like getting your head turned around quicker and finding the ball. he was all over WR just couldn't get his body turned quick enough or wasnt looking for the ball, taking bad angles. small errors that are easy to fix and from what im hearing out of camp hes fixed them. im excited to watch what he does this year

Advertisement
Back