Serious Question(s)

Why don't you ask for clarification then? How can you not agree if you don't "really even understand"?

Now back to the topic. Please note this is all season.

Off the court:

Coach is normally a happy dude. He always looked like someone who genuinely loved his job and teaching basketball to his players. His post game press conferences sound different. Something seems missing. I don't see the passion.

On the court:

I think Coach doesn't look the same on the court/bench. He doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm and excitement. The players don't seem to be motivated and we look worse (since @ VT) game to game. The regression is most concerning.

I think he doesn't have control of this team, I don't think they're fully buying in and as a result, they look lost. We don't seem to have our normal leader on the bench.

-----------------------

I have seen Coach do more with less. Two seasons specifically stand out.

Season #1: I was most impressed with his work during the 2013-14 season.

In terms of talent, I haven't seen a worse roster than in 2013-14. That team had a severe lack of talent. With that said, those kids bought in. Somehow he coached those kids to 7 wins in conference. In addition, we lost 6 conference games by 5 or less points (2 by a point). At no point did those kids give up and as a result, we finished the conference schedule 4-2 (after starting 3-9). He never let down during that season and the drive/passion was evident.

Season #2: Last season. Last year we weren't super talented. Depending on the source (see below), we weren't predicted to finish very high after losing 3 starters from a Sweet-16 roster.

We started conference play 2-4. The season seemed to be done. We then won 8 of our next 12. This included winning 4 of our final 6 (regular season) and two straight against @ UVA and Duke. We also beat UNC that year and all this was during those final 12 games.

Things looked different those years and we weren't super talented. I felt the leadership and passion from Coach. I am not feeling it now and the actual performance, as a result, is clearly suffering.

Source #1: 12th
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2659872-predicting-the-2016-17-acc-college-basketball-standings

Source #2: 8th
https://athlonsports.com/college-ba...7-preview-predictions-and-all-conference-team

Source #3: 9th
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...etball-preview-acc-looks-strongest-conference

Source #4: 5th (but predicted 19 regular season wins?)
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...you-need-to-know-unc-louisville-chasing-duke/

Source #5: 11th
https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...etball-preview-duke-north-carolina-louisville
His depressed demeanor started when the FBI thing came out. I think that just stressed the **** out of him, and when they let him off he'll get back to normal. You should have seen the excitement he had when recruiting Walker. He loves the game. He'll be fine.

Advertisement
He either is incapable or unwilling to change his offense. Why really doesn't matter anymore. I want him stay but he has to change this is not working and it has no chance of real success

His depressed demeanor started when the FBI thing came out. I think that just stressed the **** out of him, and when they let him off he'll get back to normal. You should have seen the excitement he had when recruiting Walker. He loves the game. He'll be fine.

I think that was the catalyst and it is expected. I don’t expect the FBI to issue an apology even thought they will find no wrong.

I hope he bounces back because he is capable of much more.

Last edited:
Arguing with a known troll is a no win situation.

Look at his join date people , come on.

I’m 38 years old. I’m a retired financial analyst. You have problems. Chip on your shoulder. You enjoy conflict. You have problems. You are pitiful. Ignored

Advertisement
Guy was born at the start of the Baby Boom in a NYC borough, not upper crust Manhatten (and that matters to a lot of people of his generation). He has had some breaks go his way and caught the national imagination with some surprising successes. Now, at an age when a lot of guys are retired, he has taken on a huge job with a lot of parochial interests. As if this wasn't bad enough, he has a bunch of Ivy League grad Federal Prosecutors and their FBI compadres (intead of say, following up school shooter leads) going after him with trumped up charges...

Yeah, I would say he is frustrated by his not so unique situation.

PacMan also didn't see anything different with Jim Morris when we went from perennial CWS contenders to losing home regionals and completely missing the NCAA tournament. That's how PacMac (BrianPiccolo) rolls. Miami coaches don't do anything wrong.

Advertisement
As if this wasn't bad enough, he has a bunch of Ivy League grad Federal Prosecutors and their FBI compadres (intead of say, following up school shooter leads) going after him with trumped up charges...

Yeah, I would say he is frustrated by his not so unique situation.

Just what we needed.

A really stupid political angle dropped into a non-political discussion.

PacMan also didn't see anything different with Jim Morris when we went from perennial CWS contenders to losing home regionals and completely missing the NCAA tournament.

This is not true.

This is what Jagr does when he can't come up with an answer for my questions.

This is not true.

This is what Jagr does when he can't come up with an answer for my questions.

All of the threads are still there. You're famous for saying that Jim Morris always went with the same tried and true strategies for success.

Advertisement
All of the threads are still there. You're famous for saying that Jim Morris always went with the same tried and true strategies for success.

And?

What does this have to do with anything?

If you think he recruited differently last year than, say, this year then that's your problem. You've certainly never proven it. In fact you've never even attempted to prove it.

Advertisement
And?

What does this have to do with anything?

If you think he recruited differently last year than, say, this year then that's your problem. You've certainly never proven it. In fact you've never even attempted to prove it.

Exactly. You claim that he hasn't changed, which you just denied two posts ago. Now you claim that he hasn't changed. Thank you for confirming my original post.

No, it's a lie. Which is common for you given how many times you've said silly things that can't be backed up.

Of course, you can't point out which of the two pieces is a lie: (1) that you're BrianPiccolo with yet another screen name, or (2) that you only post to defend Miami coaches.

Its interesting that Mr. Aquinas decided to make a new screen name on the day of our third straight loss. Dude couldn't stand it that people would be questioning Coach L.

Advertisement
Back