Selected my 2020 season tickets this morning (3 game package) ....

The Dolphins are doing the same thing.

Fair enough. Still needs to be communicated before you arrive at the gate.

Parking opens 2 hours early and you can't tailgate. Rep said that they will have security there as we park to check masks. Then you have to go straight to the stadium, and there certainly won't be big crowds. How long does it take to get from your car in Orange/Green to the gate? Five minutes?

At least if you know in advance, maybe you time your stadium arrival later so that you aren't standing around at the gate waiting for your window.

It is, once again, poor planning and poor communication. From an AD who was a "ticket guy" and should know better.

Advertisement
Fair enough. Still needs to be communicated before you arrive at the gate.

Parking opens 2 hours early and you can't tailgate. Rep said that they will have security there as we park to check masks. Then you have to go straight to the stadium, and there certainly won't be big crowds. How long does it take to get from your car in Orange/Green to the gate? Five minutes?

At least if you know in advance, maybe you time your stadium arrival later so that you aren't standing around at the gate waiting for your window.

It is, once again, poor planning and poor communication. From an AD who was a "ticket guy" and should know better.
For UAB, game started at 8. You had three choices of when you wanted to enter. Prior to 7:10, during your 10 min window (10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50). Or any time after 7:50.

they did not enforce this when I came in fifteen minutes after my window. FSU could be different

For UAB, game started at 8. You had three choices of when you wanted to enter. Prior to 7:10, during your 10 min window (10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50). Or any time after 7:50.

they did not enforce this when I came in fifteen minutes after my window. FSU could be different

Yeah, I understand that. Not everything I'm saying is a straight-criticism of Blake, I'm just wondering how they are going to work it. I was concerned because of the emphasis the ticket rep gave to me about the time window for the FSU game. And for the love of god, it's only 13,000 total people. If it wasn't an issue for a game with 8,500 in attendance, how much worse could it possibly be with 4,500 more people (if that, I don't think it's a sellout yet).

Also, if you are late, what can they do? They won't stop you from getting into the game.

The whole thing just seems silly. You have a short window to park, you have a tiny window to enter, there's only 13,000 people max, they're not doing a good job of communicating the issues (not to mention the concessions app), etc.

PS, on your point about three choices, was that on the signs at the gates? Because that's not what my tickets say. My tickets only give a 10 minute interval.

Yeah, I understand that. Not everything I'm saying is a straight-criticism of Blake, I'm just wondering how they are going to work it. I was concerned because of the emphasis the ticket rep gave to me about the time window for the FSU game. And for the love of god, it's only 13,000 total people. If it wasn't an issue for a game with 8,500 in attendance, how much worse could it possibly be with 4,500 more people (if that, I don't think it's a sellout yet).

Also, if you are late, what can they do? They won't stop you from getting into the game.

The whole thing just seems silly. You have a short window to park, you have a tiny window to enter, there's only 13,000 people max, they're not doing a good job of communicating the issues (not to mention the concessions app), etc.

PS, on your point about three choices, was that on the signs at the gates? Because that's not what my tickets say. My tickets only give a 10 minute interval.
There are less than 500 tickets left as of Tuesday. As I previously mentioned, you can enter any time after ten minutes prior to the game. For UAB this was 7:50. They will send out an email communicating this next week just like they did before the UAB game and likely explain this to the people that have purchased tickets to the game.

There are less than 500 tickets left as of Tuesday. As I previously mentioned, you can enter any time after ten minutes prior to the game. For UAB this was 7:50. They will send out an email communicating this next week just like they did before the UAB game and likely explain this to the people that have purchased tickets to the game.

Again, this cycles right back to the incompetence of Blake when it comes to communication.

I'll be very clear. I'm active on the UM Alumni Association. We have had massive problems with e-mails from UM going into spam filters. This concept that the Athletic Department can just send out e-mail after e-mail after e-mail is just ridiculous. And the phone calls are a separate issue. Why make phone calls if you are going to send out an e-mail afterwards? It's just an enormous clusterfvck.

I bought tickets and parking for 3 games. Rather than send me one e-mail, I got 6 separate e-mails. Even so, any of those e-mails would have provided the perfect opportunity to communicate what the (apparent) Hard Rock Stadium policy is. That policy was not created this week.

And, as I've pointed out, most people have no idea what the concession policy is supposed to be (regardless of whether the system fails and the concession areas allow people to pay with cash).

This entire rollout has been incompetent.

But, sure, some people are going to come on here and tell us how Blake is doing the best job he can under difficult circumstances. But we have seen the incompetence every year, even when there is no Covid.

Whatever. Someday we will hire a competent AD and people will realize how bad we've had things.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back