Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for digging into those stats because I was about to do the same.

These guys are clout chasers...they write this stuff and have ZERO knowledge about football and UM football in general.

Shaq's dad is posting so they are doing whatever they can to schmoove next to him so they can get a picture, a ticket, inside info, to say they know Shaq's dad...it's insane at how dumb these posters truly are about Miami football and the lengths they will go to just to clout chase.
I'm all for fair criticism of any player. I'm against ignorant and blatant bashing of anyone who wears the U. I'm not accusing anyone of bashing Shaq, but I've tried to remain consistent on that point in regards to all of our guys.

Shaq's dad has been about as fair and honest a critique of his son's play as anyone might expect from the parent of a player. He doesn't gush and guffaw over Shaq, but he's proud of his son--as he should be. He doesn't make excuses, and he's often the first on here to point out mistakes that were made. He provides a ton of insight from a unique stand point, that probably wouldn't carry much weight if people didn't know who he was, but yeah...there are some here who like to kiss up when he's on the boards.

Shaq's a fine player who has not yet played up to his enormous potential, but that is mostly a critique of just how much potential he has that's still left untapped than it is of the quality of his play so far in a Miami uniform. He busts his *** to get better and make the other guys around him better.

Shaq's pop would tell you the same thing.

Advertisement
Yeap...Poor McCloud..he should ask his uncle to post here and they'll stop "trashing" him I guess.
Most of the people who are really trashing guys are simply trying to tear one guy down so they can make "their guy" out to be better than he really is.

Saw it a bunch with McCloud last season. Many people just couldn't understand why he was out there instead of a true freshman Nickel corner.

LC

View attachment 61297

Maybe its because sometimes it just looks to some like Rosier doesn't give a Fack
If were gonna say sense and compare numbers than you got no choice but to take it a lil further. For one maliks numbers werent 31 14 td to int ratio because in that stat his rushing tds were added. Thats apples and oranges though. Minute changes. The real problem comes from youre comparing a qb who chunked that ball downfield all game to a qb who got most of his stats from bubble screens that the reciever got extra yardage on. Mixed in with some quick slants and few go routes. No one can accurately say his most common pass wasnt a bubble screen... no qb we have ever EVER had can you attach that to when looking at his numbers. You wanna look at qbs that have that type of offense (as weve never previously ran it)than look at the missouris,texas techs,hawaiis etc of the cfb world and compare some of theor better qbs... but again maybe im just harsh. Its possible.

If were gonna say sense and compare numbers than you got no choice but to take it a lil further. For one maliks numbers werent 31 14 td to int ratio because in that stat his rushing tds were added. Thats apples and oranges though. Minute changes. The real problem comes from youre comparing a qb who chunked that ball downfield all game to a qb who got most of his stats from bubble screens that the reciever got extra yardage on. Mixed in with some quick slants and few go routes. No one can accurately say his most common pass wasnt a bubble screen... no qb we have ever EVER had can you attach that to when looking at his numbers. You wanna look at qbs that have that type of offense (as weve never previously ran it)than look at the missouris,texas techs,hawaiis etc of the cfb world and compare some of theor better qbs... but again maybe im just harsh. Its possible.

I feel like we've been through this, but I am not arguing that Rosier is a great QB. I'm simply saying, for all the people who love to give Rosier **** for his numbers...he had some pretty good numbers.

He also had some pretty bad numbers, but let's be fair. Rosier was asked to throw a ton of quick screens and bubbles because our running game couldn't be counted on to pick up 4 yards on 1st down. KD stood behind five guys who ended up in the NFL, including our last Rimmington Award winning Center, and an Outland Trophy winner at LT who didn't allow a single sack in his entire college career.

People talk about how we were only fortunate enough to win because of how well our defense played and that they forced 38 turnovers...in 13 games. The 2001 squad forced 45 in 11 games and nobody dares say Dorsey's success was largely due to having 45 extra chances on the season.

I'm just trying to offer some perspective. We all know Rosier isn't very accurate, and we all want him--or someone else--to elevate the level of play from the QB spot.

But let's try to keep everything in perspective.

I'm all for fair criticism of any player. I'm against ignorant and blatant bashing of anyone who wears the U. I'm not accusing anyone of bashing Shaq, but I've tried to remain consistent on that point in regards to all of our guys.

