Serious Question: name 5 teams that have a better RB core than the Canes

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
We definitely have the best RB core in the ACC, but who else has this kind of talent and depth? Maybe UGA, BAMA and the *s. That's about it I think.

This is the kind of quality and depth we had in 2001.

If Mirabol increases our OL to above average, maybe even good, we are going to monster the ACC on the ground.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We definitely have the best RB core in the ACC, but who else has this kind of talent and depth? Maybe UGA, BAMA and the *s. That's about it I think.

This is the kind of quality and depth we had in 2001.

If Mirabol increases our OL to above average, maybe even good, we are going to monster the ACC on the ground.

RBs dont run alone... they require an OL thats made to run.... We are not even in the top half of the ACC with an OL made to run the ball.

Advertisement
RBs dont run alone... they require an OL thats made to run.... We are not even in the top half of the ACC with an OL made to run the ball.
college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
sad to say but this is a classic CIS thread overrating our own players

if we offered to trade RB rooms w/ Ohio State they would laugh us off the face of the planet based on TreVeyon Henderson alone. the same is true for Texas and Bijan Robinson. our depth looks nice but having that no. 1 stud is more important than anything. you could prob throw Auburn and Tank Bigsby in there to be quite honest. and based on recruiting rankings Ohio State and Texas would look at our collection of 4 stars and say they have the same thing if not better.

Texas A&M has a very productive back in Devin Achane, a top 50 overall player in LJ Johnson behind him and signed a top 100 overall player (Le'Veon Moss) in this cycle to go along w/ Amari Daniels who averaged almost 6 ypc last year.

Clemson has a 5 star back who was productive for them last year and another high 4 star kid behind him, I honestly doubt they'd look upon our RB room w/ much if any jealousy.

i'm not even gonna touch on the idea that our current RBs are anywhere near Portis, McGahee, and Gore

let's actually see some real consistent performance from our backfield and then we can revisit the possibility of this

Chaney is never healthy.
rooster is good.
imcompelte from thad and brown
Parrish nice depth
citizen incoming

Advertisement
theres only 1 football, setting up for 2-3 to transfer out just so they can get playing time and go pro
Nah you need 6 guys at that position - there's only so much of a pounding you can take.

I HATED that Lashlee ran Rooster into the ground last season. Rotate, rotate, rotate - we have the talented depth to do it. Nothing worse as a defence than seeing one talented RB walk off the field and a fresh talented RB run onto it. It's demoralising.

Advertisement
Back