Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Here is a look at the production of the receivers at Dawson’s stops since 2011:

• 2011 West Virginia (inside receivers): Stedman Bailey (72 receptions, 1,279 yards, and 12 touchdowns) and Tavon Austin (101 receptions, 1,186 yards, and eight touchdowns).

• 2012 West Virginia (offensive coordinator/wide receivers): Stedman Bailey (114 receptions, 1,622 yards, and 25 touchdowns) and Tavon Austin (114 receptions, 1,289 yards, 12 touchdowns)

• 2013 West Virginia (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Mario Alford (27 receptions, 552 yards, and two touchdowns) and Kevin White (35 receptions, 507 yards and five touchdowns).

• 2014 West Virginia (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Kevin White (109 receptions, 1,447 yards, and ten touchdowns) and Mario Alford (65 receptions, 945 yards, and 11 touchdowns).

• 2015 Kentucky (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Garrett Johnson (47 receptions, 700 yards, and two touchdowns).

• 2016 Southern Miss (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Allen Staggers (63 receptions, 1,165 yards, and seven touchdowns).

• 2017 Southern Miss (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Korey Robertson (76 receptions, 1,106 yards, and 12 touchdowns).

• 2018 Southern Miss (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Quez Watkins (72 receptions, 889 yards, and nine touchdowns)

• 2019 Houston (tight ends): Marquez Stevenson (52 receptions, 907 yards, and nine touchdowns).

• 2020 Houston (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): COVID YEAR Nathaniel Dell (29 receptions, 428 yards, and three touchdowns).

• 2021 Houston (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Nathaniel Dell (90 receptions, 1,329 yards, and 12 touchdowns).

• 2022 Houston (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks): Nathaniel Dell (109 receptions, 1,398 yards, and 17 touchdowns).

Excluding the 2020 COVID year, the leading receiver in these offenses—over the span of 11 seasons—averaged 75 receptions for 1,044 yards and 11 touchdowns.

This list features nine receivers that topped the 1,000 yard mark in a season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You’ve got the stamina of a Mexican featherweight my man

@k9cane will appreciate that joke
Im Dead Laughing GIF - Im Dead Laughing Hysterically - Discover & Share GIFs

Advertisement
I asked Phoenix (Ari.) Sunnyslope quarterback Luke Moga about the Shannon Dawson hire and his response was, "LETS GO" followed by "Super excited. He's been recruiting me at UH.'" Moga added, “Great coach and he’s super smart. I’ll be back soon.”

Miami has its next offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in Houston's Shannon Dawson. The former Cougars coordinator spent a lot of time recruiting one of Miami's top quarterback targets while with the program and that's Fairburn (Ga.) Langston Hughes' Air Noland. The nation's No. 11 passer loves the hire by Mario Cristobal and Hurricanes. "Man. I knew Coach Cristobal was going to hire a great OC and that’s exactly what he did," Noland told InsideTheU in a message shortly after news broke. "I think Miami offensive will be one of the most explosive offenses in the country."

Houston & Kentucky fans reactions mean zip to me because they aren’t factoring the talent advantage we will have on most Saturdays which they do not have. Mario went the total opposite direction he went the first time around & I applaud him for it. We will be appealing to QB’s & WR’s.

I looked into it more and I can’t find anything on Holgorsen taking playing calling duties back from him.
Might be caused it never happened. Holgorsen gave them to Dawson at the end of 2021 to oversee practice better.

Unsure where this comes from, Dawson could have just realized that his O-Line can't run block and made his team wing it as a consequence.

Advertisement
Houston & Kentucky fans reactions mean zip to me because they aren’t factoring the talent advantage we will have on most Saturdays which they do not have. Mario went the total opposite direction he went the first time around & I applaud him for it. We will be appealing to QB’s & WR’s.
Every UK offense under Poops has been terrible save for the Coen year that was kind of passable.

Advertisement
I hated everyone when I was drinking man. **** I hate myself sometimes on here when I throw out negative crap.

I just hate the unnecessary negative bs like people bashing players who haven't played a snap here and coaches who haven't coached a down.

Advertisement
Back