Shaq's dad has been about as fair and honest a critique of his son's play as anyone might expect from the parent of a player. He doesn't gush and guffaw over Shaq, but he's proud of his son--as he should be. He doesn't make excuses, and he's often the first on here to point out mistakes that were made. He provides a ton of insight from a unique stand point, that probably wouldn't carry much weight if people didn't know who he was, but yeah...there are some here who like to kiss up when he's on the boards.

Shaq's a fine player who has not yet played up to his enormous potential, but that is mostly a critique of just how much potential he has that's still left untapped than it is of the quality of his play so far in a Miami uniform. He busts his *** to get better and make the other guys around him better.

Shaq's pop would tell you the same thing.

Exactly....that's all it is!

It's like I said before..the only reason I considered his soph year was average was bc of his amazing freshman year.

Regardless of what his pops says...i think Shaq & Pink get to 100 plus total tackles.

I want them to bc it's the standard for our previous dynamic duos at LB.

Barrow (100 plus) & Smith (126) Junior Year
Barrow (136) & Smith (106) Senior Year
Morgan (139) & Webster (150)
Vilma (133) & DJ (108)

All these duos had 100 total tackles a piece as juniors. This is the standard I want him and Pink both to reach and I believe they can do it.

Advertisement
Interesting thread.

If there is one critique i would place on Shaq, and i would place this on all the LBs to be perfectly honest, is that i would like them to be better in their pass drops and coverage. Sometimes Shaq, as well as, Pinck and McCloud don't get any depth in their pass drops or get to the spot quick enough. This allows that vaunted hook/curl/crossing zone that we don't seem to cover well to come open. I think what's missing from Shaq's resy is the INT and INT returns. When we speak of our greats they were good at undercutting the slants and crossing routes. Think Perryman vs BC, Dan Morgan vs FSU, etc. Those are the only splash plays i think he is missing to be quite honest.

However if that is the worse critique that i have then we've been very fortunate at that position. @UknowWhat has very solid points that don't factor into "splash plays" or stats, but when it comes draft time those same factors will make Shaq climb just about every teams draft board. He's all that you ever want in a football player, teammate, and someone representing your team.

Exactly....that's all it is!

It's like I said before..the only reason I considered his soph year was average was bc of his amazing freshman year.

Regardless of what his pops says...i think Shaq & Pink get to 100 plus total tackles.

I want them to bc it's the standard for our previous dynamic duos at LB.

Barrow (100 plus) & Smith (126) Junior Year
Barrow (136) & Smith (106) Senior Year
Morgan (139) & Webster (150)
Vilma (133) & DJ (108)

All these duos had 100 total tackles a piece as juniors. This is the standard I want him and Pink both to reach and I believe they can do it.
Yeah...I want to get back to the days where LBs lead us in tackles instead of DBs.

But you have to accept that we face a lot more spread teams and see a lot less ground and pound teams. Theoretically, that and the up-tempo pace of these new age offenses should cancel out...theoretically.

You're just talking. His production in total Tackles, TFL, and Sacks all declined in Year 2.

Actually know what our players have done on the field before debating.

If we are going to compare him to Vilma, Barrow, Morgan, Lewis, etc...then his production shouldn't decline by any means.

you think those 4 dudes want to hear that silliness about quality of opponents...they balled out regardless of the opponent/schedule..

Maybe I missed it, did anyone actually compare Shaq to those guys?

Yeah...I want to get back to the days where LBs lead us in tackles instead of DBs.

But you have to accept that we face a lot more spread teams and see a lot less ground and pound teams. Theoretically, that and the up-tempo pace of these new age offenses should cancel out...theoretically.

I believe the DB's lead the team bc of our tenacity to get upfield and cause havoc with the DL.

I think the number of plays being ran in today's game evens out bc there are more plays being ran compared to when our former duos played.

Besides, Ruben Foster, Devin White, Josey Jewell, Roquan Smith, etc racking up 100 total tackles and playing in the same era.

Advertisement
I feel like we've been through this, but I am not arguing that Rosier is a great QB. I'm simply saying, for all the people who love to give Rosier **** for his numbers...he had some pretty good numbers.

He also had some pretty bad numbers, but let's be fair. Rosier was asked to throw a ton of quick screens and bubbles because our running game couldn't be counted on to pick up 4 yards on 1st down. KD stood behind five guys who ended up in the NFL, including our last Rimmington Award winning Center, and an Outland Trophy winner at LT who didn't allow a single sack in his entire college career.

People talk about how we were only fortunate enough to win because of how well our defense played and that they forced 38 turnovers...in 13 games. The 2001 squad forced 45 in 11 games and nobody dares say Dorsey's success was largely due to having 45 extra chances on the season.

