Seider as Co-OC

My p
Just because i like playing Devil's advocate at times - Jamarcus Russell was the #1 overall pick after playing QB at LSU. Is he qualified to be a QB coach? Was Jon Richt? Vince Young? Being good at one is not indicative of being good at the other.

That said, it seems like Seider is a good coach. His units have had success wherever he has been.....and he's an absolute monster on the recruiting trail. I would love him to be on Miami's staff. BUT....it does make you pause for a minute why other schools haven't given him his shot at QB coach or OC yet. He's usually RB coach.

My point is he played the position Coached the position and several other positions in his coaching career at what point does one have the right to be the QB Coach considering he played it coached it was drafted and coached it in College.. ??

Advertisement
My p

My point is he played the position Coached the position and several other positions in his coaching career at what point does one have the right to be the QB Coach considering he played it coached it was drafted and coached it in College.. ??

He didn't coach QB in college or several other positions. Only RB. His only QB/OC experience was HS.

Dont be shocked if Seider comes on board as a Co-OC as some sort. This is what he is looking for that will get him to leave State College. Also he wants to either coach the QB's or RBs as that is where he has seen his most success in coaching.

Also I wouldnt be shocked if Franklin gives him the title to get him to stay consider most of the offensive recruits that signed with Penn State are Seider recruits.

No more Co-OC’s.

We need an X’s and O’s guru, not a recruiter.

Advertisement
Yes but if major is hired, manny ain’t offering a coOC to anyone lol

Well he definitely should...Again it's just a title and a position in training. Seider (or someone with an equal amount of Sofla juice FINALLY) is almost as important hire as the OC, with the way we got destroyed this year in tai-county recruiting.

Well he definitely should...Again it's just a title and a position in training. Seider (or someone with an equal amount of Sofla juice FINALLY) is almost as important hire as the OC, with the way we got destroyed this year in tai-county recruiting.

I guess the title stuff is possible but from what I've read, Seider is looking for more than a title. Reading b/w the lines, he is on the OC trajectory which means it will take more than a title change (rather, a job change) to lure him away from a place that he likes and his kid is enrolled at. Will be a tough pull.

Advertisement
I guess the title stuff is possible but from what I've read, Seider is looking for more than a title. Reading b/w the lines, he is on the OC trajectory which means it will take more than a title change (rather, a job change) to lure him away from a place that he likes and his kid is enrolled at. Will be a tough pull.

Gotcha. He better be ready to accept an OC job somewhere small first I'd think. And also with that "title" comes a lot of game prep responsibilities that will help him, and then maybe he replaces the OC in 2 years (Applewhite, whoever)

As important as I think he is for UM, I'm kinda accepting he's a pipe dream.

I’m surprised lane kiffin isn’t all over this guy because of his wife. Homie got a unicorn 🦄

I would find a way to bring Ken Dorsey to the staff. Groom him to be the future OC as if it is Applewhite, I don’t see him staying at UM beyond 2, maybe 3 years. Plus, Dorsey is originally from Cali. Have to find a connection back to the West Coast for a QB. The Florida ones definitely aren’t working.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back