Shaq’s draft stock...

You gotta stop listening to CIS opinions about UM players in the draft. There were people saying Willis and M. Jack were top 2 rounds players. Shaq and Pinckney are not day 1/2 players. Bandy had a chance of being a day 2 with a good year, but that ship has sailed for this draft, Garvin could be a top 64 pick if he tests well
Garvin?!? Has he made a single big play all season?

Advertisement
He's been getting pressure at least until the UVA game, he could test well and he has 2 years of ok/good tape. He's the closest thing to hope we have to cracking the top 2 rounds
Hope you aren’t being serious right now

Hope you aren’t being serious right now
I won't waste my time looking for the tweet about the pressures, he's not worth my time. But everything else I said is true, his Fr and Soph tape are good and he looks athletic enough to test well

Advertisement
I won't waste my time looking for the tweet about the pressures, he's not worth my time. But everything else I said is true, his Fr and Soph tape are good and he looks athletic enough to test well
He may test well, sure, but this season has shown that when our opponent isn't focused on slowing down Willis and Joe Jax, Garvin doesn't do too much. And by too much, I really mean anything at all. Dude has been a straight ghost this year.

Honestly, I have seen no bigger regression this year than our returning “best 3 headed monster at lb in the country.”

Shaq was getting love as a late first/early second round pick in the offseason, if this **** continues how far if at all do you see Shaq or Pinck get drafted?
If Shaq or pick were even close rumored to be 1/2 pick they wouldn’t be here anymore

Advertisement
Shaq getting drafted will depend on his pro day performance, combine, and interviews. If scouts realize he's been playing in a stupid gimmick scheme, and can see potential for him in a real scheme, he has a shot at getting drafted.

If Chickillo can play as a 300 pound 3-4 end, lose 50 pounds and test at OLB which he never played and still get drafted, then Shaq has a chance.
When was Chic drafted?

Osborn - 7th round
Quarterman - UDFA
Pinckney - UDFA
Finley - UDFA
Bethel - UDFA
Hill - UDFA
Patchan - UDFA
Kennedy - UDFA
Nnoruka - UDFA
Knowles - UDFA

JUNIORS:

Dallas - 5th round
Bandy - UDFA
Garvin - UDFA
Donaldson - UDFA

Shaq will be another UM player that gets to the league and benefits from NFL level coaching. McCloud, Pickney, Shaq never had the benefit of a dedicated Lbs Coach. Diaz has been the LBs coach the previous 3 season, then you get Baker coaching LBs. They have underperformed but consider the limitations of the coaching they received.

Advertisement
Here's the list and revist it in about 1 year.

Trajan Bandy 3rd rnd.
Deejay Dallas - 4th rnd.
Michael Pickney - 5th rnd.
Shaq Quarterman - 5th rnd.
Trevon Hill - 6th rnd.
Jeff Thomas - 6th rnd.
Scott Patchan - UFA
Romeo Finley - UFA
Think JT4 goes 4-5 because of his quickness and speed. Also Trevon Hill will be a day 2 guy, just watch. Will further highlight how retarded Manny 'da lisp" Diaz is

Shaq will be another UM player that gets to the league and benefits from NFL level coaching. McCloud, Pickney, Shaq never had the benefit of a dedicated Lbs Coach. Diaz has been the LBs coach the previous 3 season, then you get Baker coaching LBs. They have underperformed but consider the limitations of the coaching they received.

the NFL is going to make him more athletic? hes just not the ideal LB in todays offenses

Advertisement
If you are a Junior on this team, then you better stay. The only Senior that I see that would be a good pro is Romeo.

Best guess at this point.

Jon Garvin- 2nd prob. returns for senior year

Trajan Bandy- 4th prob. returns for senior year

Deejay Dallas - 5th

Romeo Finley- 6th looks like a modern NFL LB

Michael Pickney - UFA too slow

Shaq Quarterman - UFA too slow

Trevon Hill - UFA character issues

Jeff Thomas - UFA major character issues

KJ Osborne- UFA probably makes an NFL PS

Pat Bethel- UFA

Scott Patchan - Lol I think he is trying to return for a 6th year because of medical hardship.

Hill, Thomas, DJ, KJ and Finely all could become solid pros.

Advertisement
Back