She Might Want To Walk This Back A Touch

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Self righteous much about the initial decision to cancel? They panicked and canceled to early, that was not the right decision. They didnā€™t care more about safety than everyone else.

This is another example of a journalist letting their political bias affect their integrity. Really really poor and dishonest journalism.

Advertisement
The author is so self-righteous, so full of pious moral arrogance, it is nauseating .... although I have to admit I stopped reading at:

ā€œacademic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions.ā€

After that vomitus of unabashed condescension, I couldnā€™t read any more.

The author is so self-righteous, so full of pious moral arrogance, it is nauseating .... although I have to admit I stopped reading at:

ā€œacademic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions.ā€

After that vomitus of unabashed condescension, I couldnā€™t read any more.
Someone tell her the University of Chicago dropped out of the Big 10 in 1946.

Advertisement
I will say, this part is true...

ā€œ...the league flip-flopped so Ohio State can try to win a national title and the league can still make lots of money off the backs of 18-to-22-year-olds in the middle of a pandemic.ā€

Although I would add ā€œ..., after watching the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 conferences commit to a football season...ā€

Last edited:
The darkest day of the conference is returning to play 60 days after the original start to the season on the better side of a pandemic when most states are in a phase of re-opening.

...not the pedophile ring in the middle of Pennsylvania? Not the pedophile / child abuser / rapist in East Lansing? Not the abuse coverups in Columbus? Not the abuse going on in College Park and Bloomington that includes a dead player? Not the institutional racism in Iowa City? Not firing the coach for standing up with his players for civil rights in a state that would have race riots a few years later?

...but going back to play?

Really?

Dare I say this is one of the BEST days the Big10 has seen in a long time?

Advertisement
Take a look at her columns. She might be a sports columnist, but she doesn't seem to be a fan of anything. Almost all of her columns are negative.
She probably thought she would be working in the big city writing articles about where to find the best pumpkin spice latte and safe spaces on campus, instead she's covering football and its toxic masculinity.

She probably thought she would be working in the big city writing articles about where to find the best pumpkin spice latte and safe spaces on campus, instead she's covering football and its toxic masculinity.
You'd think, but she's been doing this a while. She was at the Herald 40 years ago.

Advertisement
Back