Serious Question about WQAM

#26-MEAST

Junior
Why does the University of Miami's flagship station interview fsu's head coach weekly? Why give them time on the radio in SoFla? I highly doubt our instate rivals are calling Richt for a weekly interview.

Advertisement
Why does the University of Miami's flagship station interview fsu's head coach weekly? Why give them time on the radio in SoFla? I highly doubt our instate rivals are calling Richt for a weekly interview.

Not sure if you live in SoFla or not but this aint Gville, Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Tallahassee, Austin, etc where those teams are the end all, be all 99% of the people who live in those towns either are alumni or they root for the teams...South Fla isnt a college town. In fact you probably have just as many UF, FSU, FIU, FAU fans then you have UM fans. Its about ratings. Sad truth.

Dont be so hard on them. They show UM plenty of love. Joe Rose is a big fan of UM and goes to the games and tailgates with fans as well. Especially for the big games and the opening game.

Not sure if you live in SoFla or not but this aint Gville, Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Tallahassee, Austin, etc where those teams are the end all, be all 99% of the people who live in those towns either are alumni or they root for the teams...South Fla isnt a college town. In fact you probably have just as many UF, FSU, FIU, FAU fans then you have UM fans. Its about ratings. Sad truth.

Dont be so hard on them. They show UM plenty of love. Joe Rose is a big fan of UM and goes to the games and tailgates with fans as well. Especially for the big games and the opening game.

FIU fans

giphy.gif

Advertisement

Because UM has not asked them to stop! UM has never embraced the terms "Football Power" or "Baseball Power" despite their success. ****, UM basically let USF put a **** U on their helmets...the horned U. Hopefully, the views are changing with Frenk....or UM is just modernizing....ex. IPF and such. UM has always focused on academics and academic superstructure. You can do both.........see Duke, where academics are a priority BUT THEY MAKE IT KNOWN THAT THEY ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL! We need to act like a Power to get Power results. A quick phone ends that Jimbo Crap!

So why don't we have a weekly with McTeef, and the coaches of the entire AFC east, there's plenty of Bills, Jets, Patriots fans in Miami as well.
They give our biggest rival a forum to recruit every week, total bullsiht IMO.
And ratings, make me laugh, you really think FSU fans in S. Florida are listening to hear Jimbo every week?

Good question, brother.

It doesn't matter too much anyway. Outside of being irritating, anyway. 8-18 year old kids aren't listening to the radio or radio interviews. The war we need to continue to fight and win happens primarily in the park system.

Our future mayor is a huge Miami Hurricanes fan.

Advertisement

Because UM has not asked them to stop! UM has never embraced the terms "Football Power" or "Baseball Power" despite their success. ****, UM basically let USF put a **** U on their helmets...the horned U. Hopefully, the views are changing with Frenk....or UM is just modernizing....ex. IPF and such. UM has always focused on academics and academic superstructure. You can do both.........see Duke, where academics are a priority BUT THEY MAKE IT KNOWN THAT THEY ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL! We need to act like a Power to get Power results. A quick phone ends that Jimbo Crap!

This may be one of the dumbest, least informed posts on this site that i've ever seen and that's saying quite a bit.

It doesn't matter too much anyway. Outside of being irritating, anyway. 8-18 year old kids aren't listening to the radio or radio interviews. The war we need to continue to fight and win happens primarily in the park system.

Our future mayor is a huge Miami Hurricanes fan.

This. There are a ton of FSU alumni living in South Florida so I don't see what's wrong with catering to the masses.

Advertisement

You're simple minded. Tell me exactly what UM would say in that conversation that would make an independent entity such as WQAM change their programming?

Also tell me what legal authority UM has to prevent a school like USF from using the logo that they have?

Advertisement

You're simple minded. Tell me exactly what UM would say in that conversation that would make an independent entity such as WQAM change their programming?

Also tell me what legal authority UM has to prevent a school like USF from using the logo that they have?

Maybe I'm wrong because I don't live in South Florida, but I thought I heard them call themselves "the flagship University of Miami station" or is that only us that say that? If that is the case they have to have some sort of agreement with the University of Miami that gives them exclusive rights or extra information to be able to say that. If so, the University of Miami has every right to tell them whatever they want and say if it is not to their liking they will look for another station. There are multiple stations that would love exclusives interviews with a coaching staff and breakdowns, it is a huge benefit to both the school and station.

In terms of the logo. The U logo from the University of Miami can be trademarked. If they can prove that another schools logo is too similar and could be mistaken and hurt the Miami brand they have every right to pursue legal action and make them change. I doubt the U from USF constitutes it, but I am not a lawyer.

Are you guys that fucjing clueless to wonder why a sports radio station talks about multiple teams in a market that has fans/alumni in its market? This isn't a communist state controlled radio station with Miami as their Stalin telling them what not to broadcast.

Put your panties back on. I hate fsu but FFS

Advertisement
Back