I'm just trying to offer some perspective. We all know Rosier isn't very accurate, and we all want him--or someone else--to elevate the level of play from the QB spot.

But let's try to keep everything in perspective.
Far too often weve went through it. Lol but ur right on both counts. Perspective is necessary in all instances. U could say the running game or u could say he had to throw those because of his inadequacies as a passer. Apples & oranges. Good points my g.

I believe the DB's lead the team bc of our tenacity to get upfield and cause havoc with the DL.

I think the number of plays being ran in today's game evens out bc there are more plays being ran compared to when our former duos played.

Besides, Ruben Foster, Devin White, Josey Jewell, Roquan Smith, etc racking up 100 total tackles and playing in the same era.

also playing against way more run 1st teams

Far too often weve went through it. Lol but ur right on both counts. Perspective is necessary in all instances. U could say the running game or u could say he had to throw those because of his inadequacies as a passer. Apples & oranges. Good points my g.
Just so we're clear, Malik Rosier is wholly inadequate for what should be the standard for a passer at UM. I commend the guy for what he has been able to accomplish given his obvious lack of talent. I think the fact that he has been able to maintain the job despite having much more talented guys nipping on his heels--Allison, Perry, and Williams were all highly regarded, consensus 4 star QBs, and Weldon is a high 3 star with a name brand pedigree--is a credit to his ability to drive himself when pressured. And I think in spite of his deficiencies, he had a respectable season that he and the team as a whole can build upon.

Advertisement
I think you might need to get off the boards because you don't appear to have this tough skin you're speaking of if you think I bashed him.
Fact of the matter is I've never crossed a line and bashed him. I coach football just like you do/did and I know what I speak of and I know what the expectations and standard are for a University of Miami 3 year starter at MLB.

If you think a junior LB don't have anything to improve on and people that know the game aren't going to call it out then I don't know if you're built for this.

I went through much worse with posters and my lil bro years ago on Canesport...you have no idea how vicious fans can be....just be lucky that they like you. I've seen it all.
You need to show some respect or consideration or get the **** off this board.

He is not overrated... granted I know my opinion may viewed is bias (understandable), but I'm probably his biggest critic... I agree he hasn't set himself apart as elite (stay tunned/bookmark this post) but he has done an outstanding job thus far. I for one will like to see more impact plays... but will still rather him make a secure tackle for 2 rather than miss with that big hit attempt in the backfield. He was number two in tackles his Freshmen and Sophomore year... The fact that he had the Green Light to audible as a 19 year old in Power5 College Football speaks a lot about who he is... Its obvious he not the fan favored here... most of his critics are here on this sight... but watching Virginia Tech Head Coach talk with him praising his performance for 10 minutes after a game... trumps the criticism I read here... speaking of Trump... he made us look like a bunch of pu$$ies today... a topic for another time and place.... But I think you posted a valid question and hopefully we will find out the real answer during this season...

You are so right about Shaq and many other things re UM football, but i disagree with you entirely on the bolded excerpt. From Day Numero Uno, Shaq has been a fan favorite within the UM community and on this Forum, in great part because of his football play, but also because of his leadership, his demeanor, his words, his actions, his courage and his youth. He came in and said that his and his LB's youth was no excuse to not perform at an elite level. he started and directed the D from day one. He has excelled and far exceeded his expectations. Can he improve and be an All American. Absolutely. This is his year.

Disregard the girls with their periods, they are hysterical.

Last edited:
Fam there is no anger here whatsoever.

Reg is a moron and I'm tired of morons like him coming at me trying to get brownie points from others.

For example: he says our starting QB who just so happens to break the total TD record for a QB......he says that kid that helped us win 10 games played like trash. Really? The kid is breaking Miami football records and won 10 games played like trash according to him?

You see, on this board...that's ok to trash him right? Why? Bc he doesn't have a family member posting on this board?
Normally, I would not take the time to address such ignorance, but since you referenced me, I will take the "when in Rome" type of approach.

First of all, F'uck You,.....is what I would say if I didn't have any decency.

You're a punk *** bytch, is what I would say if I wasn't raised right.

My guess? Your are just searching for someone to say, "job well done" because you reek of insecurity. That's why you had to tell us that you were/are a football coach because no one would have came to that conclusion based on the dumb **** that you constantly spew on this message board. Canesport didn't accept you, so you are embarrassingly and desperately trying to find a home at CIS; hence why you feel the need to attempt to denigrate and insult anyone that disagrees with your stance on any given topic. Responding to some people, sure, but everyone, ...****! That says more about you than them.

