She Might Want To Walk This Back A Touch

Advertisement
Take a look at her columns. She might be a sports columnist, but she doesn't seem to be a fan of anything. Almost all of her columns are negative.
Wasn't it her that had to instantly bring up Kobe Bryant's rape accusation before him and his daughter's remains were even scraped off the side of that hill?

The author is so self-righteous, so full of pious moral arrogance, it is nauseating .... although I have to admit I stopped reading at:

“academic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions.”

After that vomitus of unabashed condescension, I couldn’t read any more.
I put a clothespin (remember those??) on my nose and gutted it out.

Wasn't it her that had to instantly bring up Kobe Bryant's rape accusation before him and his daughter's remains were even scraped off the side of that hill?
That wouldn't surprise me.

Advertisement
kingsley shut up GIF

Advertisement
The author is so self-righteous, so full of pious moral arrogance, it is nauseating .... although I have to admit I stopped reading at:

“academic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions.”

After that vomitus of unabashed condescension, I couldn’t read any more.
She has nothing on Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Advertisement
dont forget the sports trainer fondling olympic and student athletes at Michigan State. That has to be up there too, but who knows.
Sure, it's top-twenty but let's not overdo it. If it doesn't involve an assistant to an assistant coach texting a recruit 14 minutes after a quiet period begins, then is it really a problem?

Advertisement
she's an opinion piece writer that deals in hyperbole and disingenuous takes.

As is/does every other opinion piece writer.

And just like every other writer, she is judged on the quality and content of her pieces.

She gets no quarter or excuses for an incredibly arrogant and misinformed piece.

As is/does every other opinion piece writer.

And just like every other writer, she is judged on the quality and content of her pieces.

She gets no quarter or excuses for an incredibly arrogant and misinformed piece.
Of course. My intention wasn't to excuse her for such a piece, but that these things have to be taken for what they are—hot takes that thrive on the elicited reactions. I'm glad that people are calling it out for the BS that it is, but to say people are actively rooting for the virus implicates a certain narrative that I feel is beyond just this hack writer putting out another hack piece of theirs.

I don't know, maybe my disdain for what opinion pieces often are just makes me wonder why they're even given attention past their glaring laziness.

Last edited:
Is there any doubt these people are rooting for the virus?
You bet they are. USYesterday is the most negative rag not just with sports reporting but the "news" side which is mostly opinion pieces that some stringer emailed in to fill their pages. If she wants to gripe why doesn't she go after OSU who has driven the BIG return.

Advertisement
Back