Selected my 2020 season tickets this morning (3 game package) ....

Advertisement
Just got mine too. Did it on a a PC/laptop to avoid any iOS issue like OP stated. Didn’t get my seats but will be sitting in the same seats for all 3 games. Got FSU, Pitt, and UNC. Also like OP, bright side is 2/3 of the 2021 season already paid for with the remaining roll over. It’s a nice hustle because I wanted to get my remaining funds back but you couldn’t purchase tickets without rolling to 2021. I see you Miami. I see you.

Yeah I’ve had that problem before with iOS. I just had forgotten. I have to remember next time to use either my Mac or (company) Windows laptop.

I remember the last time I had this issue was when I was buying the Florida tickets for last year‘s opening game in Orlando.

The three game selection for this season, I also didn’t actually “buy” them, they just use the money I had already paid, I still have plenty of money left for next year in my account.

I “selected the three games” would’ve probably been a better title...Just thought most people, especially season ticket holders, would know what I was talking about

Yeah, just a bit of confusion on my part. I'm in a similar situation with my MLS season tickets, which are also due to auto-renew. I've been doing the 12-month plan with UM for a few years, so I just get confused as to when the credit card charges switch from "this year" to "next year".

Not to be critical in any way, just a clarification...your subject line says "bought season tickets", but you are actually talking about the 3-game selection for 2020, not the 2021 season tickets, right?
Wait, there are two of you? Thought you guys were one in the same.

Got mine. FSU, Pitt, Virginia. The only problem I had was getting a single seat. They would not break up pairs or larger of available blocs of seats. Finally got a work around by selecting seats by price, instead of seats by location. Seats are all same number, row different for 1 game and all seats in same section.

Advertisement
Got mine. FSU, Pitt, Virginia. The only problem I had was getting a single seat. They would not break up pairs or larger of available blocs of seats. Finally got a work around by selecting seats by price, instead of seats by location. Seats are all same number, row different for 1 game and all seats in same section.

I’m sitting on the same side, same section, for 2 games but just got a different section (same side) for one of the games (UNC)

As a ticketing professional in the business, I highly suggest that you use Google Chrome browser to do this. Typically, that is the best browser to use for any ticketing software.

Had my buddy buy me tickets for FSU, UVA, and UNC yesterday since he had a better time than I did. Got mostly what we wanted, had to split up 4 as 2 and 2 in the club level for two of the games. My selection time was 9AM this morning so I bought the remaining 3 games for my wife and I and got seats in my normal section for UAB PIT and GT. Parking was $15 for UAB $20 for ACC games excluding FSU which was $40 (orange pass for all). There are more options for parking but with no tailgating and the lot only open 2 hours prior, I went Orange for all season. Pretty seamless process for both my friend and I. Going to be a weird year but I never thought I'd be able to get tickets in my section and be able to attend all six games.

Looking forward to seeing you maniacs out there this year. GO CANES!

Advertisement
That wasn't too terrible. I went on this morning, got tix for F$U, GaTech, and UNC. Same section where I normally sit, but about 10 rows behind where my season tix are. Same seats for all 3 games.

Had my buddy buy me tickets for FSU, UVA, and UNC yesterday since he had a better time than I did. Got mostly what we wanted, had to split up 4 as 2 and 2 in the club level for two of the games. My selection time was 9AM this morning so I bought the remaining 3 games for my wife and I and got seats in my normal section for UAB PIT and GT. Parking was $15 for UAB $20 for ACC games excluding FSU which was $40 (orange pass for all). There are more options for parking but with no tailgating and the lot only open 2 hours prior, I went Orange for all season. Pretty seamless process for both my friend and I. Going to be a weird year but I never thought I'd be able to get tickets in my section and be able to attend all six games.

Looking forward to seeing you maniacs out there this year. GO CANES!

Yeah, with no tailgating and the lots opening 2 hours before kickoff, I'm going to use my SunPass to park in Yellow. I normally have 2 spots, and I can usually sell 1 at a profit, but I highly doubt that this year. Ah, ***** it, I went back and bought Orange for all 3 games.

Yea, parking goes from around $15 - 90, depending on the game, etc.

but I have to say, I don’t think it makes any difference where you park, with capacity about 75 to 80% lower, and no tailgating, I think you pretty much can park anywhere and have an easy walk.

anyone know when public sale is gonna drop to scoop the other three games? haven't seen any emails about it...

Advertisement
Yea, parking goes from around $15 - 90, depending on the game, etc.

but I have to say, I don’t think it makes any difference where you park, with capacity about 75 to 80% lower, and no tailgating, I think you pretty much can park anywhere and have an easy walk.

