Senat has decommitted

How will Briscoe and Ivery going prep affect our numbers for the 2013 class? Do they have to be EEs to count against the '12 class?

I'm assuming after they go prep the re-commit to us.

Advertisement
How will Briscoe and Ivery going prep affect our numbers for the 2013 class? Do they have to be EEs to count against the '12 class?

If they went prep, they'd probably be here in January. They have to come in then to count as 12.

I don't think its set in stone that they are going prep though.

If they went prep, they'd probably be here in January. They have to come in then to count as 12.

I don't think its set in stone that they are going prep though.

its not

I think Senat is as good as any of the other DTs we are recruiting, plus landing him should help with the Alexander brothers, and its a position of massive need. Automatic take on our part

Advertisement
Bostwick and Bain are better then Senat.

Bostwick is a different player. He's not as thick as Senat and has dreams of playing defensive end (although he has a slow first step).

Bryant is definitely better than Senat though, but its not like Senat is a bad player. Especially if he can bring the other Immokalee kids with him, then extend him an offer.

Sounds like a Plan B/C type this year. That's not a knock on him but we have a great chance to bring in some special talent at DT this recruiting cycle.
I've pretty much stopped following recruiting the last few years b/c of work related time constraints, but what I do know is the way we've recruited DT, and the glaring depth issues we have on this roster, this statement (at least the C part) has to be 100% idiotic.

Sounds like a Plan B/C type this year. That's not a knock on him but we have a great chance to bring in some special talent at DT this recruiting cycle.
I've pretty much stopped following recruiting the last few years b/c of work related time constraints, but what I do know is the way we've recruited DT, and the glaring depth issues we have on this roster, this statement (at least the C part) has to be 100% idiotic.

It's not really to be honest, right now we have three DT's ahead of Senat that the coaches feel are better than him. That's where the Plan B/C thing comes into play.

Bostwick and Bain are better then Senat.

Bostwick is a different player. He's not as thick as Senat and has dreams of playing defensive end (although he has a slow first step).

Bryant is definitely better than Senat though, but its not like Senat is a bad player. Especially if he can bring the other Immokalee kids with him, then extend him an offer.

Bostwick will come in as DE but I think he ends playing DT.

Senat isn't a bad player at all but I think Golden wants Bryant, Bain and Bostwick ahead of him. If this class was a big class we would probally take him.

I dont think Senat brings the Alexander brothers. If you want Mackensie bring his brother Mackenro

Advertisement
I'd take him regardless of who we have in front of him as potential recruits. We are so bad at D-Tackle...I simply wouldn't turn him away.

Bostwick is a 3 tech or a 3-4 D End. Bain is extremely raw and could end up anywhere. Senat I see growing into a nose. I'd say Bryant is a hair or two better now and Bain has the highest upside of any of them, but I just don't see there being much of a gap between these three and Senat no matter how you rank them. He's absolutely worth taking given our DT situation, even in a small class.

Advertisement
I'd take him regardless of who we have in front of him as potential recruits. We are so bad at D-Tackle...I simply wouldn't turn him away.

I am pretty much in the same boat.

I don't understand the logic that people are saying we cant take more than 3. Yeah we have brought in a bunch of DT's the last two years but Smith was JuCo and King and Alexis were desperation moves. We took 3 last year but that barely makes a dent IMO.

Bring them all in. DT is the one position where we have been missing a difference maker going all the way back to Wilfork. Bryant, Bain, Bostwick and Senat is an epic haul at DT and there is a bit of flexibility in there as Senat is also a bull at OG and Bostwick can play some end

I don't understand the logic that people are saying we cant take more than 3. Yeah we have brought in a bunch of DT's the last two years but Smith was JuCo and King and Alexis were desperation moves. We took 3 last year but that barely makes a dent IMO.

I think the only reason some are saying that is cuz of sanctions and limited schollies. I think OL is more important with numbers we really need four or five in this class imo.

Advertisement
you never can take too many d-linemen....bain is very raw but has the most upside...senat is the most most well coached DT in fla outside of UF's caleb brantley

I would agree with you if this was last year when we were taking 33 guys. This year we're probally taking 20. Its not like our only need is DT. We have alot of positions to get. Once you look at the stud players we are in the running for you just take too many DT in this class.

I would agree with you if this was last year when we were taking 33 guys. This year we're probally taking 20. Its not like our only need is DT. We have alot of positions to get. Once you look at the stud players we are in the running for you just take too many DT in this class.

I agree with 20 or so spots, i don't know if we can afford to take more than 3 DTs. Unless they think Bostwick can play DE or maybe both some then maybe take 4

I agree with 20 or so spots, i don't know if we can afford to take more than 3 DTs. Unless they think Bostwick can play DE or maybe both some then maybe take 4

I agree if Golden thinks Bostwick is a DE then I wouldnt mind taking 3 DTs. That's if the # of schollys fits

Advertisement
Back