Semi OT - Ruiz Private Jet

Advertisement
It is OK to celebrate the freedom that people have in the US to accumulate wealth and in turn to accumulate objects, like planes.
On the other hand it is OK for others to question how people spend their wealth. We all do it and that is part of the freedom of this country. Neither side should be shut down for expressing their opinion or insulted because they hold a different opinion than someone else.

We live in a great country. Make all you can. Criticize all you want. Be respectful.
Naw, no we all dont. In all my adulthood, I have never questioned how someone spends their money, especially if it doesnt effect my livelihood, or family. If anything, someone blowing money on whatever has provided me motivation to go out and get it.

No matter any of our wealth, we all spend money on stupid things or things we dont need. Me, I spend to much on pressure and video games, so who am I to question someone whos wealth I most likely will never touch on how he spends his money?

EF049957-36E8-49C5-A41D-7D750E70D671.jpeg

I’ll just say Elon Musk owns a G650ER, and he’s far richer and I assume has to fly like 50x more for business.

I can’t think of an actually good reason to buy a 767 over a smaller private jet except for you plan on more people traveling in it?
…or just to show off more. It’s certainly more wasteful.
That doesn't mean schit. Plenty of people, who are poorer than others, will have nicer things. Just because Elon doesn't want a 767 doesn't really mean anything. There are plenty of people poorer than Elon that have more expensive cars than him, that doesn't mean those cars are just for showing off.

Advertisement
One would have to be an absolute moron to think that, just because the deal didn't go through yet, that if it doesn't go through he isn't still going to be incredibly wealthy. He pretty much reached the point where he doesn't need to care about how he spends his money, no matter what happens with this deal. The only people watching his pockets are the people that don't understand how to value a company.

That doesn't mean schit. Plenty of people, who are poorer than others, will have nicer things. Just because Elon doesn't want a 767 doesn't really mean anything. There are plenty of people poorer than Elon that have more expensive cars than him, that doesn't mean those cars are just for showing off.
Yes. But the point is it's not efficient or necessary at all. I don't even think they travel much further if at all. The difference is amount of people a 767 can carry, thats pretty much it. Its just plain unnecessary, unless that is a necessity...

a 767 costs like an extra $100M vs that G650...

And year I'd say people that have those more expensive vehicles are exclusively for showing off, so idk what you're talking about with that.

Advertisement
Yes. But the point is it's not efficient or necessary at all. I don't even think they travel much further if at all. The difference is amount of people a 767 can carry, thats pretty much it. Its just plain unnecessary, unless that is a necessity...

a 767 costs like an extra $100M vs that G650...

And year I'd say people that have those more expensive vehicles are exclusively for showing off, so idk what you're talking about with that.
In that case you can say Elons isn't necessary either. He would be fine in a g350.

That is not true. Plenty of those people enjoy the extra comfort or speed or numerous other amenities that those cars provide.

Aight, just b/c I have two clients who r domestic oil tycoons….there’s different levels to this chit.

I’ve had clients who have their own planes & choppers…but those are G3 & G5 levels (which is fa sho balling), but when u have a 747, 757, or a 767 jet as ur own??! That’s different. That’s International Airport vs. a private runway different. That’s Bugatti La Voiture Noire vs. a Ferrari Portofino different.

If he’s a fraud, let me have some of that fraudulence. Lmao. Glad he’s on our side; as long as he ain’t robbing anyone, or scamming anyone w/ some b.s pyramid scheme, I’m good w/ him.

You can get a used 767 cheaper than a new G5, so it’s not the initial capital, but the operating costs on a 767 are much higher. It could also be a lease for all we know, so not sure on cash on hand….but definitely spending like money isn’t an issue.

In that case you can say Elons isn't necessary either. He would be fine in a g350.

That is not true. Plenty of those people enjoy the extra comfort or speed or numerous other amenities that those cars provide.
a g350 can travel like half the distance.

what amenities? Lol We're not talking $100k here. I know Musk had an F1 ($20M today) But regardless he rides around in Teslas cause hes the CEO. Wouldn't be a good look for him to be rocking a Rolls Royce.... Also his vehicles are the fastest...

Advertisement
You can get a used 767 cheaper than a new G5, so it’s not the initial capital, but the operating costs on a 767 are much higher. It could also be a lease for all we know, so not sure on cash on hand….but definitely spending like money isn’t an issue.
You can also get a used G5 for cheaper than a used 767 so I don't see your point.

Yes, but we are talking "need" he can just plan around that. At the end of the day my point is, none of it are really "needs" they choose to buy these things because it makes their lives better. Ruiz can do a lot of things on his 767 that he couldn't do on Elons plane.
....what are those things you can do on a 767 instead of a G650 that don't involve carrying more people? I'd be interested to know.
Travel distance is like factor 1. Their time is worth so much that you don't want to have to stop to refill and ****....

Advertisement
....what are those things you can do on a 767 instead of a G650 that don't involve carrying more people? I'd be interested to know.
Travel distance is like factor 1. Their time is worth so much that you don't want to have to stop to refill and ****....
Of course their time is worth more, but that is not a "need". I mean the 767 is literaly as wide as an actual room, instead of just a tube. So he can basically make a little tiny house inse of the 767. He can give himself an actual reasonably sized bedroom on there while also still having plenty of room for an office etc. He can basically have a moveable house on his 767.

Advertisement
Back