Yeah, I really had a problem with them applying different prices on the parking. Think about it this way, the capacity is the same for every game, there is no tailgating, and the parking only opens 2 hours before game time. So there is NO REASON to charge more for the F$U game. Zero. Zilch.

Every time a few quiet months pass, I find a new reason to hate Beta Blake James. This parking scheme has his name all over it.

Got my FSU tickets. Got what I wanted. Not in my usual section but lower bowl so I’m happy. Do you guys really think they’ll sell out those blocks of 5-6 tickets? I only have 2 seats so those were off limits to me. Wonder if they’ll divide those up. If so I’ll probably pick up UNC tickets as well.

Yeah, I really had a problem with them applying different prices on the parking. Think about it this way, the capacity is the same for every game, there is no tailgating, and the parking only opens 2 hours before game time. So there is NO REASON to charge more for the F$U game. Zero. Zilch.

Every time a few quiet months pass, I find a new reason to hate Beta Blake James. This parking scheme has his name all over it.

Yeah the parking for FSU is insanely high, at the same time you won’t find anybody more anti-Blake than me, but I seriously doubt that it might be any different with any other A.D.

They’ve got to generate revenue. Just law of supply and demand. Even at those insanely inflated prices, they’ll probably sell every single parking pass. Doesn’t bother me as much, because I know we don’t generate the type of revenue the SEC schools generate, so Miami has to scratch and claw every penny it can.

Advertisement
Yeah the parking for FSU is insanely high, at the same time you won’t find anybody more anti-Blake than me, but I seriously doubt that it might be any different with any other A.D.

They’ve got to generate revenue. Just law of supply and demand. Even at those insanely inflated prices, they’ll probably sell every single parking pass. Doesn’t bother me as much, because I know we don’t generate the type of revenue the SEC schools generate, so Miami has to scratch and claw every penny it can.

Again, it is the principle of the thing.

I understand the issue with tickets, and I didn't say a thing. Ticket availability is an issue mandated by social distancing rules. We will be in the stadium for 4 hours or more.

But parking...how many parking spaces do we think will be sold for 13,000 fans? 5,500? Particularly when the tickets were skewing to block-purchases.

Looking at the map, that's probably 500 Maroon, 1,000 Blue, 2,000 Orange, 2,000 Yellow/other.

Maroon - $50 extra, an additional $25K
Blue - $45 extra, an additional $45K
Orange - $20 extra, an additional $40K

And that's if you sell out all those parking levels to season ticket holders. I can't address Yellow/other on pricing, I can only point out what the price increase is for Maroon/Blue/Orange. So they are going to gouge us for one game to make an extra $110K.

Look, we can justify it with "scratch and claw every penny", but it's still ridiculous. There is, literally, no logical reason to price-ration parking for F$U (though I can understand it for stadium seats).

I understand the issue with tickets, and I didn't say a thing. Ticket availability is an issue mandated by social distancing rules. We will be in the stadium for 4 hours or more.

But parking...how many parking spaces do we think will be sold for 13,000 fans? 5,500? Particularly when the tickets were skewing to block-purchases.

Looking at the map, that's probably 500 Maroon, 1,000 Blue, 2,000 Orange, 2,000 Yellow/other.

And that's if you sell out all those parking levels to season ticket holders. I can't address Yellow/other on pricing, I can only point out what the price increase is for Maroon/Blue/Orange. So they are going to gouge us for one game to make an extra $110K.

Look, we can justify it with "scratch and claw every penny", but it's still ridiculous. There is, literally, no logical reason to price-ration parking for F$U (though I can understand it for stadium seats).
The only way to know for sure is to look at the actual data, fixed costs, total parking spot sales, inflows and outflows, all the financial data.

I just lean towards thinking that even though flake is a horrible A.D., that this might not necessarily be the worst pricing strategy ever, from a revenue perspective.

The pricing strategy that’s the best, is the one that generates the most income per game for parking. That’s the bottom line. Neither you nor I have enough information to make a determination whether monetarily speaking that is a bad policy.

We don’t have to like it, I certainly don’t have to like it, I have relatives that have to get the most expensive parking because they’re not in the best of health, but they have no choice. So it’s not pleasant, it’s not palatable, but we don’t know if it is or it isn’t revenue efficient. I have a tendency to think it probably is, but without hard data I can only guess to be honest.

Supply and demand. Games that mean more to the fans will allow them to raise ticket prices especially knowing they are going to sell them out. Same reason the FSU game is the most expensive ticket and UAB is the cheapest.

You are also completely fabricating all your numbers.

Advertisement
Back