Shaq’s draft stock...

Deejay- 4th round
Romeo- 5th Patriots love guys with his versatility
Shaq- late 5th
Hill-5th
Pinck-6th

Advertisement
Honestly, I have seen no bigger regression this year than our returning “best 3 headed monster at lb in the country.”

Shaq was getting love as a late first/early second round pick in the offseason, if this **** continues how far if at all do you see Shaq or Pinck get drafted?
No idea where you heard first or second round for Shaq before the season. Crazy talk.

Honestly, I have seen no bigger regression this year than our returning “best 3 headed monster at lb in the country.”

Shaq was getting love as a late first/early second round pick in the offseason, if this **** continues how far if at all do you see Shaq or Pinck get drafted?

Seriously....nobody but CIS porsters were thinking he was 1st/2nd round pick......For the NFL(and even college) he is too slow.....out of position....misses tackles........He may be picked 6th round......

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are playing like the did as freshmen, but with less enthusiasm.

In other words theynhavent gotten better and the losing environment has lost them confidence.

Both of these are directly attributable to the abysmal coaching (lack thereof) they received. What we perceive as guys “getting worse” is really just guys not getting better while our expectation for their play, and their playing time increases.

Manny was their position coach. None of them improved. Anybody can make a playbook and teach kids a scheme, its not hard at all. Whats hard is teaching kids to play the game, and Diaz is horrendous at it.

Too often Miami's LBs are not in the right position to make plays. There could be many reasons why that happens

Shaq getting drafted will depend on his pro day performance, combine, and interviews. If scouts realize he's been playing in a stupid gimmick scheme, and can see potential for him in a real scheme, he has a shot at getting drafted.

If Chickillo can play as a 300 pound 3-4 end, lose 50 pounds and test at OLB which he never played and still get drafted, then Shaq has a chance.

Hill is going to go round 3-5. I think He can be a second day pick but we will see. He’s been coming on strong.
That's a extremely positive view on Hill. I think he goes late 6th or later, maybe with a good combine coupled with a strong finish to the season I could see your point.

Advertisement
TBH this is why a lot of kids do leave early....at the end of the day kid cost himself millions more.

He will get drafted but maybe not as high as he would have after last season. It’s a double edged sword.

Taylor Mays has a top 5 draft grade if he came out his junior year...dropped to the second round and this was before they changed the CBA rookie salaries. If you’re thinking about your family that top 5 Money was hitting different back then.

Still made money as a second rounder but not like he was going to in that top 5

Which nfl guy said our talent resembles FIU or whoever? We have a handful of guys who should even be drafted at all. Sad but true

Too often Miami's LBs are not in the right position to make plays. There could be many reasons why that happens
Either They guess too much and jump themselves out of a gap or they just miss too many tackles

Last edited:
Advertisement
I always hoped they would prove worthy but we really should never even mention Denzel Perryman's name in the same thread as our current LB group again.

It's an insult to a kid that balled no matter how ****ty the corching was.

Perryman is one of the few recent Canes who would have fit in just fine during the glory years. Smart and physical with a great motor.

Can't make a play to save his life. Misses too many tackles and reads. Dropped INT with both hands on it in crunch time.

Here's the list and revist it in about 1 year.

Trajan Bandy 3rd rnd. ——— 5th
Deejay Dallas - 4th rnd. —- about right
Michael Pickney - 5th rnd. ——- medically ineligible due to cholesterol and high blood pressure
Shaq Quarterman - 5th rnd. —— UFA
Trevon Hill - 6th rnd. ——— TBD
Jeff Thomas - 6th rnd. ———- UFA
Scott Patchan - UFA
Romeo Finley - UFA

My takes

Advertisement
Back