Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
IF you're a Pete your prayers have been answered

season 2 episode 13 GIF

Advertisement
Some key, relevant excerpts:

“I think coaches sometimes, especially recruiting quarterbacks, they overanalyze things,” Dawson said. “They want everything to be in this pretty little package, where it’s a no-brainer, and that’s just not the case. You got to see something in the kid that kind of triggers you, and to me, it’s all about accuracy. You look at all these quarterbacks that are five-star kids, and they don’t all work out. Typically, the reason they don’t work out is because they’re not accurate. Like you can have a strong arm, and you can be athletic. You can have all these things, but if you can’t throw the football accurately from point A to point B, you’re going to struggle as a quarterback. The fact of the matter is, if you can’t throw the football accurately, you can get all these quarterback gurus you want to help you, it just ain’t happening, brother."

“Your throwing motion has been ingrained into your body since you’ve been throwing rocks as a little kid, and you’re not changing that. You can change it in a drill, but once live action happens, you’re reverting back to what’s natural, and good luck. Stetson was extremely accurate. Mac was unbelievably accurate. They had great releases. I didn’t really care what the package look like around them. I just knew, this kid can throw the football accurately with a great release, and we can build around them. That’s the way I’ve always viewed recruiting the quarterback.”

Interesting outlook and not a good sign for Jacurri Brown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all better love it on this Valentine’s Day!!
ain’t no way it can be worse than last year.

Advertisement
Back