Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
Have you heard of josh gattis?

I’m not saying Dawson sucks but coaches ride coattails all the time…and can fall on their face when they are on their own
I think we are at the point where we can safely say that Josh Gattis was the exception and not the rule.

And even in that instance, before Dawson and Holgorsen made adjustments to the offense, Houston still managed to score a lot of points.

Gattis got his **** kicked in from his own HC multiple times. Far different situation.

Advertisement
Pretty underwhelming waiting essentially since mid December for this to be the guy.

I’m fine with the hire if it was made late December/ early January for a late recruiting push as it was obvious the negative recruiting was killing the close.

Again I’m fine with the scheme and him as a play caller,.,

even if he did, well never get it confirmed.

We have a dude on this board who is crazy close to Houston program, he said Dana never took play calling duties over multiple times in this thread. Can we pin it to the top of this or something? It's probably 10% of the posts in here saying the same stuff over and over. 50 pages will bury some stuff but ****. Need a pop-up or something when you click on the thread title.

Advertisement
We have a dude on this board who is crazy close to Houston program, he said Dana never took play calling duties over multiple times in this thread. Can we pin it to the top of this or something? It's probably 10% of the posts in here saying the same stuff over and over. 50 pages will bury some stuff but ****. Need a pop-up or something when you click on the thread title.
idk If hes good or bad. I never even heard of him until last week. I'll wait and see if hes good with the results on the field.

idk If hes good or bad. I never even heard of him until last week. I'll wait and see if hes good with the results on the field.

As we all will. Many "great hires" have totally flopped. Just as many "terrible hires" have been home runs. All that matters is Saturday in the fall, and we'll all find out together.

However, at this point in February, there are some things we know as fact. Whether or not he'll put up a prolific offense is a question nobody has an answer to, but what offense he'll run is very clearly known. And, at a minimum, Mario is bucking the trend and has hired someone who goes against everything he's done to this point. Meaning, he's not middling in the offense, even though people erroneously said he did in the past. But this is Dawson's offense. Mario's job is to bring him the pieces. Dawson's job is to cook. If nothing else, it'll look markedly different than anything we've seen at Miami, although it'll look closer to Lashlee than what we've traditionally rolled out. I'm here for it. There is space on a football field outside the numbers....I'm interested to see us actually use it.

Advertisement
Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

@RVACane would a mod deleted post still come up in the system?
Yes. To be clear, I’m not jumping in this, I am merely answering the Maude questions. There were no Maude deleted posts of yours in that thread. They would’ve had to double delete and we just don’t do that. There was one deletion as posted and it was unrelated. Whether there’s another post referencing what’s claimed, I don’t know. I didn’t read your 64 posts in that thread or look in other threads for your posts.

Advertisement
hopefully part of the hire reasoning is coach chemistry as well, weren’t those some of the issues that plagued us last year? Nooone connected?

Advertisement
Back