Senior Bowl Week

Advertisement
Over the last 3 NFL drafts:

2021- Jevon Holland went first off the board at 36 (high 2nd round)

2022 - Kyle Hamilton, Daxton Hill & Lewis Cine all went 1st round, with Jalen Pitre going high 2nd.

2023 - Brian Branch & Jartavius Martin both went in the 2nd round.

I think Kam will probably be somewhere in the 25-40 range, depending on how he does at the combine.
FWIW I think Both cam and James Williams will run better than expected 40 yard dash times if they run.
Both will make a lot of money if they run sub 4.5 especially James. But if he’s runs like a 4.48 or so at 6’5 230 that’s great for him. I can See cam running like a 4.46 40

FWIW I think Both cam and James Williams will run better than expected 40 yard dash times if they run.
Both will make a lot of money if they run sub 4.5 especially James. But if he’s runs like a 4.48 or so at 6’5 230 that’s great for him. I can See cam running like a 4.46 40
I think James finally made it official that he's switching up to backer full time. That tells you plenty about what he's running as well. I've tried to tell yall for years he was wasting his time at safety. He's a great experiment but end of the day he should've been playing backer or edge from day 1.

Advertisement
You make great points.

+ Yes, the safety depth sucked.
+ He was the best SS on the roster.
+ He played well last year enough to make himself a target for the NFL

Now for my counter-points -

+ An NFL-caliber LB (which is what he is) would’ve made the defense better on front 7
+ Him moving to LB when he was initially approached by the new staff would’ve allowed them time to find a replacement in the portal.

To your point about him being an NFL caliber LB, we don't know that. He hasn't played the position. It's popular to say around here, but if you saw him daily, wouldn't you have him play there if he's the real deal?

Guess we'll see. I'd take him on a team as an athlete, no questions asked. After that, we'd figure it out.

To your point about him being an NFL caliber LB, we don't know that. He hasn't played the position. It's popular to say around here, but if you saw him daily, wouldn't you have him play there if he's the real deal?

Guess we'll see. I'd take him on a team as an athlete, no questions asked. After that, we'd figure it out.

He did get invited to the Sr. Bowl and was asked to change positions to his projected NFL spot.

That doesn’t indicate NFL interest to you?

Advertisement
He did get invited to the Sr. Bowl and was asked to change positions to his projected NFL spot.

That doesn’t indicate NFL interest to you?

He's an intriguing prospect. He's going to get interest, but he's a gamble at linebacker. He's a surefire NFL prospect at safety, linebacker, maybe someone takes a crack at him. It's an opportunity to show more versatility, he's already shown what he can do at safety.

The NFL loves freak athletes and it often gets you drafted higher. There's always a few teams that'll value you due to that alone and they think they're good enough to make it work.

I don't think either will crack 4.5, but I hope they surprise me.

Advertisement
Definitely had to protect himself in his money year after a few scares so that’s understandable for sure
soft mentality. That’s been one of our biggest problems in the past 20 years. Too many soft guys taking things easy.

If Kam studied film like he did his first 2 years and took things seriously he would of had much better value.

He packed it in early and it was noticeable.

Advertisement
Kinchens had his moments where he looked plenty fast on blitzes or ints . Same thing with Williams as well

I agree, they're fast. 4.4 anything with real timing though is pretty **** fast. Most fast players aren't 4.4x fast.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Advertisement
Back