Shavar Manuel 247 Update

Advertisement
Long way to go. He may end up at FSU but you never know. Miami just needs to win ball games and the recruits will come.

Advertisement
Didn't read. But FSU

Quit with this.... I'm about to bless yal

l One of the keys to the Hurricanes’ chances with Manuel (6-5, 262) is the relationship he has with his position coach. That was temporarily jeopardized when Jethro Franklin took a job with the Oakland Raiders.

“He didn’t necessarily tell me that he was leaving, I heard it from someone else,” Manuel said. “I was shocked at the time but that’s life sometimes and you got to move on. I spoke to Coach Melvin once and he sounded really excited to talk with me. He wants me to get on campus and keep them in mind as a place I could play.”

Manuel explained that despite the coaching developments, Miami has other factors going for themselves that may be more important.

“Coaching changes are a part of football and I can’t base my decision on that,” Manuel said. “It always happens and it is what it is. Miami still seems like a great place and I was a fan of them coming up. It’s pretty cool that they’re a part of my recruiting process now.”

The Seminoles are the perceived favorite for Manuel with 94% of his Crystal Ball Predictions. However, he didn’t appreciate the rumors that he committed on a visit for their junior day last month.

“Florida State has great facilities and some of the best coaches in the ACC,” Manuel said. “I’ve been there a few times and it’s a good school on a nice campus. I know they want the best for me and I would get taken care of with no worries. A lot of people think I’m going there but I haven’t committed anywhere. I don’t like when they just assume something but I put it in the past.”

Manuel is already loving his decision to join the superpower that is the 2015 Ascenders. IMG has assembled a jaw dropping amount of top talent.

“I wouldn’t say anything motivated me, it was just something I wanted to do for my senior year,” Manuel said. “I like the campus here and all the good players I’m teammates with now. It’s almost like a college team with all the talent at IMG. It’s a brotherhood because we all have so much in common. We have a great schedule lined up and everybody is excited to see what we can do.”

Manuel came in from Blake High in Tampa, where he racked up 164 tackles and 49 sacks in three years. The team hasn’t posted a .500 record in at least ten years though.

“It was real tough to walk away from the chemistry we all had at Blake,” Manuel said. “People that played with me took it really hard when I told them I wasn’t going to be there anymore. I guess that’s part of the deal in making a decision like that.”

Manuel is a five star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 3rd overall in the nation, 1st at his position, and 1st overall in the state of Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some of yall mfs on here have an inferiority complex. Weak a^^

its not that ...Manuel hasn't shown any signs of wanting to come here other then Jrock saying he's open to Miami. That I've seen he has only visited once for the FSU game. No UOV, No Jr.Days ....a few weeks back many IMG players came down and he wasn't one of them. So you saying we have a chance doesn't make it so.

Some of yall mfs on here have an inferiority complex. Weak a^^

its not that ...Manuel hasn't shown any signs of wanting to come here other then Jrock saying he's open to Miami. That I've seen he has only visited once for the FSU game. No UOV, No Jr.Days ....a few weeks back many IMG players came down and he wasn't one of them. So you saying we have a chance doesn't make it so.

He clearly stated in March that he is planing on taking a visit to miami in spring or the summer....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back