Semi OT - Ruiz Private Jet

Advertisement
Just out of interest - what could you possibly want a private commercial airliner for?

I mean fair play, if you can afford it... but why?!
Honestly it’s ******* gross to spend that much money flying a few people around and the fuel burn. Whatever.
Lol at gross? It’s his money he can do what he wants

Advertisement
Bro did this guy get the $38B or whatever already? I don’t get how he has this cash until
He does. I get that he’s a successful attorney but he’s throwing $5m already on players and all of these events with 0 ROI - did that money clear?
Good questions that will go over the head of most. I think he has sold some for a pretty good amount, but no facts, just guessing. He sure is throwing around a lot of cash for a guy with no huge settlements.

Advertisement
So he's probably dropping 150 mil or so for this....not too shabby. Just did a 2 sec google comparison.

"Roman Abramovich's Boeing 767-33A ER – 170 million USD

The custom aircraft is even fitted with an anti-missile system. The Boeing 767-33A ER has a maximum speed of 850 km/h and a maximum flight range of 11,090 kilometers, enough to fly from London to Singapore non-stop."
How much can you buy Roman’s former plane at auction?

It is OK to celebrate the freedom that people have in the US to accumulate wealth and in turn to accumulate objects, like planes.
On the other hand it is OK for others to question how people spend their wealth. We all do it and that is part of the freedom of this country. Neither side should be shut down for expressing their opinion or insulted because they hold a different opinion than someone else.

We live in a great country. Make all you can. Criticize all you want. Be respectful.

Advertisement
I’ll just say Elon Musk owns a G650ER, and he’s far richer and I assume has to fly like 50x more for business.

I can’t think of an actually good reason to buy a 767 over a smaller private jet except for you plan on more people traveling in it?
…or just to show off more. It’s certainly more wasteful.

it's all good when Phil Knight does it at Oregon. We got Ruiz doing it here and folks want to question it and complain about it. This is why we can't have nice things at Miami. Some of you folks don't know how to appreciate things.
People can grasp the concept of “Nike=crazy money” but I think it’s hard for people to comprehend how an attorney can be so wealthy. Not realizing these last couple of years were a tremendous opportunity to make generational wealth if you had some capital up front and a lot of balls

Advertisement
I’ll just say Elon Musk owns a G650ER, and he’s far richer and I assume has to fly like 50x more for business.

I can’t think of an actually good reason to buy a 767 over a smaller private jet except for you plan on more people traveling in it?
…or just to show off more. It’s certainly more wasteful.
Just out of interest - what could you possibly want a private commercial airliner for?

I mean fair play, if you can afford it... but why?!

To answer y’all’s question:

Comfort, speed, size, distance and most importantly “because you can”.

Compensating? LOL. ... Whatever, these guys are all egomaniacs. Look at Steve Balmer and all the other guys buying up sports teams. Ruiz is doing the same, just decided he's forge his own path by backing a college team instead. Working so far.

I had a poster in college "he who dies with the most toys wins". I think Ruiz still has that poster in his closet somewhere.

Honestly it’s ******* gross to spend that much money flying a few people around and the fuel burn. Whatever.
If it flies, floats or f**ks, you're better off renting it. Even though Ruiz has immense wealth, in a lot of cases, you are better off not paying for stuff like this. That said, it's his money, do what you do, bro.

Advertisement
Back