Seems Holley (DT) is gone

C'mon man. You know me better than that.

"Exclusive to the U"? Absolutely not. Do we have a history of making bad evaluations, taking kids we shouldn't, and ending up with a depleted roster due do washouts and transfers at a higher rate than successful programs? Absolutely. The reason we can't seem to fill the roster isn't because we have less of a problem with this than Clemson and Baga and O$U, it's because we have it happen to us at a higher rate.

And the argument that it's got nothing to do with the coaches and they shouldn't have any accountability for these sorts of issues is moot at the end of the day anyway. It's not like we get compensatory added scholarships or initial counters when guys wash out. These sorts of things damage the program and damage our chances for success, no matter which way you look at it. That's simply not debatable. You simply can't throw away 5+ scholarships every cycle on busts and expect to compete. It's that simple if one takes off the colored glasses.

Dude you say things with such authority it is almost believable, even though you don’t do a second of research before posting your hair on fire hot takes about how bad things are.

What if I told you Alabama has lost ELEVEN players, nearly half of recruiting class and far more than us to the portal in the last EIGHT MONTHS alone. Before that the two jewels of their defensive class just plain went awol

How are those optics?

Honestly and respectfully, you need to calm down man. It’s the same things on every thread.

Last edited:
Advertisement
C'mon man. You know me better than that.

"Exclusive to the U"? Absolutely not. Do we have a history of making bad evaluations, taking kids we shouldn't, and ending up with a depleted roster due do washouts and transfers at a higher rate than successful programs? Absolutely. The reason we can't seem to fill the roster isn't because we have less of a problem with this than Clemson and Baga and O$U, it's because we have it happen to us at a higher rate.

And the argument that it's got nothing to do with the coaches and they shouldn't have any accountability for these sorts of issues is moot at the end of the day anyway. It's not like we get compensatory added scholarships or initial counters when guys wash out. These sorts of things damage the program and damage our chances for success, no matter which way you look at it. That's simply not debatable. You simply can't throw away 5+ scholarships every cycle on busts and expect to compete. It's that simple if one takes off the colored glasses.
BTW, I’m glad to see you participating again.

And how tf do the coaches and support staff let that happen to a talented prospect? Letting kids fail out is a failure of the program and a black eye for recruiting.

If you refuse to do the work, or show up to class, that's on you. Do you realize how easy it is to maintain a C average with some of the majors these guys pick? You have to actively not give a **** in order to flunk out. I don't get how it's on the school for a kid flunking out, especially when everyone else isn't. Miami CONSISTENTLY has a high APR, which means that the academic support services provided are **** good and the school is doing a good job of identifying kids that can survive academically.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Too many of our fans have no **** idea what they are talking about when it comes to the University.

Advertisement
The same idiots who defended him for dancing when losing to FIU are now ****ting on him in here? You guys go whatever way the wind blows.

This post has zero value. This type of post only serves to bait someone into picking a fight. Please dont do this.

Sincerely,

One of the dudes trying to make this place a more enjoyable place to be.

Im curious as to the process for Cam Harris transferring. Please correct my understanding here if Im incorrect or missing something.

* Cam Harris is an upper-classman, so transferring to a juco is not an option.
* Cam Harris was ruled academically ineligible, which is based on the NCAA minimum standard.
* If the statement above is correct then Cam Harris cannot play at any D1 program (FBS or FCS) until his GPA is where it needs to be.
* If both of the statements above are correct, where can Cam Harris transfer to and still be eligible? Im thinking nowhere.

If my understanding is correct, would it not be best for Cam Harris to stay at UM and work to get his grades up to the point where he can be academically eligible?

Advertisement
Im curious as to the process for Cam Harris transferring. Please correct my understanding here if Im incorrect or missing something.

* Cam Harris was ruled academically ineligible, which is based on the NCAA minimum standard.
* If the statement above is correct then Cam Harris cannot play at any D1 program (FBS or FCS) until his GPA is where it needs to be.
* If both of the statements above are correct, where can Cam Harris transfer to and still be eligible? Im thinking nowhere.

If my understanding is correct, would it not be best for Cam Harris to stay at UM and work to get his grades up to the point where he can be academically eligible?
Wait, isn't it Cam Williams ?

LSU is under investigation for not properly handling sexual assault allegations. They had to replace multiple defensive staff members because of the disasters Orgeron hired last cycle. They hired Blake Baker this year. None of that is hurting them in any real obvious way. Kids don't care. Losing to UCLA early in the year would do more damage to recruiting than any of those other things.
Terrible example. That’s LSU in the $EC. We are UM in the “lustful” city of Miami with a local media who report more intensely the bad than the good. That’s where my perception is coming from. Historically we always get the short end from the outside word. Maybe Manny fixes that 30+ year old narrative but time will tell.

And how tf do the coaches and support staff let that happen to a talented prospect? Letting kids fail out is a failure of the program and a black eye for recruiting.

Because this isn't North Carolina and the coaches don't go to class or take tests for the players.

How is this even a question?

Y'all are on this thread acting like Manny is getting a sociology major while being the HC.

Advertisement
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Too many of our fans have no **** idea what they are talking about when it comes to the University.

By "too many of our fans" you mean about 90% of the fanbase and about 103% of CIS. They all think it's a football team with a university attached to it. These takes are consistently ignorant to the point of hilarity.

This exactly, what a collective group of losers involved.

It’s a head scratcher that for sure. I gotta believe we hsvdd Ed that support system set up. They have it everywhere. Did it just fail? Who runs that part of the program? Accountability is tough, it has to be enforced at all levels or it fails…

Go Canes!

giphy.gif

**** man, how much of this **** do we have to take?

Advertisement

I thought we were talking about Cam Williams.

Advertisement
Back