Seider as Co-OC

So a guy that played QB at West Virginia and FAMU (GulfCoast 60 pnts per game) in college isnt qualified to be QB Coach read someone said he's just a recruiter.. :oops:

Advertisement
**** I could coach running backs..

"Drive your feet!"
"Hit the hole hard!"
"Follow your blockers!"

'nuff said.

Seider needs all that time to croot.

Dont be shocked if Seider comes on board as a Co-OC as some sort. This is what he is looking for that will get him to leave State College. Also he wants to either coach the QB's or RBs as that is where he has seen his most success in coaching.

Also I wouldnt be shocked if Franklin gives him the title to get him to stay consider most of the offensive recruits that signed with Penn State are Seider recruits.

Seider ain't comin'. He's not willing to take the risk of leaving stability for the unknown. His words, not mine.

Irvin is the name many from within are pushing for.

We'll see.

Advertisement
As much as it would suck not to land Seider, it would be an entirely different level of letdown if we settle for Sedrick Irvin of all people when we desperately need proven stud recruiters to fill out this staff.

This is Irvin's resume...

- Hasn't ever coached in the Power 5.
- Was only an intern under Saban at Bama from 2008-2009.
- Has coached at the high school level from 2011-2015 and 2017-present.
- Served as RB coach at East Carolina for one year in 2016.

This would be just as bad a hire, if not worse, than when Golden added Ice Harris to his staff. We have to do better than that.

As much as it would suck not to land Seider, it would be an entirely different level of letdown if we settle for Sedrick Irvin of all people when we desperately need proven stud recruiters to fill out this staff.

I have never understood Miami's incessant need to hire local HS coaches for D1 positions. It clearly isn't helping with recruiting and doesn't appear to be helping smooth over perceptions (right or wrong) that certain schools have of the UM program. Hire some **** qualified coaches and the results will speak for themselves.

Advertisement
Seider ain't comin'. He's not willing to take the risk of leaving stability for the unknown. His words, not mine.

Irvin is the name many from within are pushing for.

We'll see.
Not that hard to figure out who the “many from within” are. Why do we always have guys who are always trying to get their boys put on? Can’t imagine many people besides the support staff made up of South Florida guys even know who Irvin is. You could throw a rock at that coaches convention and hit more qualified candidates.

Advertisement
So a guy that played QB at West Virginia and FAMU (GulfCoast 60 pnts per game) in college isnt qualified to be QB Coach read someone said he's just a recruiter.. :oops:

Just because i like playing Devil's advocate at times - Jamarcus Russell was the #1 overall pick after playing QB at LSU. Is he qualified to be a QB coach? Was Jon Richt? Vince Young? Being good at one is not indicative of being good at the other.

That said, it seems like Seider is a good coach. His units have had success wherever he has been.....and he's an absolute monster on the recruiting trail. I would love him to be on Miami's staff. BUT....it does make you pause for a minute why other schools haven't given him his shot at QB coach or OC yet. He's usually RB coach.

A former HC isn't taking a Co-OC with a guy who has never called plays before.

I feel the same. Why would a former HC and OC need a guy to have Co-OC title and help him when he's probably coming here with the understanding that it will be his show for the most part? To me, it's not an ego thing. I just don't like Co-coordinators bc i prefer to have 1 voice, 1 vision. The players know who to listen to.

If a guy is labeled run-game coordinator or pass-game coordinator meaning they do a lot of film work and help to gameplan each week based on weaknesses they see on tape, fine. But 1 guy should be running the show.....coordinating practices his way and calling plays on saturday.

I feel the same. Why would a former HC and OC need a guy to have Co-OC title and help him when he's probably coming here with the understanding that it will be his show for the most part? To me, it's not an ego thing. I just don't like Co-coordinators bc i prefer to have 1 voice, 1 vision. The players know who to listen to.

If a guy is labeled run-game coordinator or pass-game coordinator meaning they do a lot of film work and help to gameplan each week based on weaknesses they see on tape, fine. But 1 guy should be running the show.....coordinating practices his way and calling plays on saturday.

Regardless of anyone else’s title, it’ll be Applewhites show (or whoever the OC is). If it takes a fancy title to get him here, then so be it but he won’t have any influence in what the OC does.

Advertisement
Ja'JUAN SIEDER's son is going to be scout QB at PSU. So he can do the same at UM, the kid has been through a lot.

We are getting raped on the trail...And it's getting way too bad. There are only a handful of Sofla type recruiting mercenaries that I'd do this for. As long as he isn't calling plays, by all means do it. Plus he's worked under some good coaches and coached both QB and RB for a while now, he could def be an aid in a game planning capacity.
Exactly. We need this guy for recruiting purposes. He can be rb coach/co OC. As long as Major calls plays he can have whatever title he wants.

Advertisement
Back