Senior Bowl Week

Advertisement
Was that a good rep???

@Memnon @Brooklyndee @gogeta4 @Coach Macho

I am no DB expert so educate me and I am not trying to be negative on Cam but it was a wheel route in which he let the receiver beat him inside vs forcing the receiver to the boundary/sideline. A better throw (especially in a game where he would have no safety help on the inside) and that’s a long completion.
That video is ****. Looks like @Memnon is spot on though in the route which makes his approach very different due to his release. I will say **** route by the reciever and horrible ball placement. But that ain't got nothing to do with Kam. His fundamentals are very solid. He'll do well in the NFL where accountability is more prevalent. His thing has always been he is quick to gamble.

Kam is going to have a lot of CIS disappointed when he gets drafted in the 1st round...
I'm curious if he goes late 1 or early two. My only question comes more from his size than anything else and this not being the greatest of classes for safeties. I'd love for him to go 1. I can see that. Lt & James are a lil more difficult for me.

I'm curious if he goes late 1 or early two. My only question comes more from his size than anything else and this not being the greatest of classes for safeties. I'd love for him to go 1. I can see that. Lt & James are a lil more difficult for me.
5’11 206 is good size for a safety. And like you said this not a strong safety class. That cooper Dejean safety from Iowa is pretty **** good too and can really run.

Advertisement
5’11 206 is good size for a safety. And like you said this not a strong safety class. That cooper Dejean safety from Iowa is pretty **** good too and can really run.
When I say his size I mean how he plays. He plays small. He's not physical at all and safety play for the most part depends on technique and physicality. That's from a free or a strong. But there is enough teams now who play to finesse where it's not a breaking point.

Advertisement
You make great points.

+ Yes, the safety depth sucked.
+ He was the best SS on the roster.
+ He played well last year enough to make himself a target for the NFL

Now for my counter-points -

+ An NFL-caliber LB (which is what he is) would’ve made the defense better on front 7
+ Him moving to LB when he was initially approached by the new staff would’ve allowed them time to find a replacement in the portal.

I agree with both of these points. JW clearly wasn't mentally ready to move until 2023, when he said he was willing to play whatever position Guidry needed him at. He'd probably heard it from a bunch of analysts by then that LB was his natural spot.

At some point in the past year, JW suddenly started taking tackling seriously and became more heat seeking. I just don't think his head was in the game as an LB prior to then. Being the next ST used to be every kid's dream in So FL. Hard to give that up.

Wish him nothing but the best. But he may end up like Shields and be a better pro than he was a college player. Not saying he wasn't good for us, he was. I just think he was out of position and under-coached until Guidry and he realigned on role.

Speed coaches do amazing things when they isolate your training. If he can't run better than a 4.52 he had to have started at **** near a 5 flat.
The position has been devalued so much in the draft it's really hard to project.

When I say his size I mean how he plays. He plays small. He's not physical at all and safety play for the most part depends on technique and physicality. That's from a free or a strong. But there is enough teams now who play to finesse where it's not a breaking point.
I think He has his moments. He freelances a bit but I wouldnt Say he isn’t physical per say

Advertisement
I think He has his moments. He freelances a bit but I wouldnt Say he isn’t physical per say
Simply my opinion brother. For me he's definitely not physical. I understand it though. He's fragile and we preached to him how pivotal he was to our defense. We told him constantly how important his health was. So I understand his play.

Simply my opinion brother. For me he's definitely not physical. I understand it though. He's fragile and we preached to him how pivotal he was to our defense. We told him constantly how important his health was. So I understand his play.
Definitely had to protect himself in his money year after a few scares so that’s understandable for sure

Advertisement
From one of the scouts watching and commenting on what he saw...

1. S Kamren Kinchens, Miami
    Kinchens looked like the best safety on the field in Mobile. It's only one day, but his status as the top-ranked safety in this year's draft class may not come into question.
    He showcased his versatility in man coverage, as a deep safety, or filling the alley in the run game. That versatility on the back end should continue to appear throughout the week.
Thanks. Do you have the link?

What round you see James going in? I can't figure him out.

What round you see James going in? I can't figure him out.
Just depends how he does his pro day. Physical tools he's off the charts. But it's gonna come down to a team being that all in with his tools more than anything else. He showed plenty of film this season and enough in previous years to support his upside. But his film also allows for questions. I'd imagine he'll go late 2nd to mid third. Because at the end of the day he will still be considered a project.

Advertisement
Back