Shaq’s draft stock...

J_E_F_F

Sophomore
Honestly, I have seen no bigger regression this year than our returning “best 3 headed monster at lb in the country.”

Shaq was getting love as a late first/early second round pick in the offseason, if this **** continues how far if at all do you see Shaq or Pinck get drafted?

Advertisement
Honestly, I have seen no bigger regression this year than our returning “best 3 headed monster at lb in the country.”

Shaq was getting love as a late first/early second round pick in the offseason, if this **** continues how far if at all do you see Shaq or Pinck get drafted?
I don't pay a ton of attention to that but I never believed first or even second round for the linebackers just due to their lack of athleticism. That's before I realized they also aren't instinctual /they regressed every year. I could see at least one of them going undrafted or super late.

Advertisement
Shaq was getting love as a late first/early second round pick in the offseason
You gotta stop listening to CIS opinions about UM players in the draft. There were people saying Willis and M. Jack were top 2 rounds players. Shaq and Pinckney are not day 1/2 players. Bandy had a chance of being a day 2 with a good year, but that ship has sailed for this draft, Garvin could be a top 64 pick if he tests well

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's the list and revist it in about 1 year.

Trajan Bandy 3rd rnd.
Deejay Dallas - 4th rnd.
Michael Pickney - 5th rnd.
Shaq Quarterman - 5th rnd.
Trevon Hill - 6th rnd.
Jeff Thomas - 6th rnd.
Scott Patchan - UFA
Romeo Finley - UFA

Deejay Dallas - 4th rnd. -
Trajan Bandy 5th rnd. - Probably more talented than 5th rnd but not fully developed
Michael Pickney - 7th rnd.
Trevon Hill - UDFA - VT off the field issues / Talent is 6th
Jeff Thomas - UDFA - off the field issues / Talent is 4th
Shaq Quarterman - UDFA - Combine and down senior year
Scott Patchan - UFA
Romeo Finley - UFA

Advertisement
Trajan Bandy 5th rnd. - Probably more talented than 5th rnd but not fully developed
Scott Patchan - UFA
Romeo Finley - UFA
Hate to say it but this seems more realistic

In today's NFL I don't see a guy like Shaq hold much value. He's slow, doesn't cover well, cannot catch, consistently hits the wrong gap, and is a so-so tackler. If he where Herculean strong he might have a spot but I've seen plenty of QB's and RB's drag him around for extra yards. Now, he is very durable and has a great attitude. Yet, that's not worth the NFL price as he would be a liability in my defense.

Scott Patchan - UFA
Romeo Finley - UFA
Hill is going to go round 3-5. I think He can be a second day pick but we will see. He’s been coming on strong. The 2 linebackers get picked no earlier than 5th round and I think Romeo finely should be drafted but since he doesn’t necessarily have a true position that will hurt him. Jeff needed a clean year and production to be a solid day 2 pick. With his inconsistent season on the field and that suspension that’s definitely going to hurt him. He should come back for a senior year but I definitely don’t expect him to or even counting on that. He needs to try and be as productive as he can the rest of the way

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back