Senat has decommitted

Advertisement
who cares at this point?

these kids will change their minds 39 times between now and next feb

to even worry about who commits and who decommits at this point is nothing more than mental *********ion

Bakas is in agreement with the general POV of this board FWIW.

He says Senat badly wants to be a Cane but we are set to clean up so he is on the outside looking in. Gonna have to earn it.

Advertisement

He says Senat badly wants to be a Cane but we are set to clean up so he is on the outside looking in. Gonna have to earn it.

From everything I've read, Miami is set to clean up. But even still...why let him commit if you have higher guys on the board? Plus it seems this kid is getting tons of interest from some big schools, so its not lack of talent. Don't you think Golden would be taking a big chance by letting go of a known commitment in favor of possible guys?

From everything I've read, Miami is set to clean up. But even still...why let him commit if you have higher guys on the board? Plus it seems this kid is getting tons of interest from some big schools, so its not lack of talent. Don't you think Golden would be taking a big chance by letting go of a known commitment in favor of possible guys?

I think Senat falls behind K.Bryant(Canes commit), Bostwick, and Bain. Both Bostwick and Bain have Miami really high up there list.

Killa, I think part of it is Miami feels like Senat is pretty similar to a couple of DTs just signed. We really need some bigger bodies in the middle and those are the guys Golden seems to like. He must feel pretty good about Bain, Bryant, Bostwick etc. They also just offered that beast out of Hawaii so Senat definitely looks like a lower priority.

Advertisement

Killa, I think part of it is Miami feels like Senat is pretty similar to a couple of DTs just signed. We really need some bigger bodies in the middle and those are the guys Golden seems to like. He must feel pretty good about Bain, Bryant, Bostwick etc. They also just offered that beast out of Hawaii so Senat definitely looks like a lower priority.

Gotcha. I don't know, I'm just always of the belief that its better to have a commitment than wait on one. Under Meyer we would slow play guys waiting for players on signing day and when they didn't come through, you're ****ed. This past class Muschamp turned away a few LB's waiting on Josh Harvey Clemons, Jordan Jenkins, etc. and when none of them came through we were left short on numbers on signing day. Just not a fan of the waiting game...unless the talent differential is such that you wait on a guy regardless. If it's relatively even take the guy who wants in now.

Too early to be worried about Senat. Ever since we've offered, I've heard rumbles and soft mumblings about his interest elsewhere.

Whatever the reason, the very fact that he committed, and is now changing his mind is indicative that he's a just a bit iffy in maturity.

Either commit, or don't commit early, but siht or get off the pot. Others are waiting their turn.

Are you a Canes fan or a Gators fan. Who gives a **** about Meyer or Muschamp.

They can both **** off for all I care. Fortunately for the first time in a long time there is a lot of talent interested in the U at the DT position.

Senat is also a very good OG......what about coming in our OL. Hes a talent and he could also help bring in the twins

Advertisement

Gotcha. I don't know, I'm just always of the belief that its better to have a commitment than wait on one. Under Meyer we would slow play guys waiting for players on signing day and when they didn't come through, you're ****ed. This past class Muschamp turned away a few LB's waiting on Josh Harvey Clemons, Jordan Jenkins, etc. and when none of them came through we were left short on numbers on signing day. Just not a fan of the waiting game...unless the talent differential is such that you wait on a guy regardless. If it's relatively even take the guy who wants in now.

I think Golden showed a lot of that philosophy last year. He was locking down the class with kids he knew wanted to he Canes and it set him up to put the full court press on guys like McCord, Howard etc.

I am sure the looming sanctions are playing a factor and of course, trying to get everyone qualified. We will see I guess.

You can never have enough DTs. That much is certain. It's a number's game, but if a spot were to open bc of some sort of attrition then this guy would be high on my list to take. He's not only good, but he's from an area this year that's bringing the heat this year in terms of talent.

You can never have enough DTs. That much is certain. It's a number's game, but if a spot were to open bc of some sort of attrition then this guy would be high on my list to take. He's not only good, but he's from an area this year that's bringing the heat this year in terms of talent.
This is a kid who has to come earn a spot at camp. Numbers are lower this year and we have a lot of options at DL.

Advertisement
Agreed. My point was that if a sport were to open and he's at or near the top of the board to fill an open spot, then I would consider taking him strongly. He's from Immokalee, a lot of players this year from that area, and you can't have enough premier Dlinemen. I'm not saying you take him ahead of the other other 3 if those guys are rated higher on Golden's board.

This is one I don't get from coaches. You got this kid in your back yard, a pipeline school, with a stud DB teammate. The kid is practically begging to be a 'Cane from what I've read. I thought those were the kids we wanted. If he were an inch taller he'd be perfect. I say you take this kid's commitment over guys like Bostwick and Bain who are iffy at best on the program. I don't know, I guess I'm in the minority here.

This is one I don't get from coaches. You got this kid in your back yard, a pipeline school, with a stud DB teammate. The kid is practically begging to be a 'Cane from what I've read. I thought those were the kids we wanted. If he were an inch taller he'd be perfect. I say you take this kid's commitment over guys like Bostwick and Bain who are iffy at best on the program. I don't know, I guess I'm in the minority here.

Why take a commit now if you have better prospects above him? Bain and Bostwick are not iffy at best, they have visited many times and Bostwick continues to say Miami is in the lead.

Sounds like a Plan B/C type this year. That's not a knock on him but we have a great chance to bring in some special talent at DT this recruiting cycle.

Advertisement
Back