Serious questions about Randy Shannon...

By choice tho...

Yep. Just like Mario has stayed a positions corch. By choice.
Do actual semi-functioning humans buy this loaf of ****?

It's why Nigerian email scams still exist. Someone has to be gullible enough to take the bait. They walk among us.
Canezum, what's your email address? I'm telling you ahead of time that I'm going to email you as a fake Nigerian prince and ask you to send me money, and I guarantee you I'll get your money.

My aunt actually fell for that. She actually fell in love with some african through email and was sending him all her money. Sad shid in the family history.

But believing Randy shannon was offered a **** DC or HC job over the years is not farfetched. Come the F on

Advertisement
Probably not. Many times when a civil lawsuit is settled the parties will agree not to do business in the future.

Probably not. Many times when a civil lawsuit is settled the parties will agree not to do business in the future.

While I don't think Randy will get offered the DC job here (nor do I want him), a prior agreement can be overridden simply by drafting a new one that is mutually agreed upon by both parties.

Advertisement
Geoff Collins was the one running the defense. If we could hire him, I'd faint.

Says who

DC Geoff Collins: $600,000
OC Doug Nussmeier: $500,000
DL coach Chris Rumph: $415,000
LB/Co-DC Randy Shannon: $400,000

Thanks for giving me salaries. No Idea how that equates to who is play calling, doing in-game adjustments, doing week by week planning, or whose base formations are being ran.

Clappy and Randy won a NC didn't they? Randy would jump at the chance to come back home but I doubt Richt has him in mind.

I recall he commented that UF had much better facilities and a better "brand" than Miami. I wish him no ill, but prefer he stay @ UF.

Advertisement
Geoff Collins was the one running the defense. If we could hire him, I'd faint.

Says who

DC Geoff Collins: $600,000
OC Doug Nussmeier: $500,000
DL coach Chris Rumph: $415,000
LB/Co-DC Randy Shannon: $400,000

Thanks for giving me salaries. No Idea how that equates to who is play calling, doing in-game adjustments, doing week by week planning, or whose base formations are being ran.

The money isn't the only indicator. Has anyone watched UF's defense and their tendencies? They're right in line with what Geoff Collins has preached while they don't match up with what Shannon ever showed consistently. I'd bet that ship's being steered by Collins.

As far as who has benefitted the U more, Fraulden couldn't sniff Radio's jock strap.

Clappy and Randy won a NC didn't they? Randy would jump at the chance to come back home but I doubt Richt has him in mind.

I recall he commented that UF had much better facilities and a better "brand" than Miami. I wish him no ill, but prefer he stay @ UF.

He said better brand not facilities

Did he explain that he is a major reason why UM's brand has tanked? Or did he leave that part out?

just the vision of him standing on our sideline in orange and green is giving me a headache, he is a huge reason we are in the situation we find ourselves in today..stay up there in the swamp land, richt will find someone better.
NO he isn't. Golden is.

Advertisement
man people have short memories on this forum. I don’t want that tool anywhere near this program

We'd get murdered by running QBs. Craig Krenzel made a great D look like swiss cheese, so did anyone who wasn't a statue.

Advertisement
He's been a LBs coach since he got fired here, he is a DC in title only at UF.

Nope. McElwain specifically targeted him to serve as somewhat of a mentor to Collins who is still relatively inexperienced. We kept the same terminology from Muschamp's defense to keep the players from having to learn a new system but the philosophy of the defense is completely different and Randy had a big hand in that. And our linebacking unit has been the best unit on this year's defense despite a ton of injuries and zero depth. We entered the year with 4 scholarship linebackers.

I was a huge, huge fan of Randy when he was here as DC. I thought his system was better than Schiano's, was easier for the players, etc.

But when you go back and watch those games now, and look at the stats, I actually think after 2001 he underachieved a little given the unparalleled talent he had. It's unfathomable that teams could have moved the ball on us at all when you look at the rosters.

Bama had just as much talent at UM on defense and people moved the ball on them but for some reason we still hold Nick Saban and Kirby smart to a high level.

I was a huge, huge fan of Randy when he was here as DC. I thought his system was better than Schiano's, was easier for the players, etc.

But when you go back and watch those games now, and look at the stats, I actually think after 2001 he underachieved a little given the unparalleled talent he had. It's unfathomable that teams could have moved the ball on us at all when you look at the rosters.

That was similar to my first question to my friend. Was he really a great DC, or did he benefit from the incredible amount of raw talent that was on the roster while he was DC? Was he the DC equivalent of Coker as HC?

What great DC did not have talent? I never understood this logic. I have never seen a good defense that did not have talent.

Advertisement
Back