I see right through bytch *** maf'uckers like you. Your a fraud, my Man! The sad part, is you know it. However, the good part, is you know it. Now you can correct it.

F'uck you and have a great night.

Disclaimer: All of the statements above are not the viewpoints of CIS poster, Reg! Though true, the statements are only used as an itent to rid society of punk *** bytches!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think people like to forget how many playmakers we actually have and had on defense. That and Diaz subbing our starting linebackers play a big reason in why they don’t have 100 plus tackles. We got playmakers and not one guy is making majority of the plays and it’s spread out. It’s not like LSU where Devin white makes majority of the plays where the dline just read and react. Our dline feast in the backfield and our safeties are pretty active in the box at times as well.

Normally, I would not take the time to address such ignorance, but since referenced me, I will take the when in Rome type of approach.

I referenced you little lady? Really? Are you the same gal that wrote this to me..see below...

Interesting verb usage. I am not in the camp of s'hitting on current players. Nevertheless, to use Malik and Knowles as examples to make your argument, especially when using the verb "trashing" is an interesting call. One can objectively make an argument that Malik and Knowles played like trash last year, especially Knowles. Hence, why trashing, though not my style, can be deemed applicable according to their performances on the field.

I don't see how anyone can objectively say that Shaq has played like trash since his arrival at coral gables. Therefore, "trashing" him is not applicable.

Every player, and coach for that matter, is subject to criticism. However, to say that people should be trashing Shaq because they trashed Malik and Knowles is comical. Then you implied that if those same critics don't trash Shaq, that will make them a "brown noser?" C'mon guy!

LMFAO!!!!! Was I referencing you then? You're nothing but a clout chaser mam. LMFAO@the irony! Little lady I wasn't even responding to you but you responded to me. Why is that mam? Bc you're a clout chasing maggot.

Decency left you when you decided to smoke meth and leave your kids for drug dealers to baby sit but the feeling is mutual mam.

My guess? Your are just searching for someone to say, "job well done" because you reek of insecurity. That's why you had to tell us that you were/are a football coach because no one would have came to that conclusion based on the dumb **** that you constantly spew on this message board.

LMFAO!! This hurts you so deeply and so much bc I am solidified and folks show me that respect that you so desperately crave. Girl listen...you are the only insecure person here. it's always and I mean always the person whose deeply insecure calling others that. You are a prime example of the idiots on this board..I've watched you IDIOTS argue with NFL scouts for a living right here on this board. I am a coach...a GREAT one, an award winning coach at that so I don't need anyone's validation on a message board loser. It's ok little lady...keep sucking dyck...osmosis via c-u-m should help educate you. It's only dumb to former ESE kids that are now ESE adults...like you

Canesport didn't accept you, so you are embarrassingly and desperately trying to find a home at CIS;
LMFAO! You're trying way to hard mam. Way too hard. Everyone know me...I am easily and readily accessible.

hence why you feel the need to attempt to denigrate and insult anyone that disagrees with your stance on any given topic.
Bc most of yall are dumb as a box of rocks and don't deserve thoughtful conjecture. Everyone doesn't get respect...you gotta earn it thot.

Responding to some people, sure, but everyone, ...****! That says more about you than them.
Aww, poor girl..... this bothers you bc so many reply to me and I reply back. Just like a chick...so emotional over things that don't concern you. Go douche your ****** girl.

Disclaimer: All of the statements above are not the viewpoints of CIS poster, Reg! Though true, the statements are only used as an itent to rid society of punk *** bytches!

She refers to himself in the 3rd person....were you in Key West with Robert Marve?

Normally, I would not take the time to address such ignorance, but since you referenced me, I will take the "when in Rome" type of approach.

You're a punk *** bytch, is what I would say if I wasn't raised right.

My guess? Your are just searching for someone to say, "job well done" because you reek of insecurity. That's why you had to tell us that you were/are a football coach because no one would have came to that conclusion based on the dumb **** that you constantly spew on this message board. Canesport didn't accept you, so you are embarrassingly and desperately trying to find a home at CIS; hence why you feel the need to attempt to denigrate and insult anyone that disagrees with your stance on any given topic. Responding to some people, sure, but everyone, ...****! That says more about you than them.

I see right through bytch *** maf'uckers like you. Your a fraud, my Man! The sad part, is you know it. However, the good part, is you know it. Now you can correct it.

F'uck you and have a great night.

You sir are my hero!

Reactions: reg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back