see why top SOFLA athletes are not coming to Miami.

Cedric Miller sitting there with the Jimbo Fisher Camp shirt on but going to Bethume Cookman.

I guess

Advertisement
Carlton Davis really did keep it real. He would be a Cane any other given year if it wasn't for having Golden and his staff. I don't blame him at all. I feel bad for him 'cause he wanted to be here.

Cronkrite the staff screwed up with really bad and ****ed off the Cronkrite family who are Miami fans. Should have recruited him as an Athlete from day one. What a ***** up by Miami.

Fenton would jump in this class if they would just give him the green light. Sad because he is a great cornerback and IMO Dades best CB and this staff is so oblivious to it.

Clarington, let's see if he even qualifies anywhere. He has a terrible attitude and literally almost quit mid-season on Booker T. He was dying to come to Miami but they dropped him and I was fine with that as Washington is a better take and Clarington is much more suited as a DE than a TE. Would have loved to take him as DE if his grades were a LOT better.

Maybe their is light at the end of the tunnel for us with Salomon in 2016 now that it's looking like he is going to Central. He loves Miami but with the status quo, he won't even consider or come here at this point.

all of this. REAL talk: How many non-slurpers on this board would commit to UM today to play for Folden? I bleed orange and green, love UM Football to the death. I would not play for this guy, would not approve of my son playing for him, and would not give my blessing to any recruit asking me for it.

Do I selfishly hope we do well this cycle? Yes. Do I feel dirty and guilty in hoping to see kids commit? Absolutely.

Folden just went 6-7 with his best team in 4 years and a very favorable schedule. Will I ever criticize a kid for going elsewhere after THIS season???? HELLZ no.

Lets be honest, Goldens coaching leaves a lot to be desired as far as scheme and game planning, but for these kids to say that he doesn't develop players is downright ignorant. Yea, maybe he'll play someone out of their "natural position" but that doesn't mean that they're not ready for the league. Goldens put some very good players in the NFL, even when he was at temple.

Put it this way for you simpletons.

Scouts shouldn't have to be surprised that Chick had burst and played well as a 4-3 DE.
Scouts shouldn't be surprised about Dorsetts skill set.
Scouts shouldn't be surprised Gunter is physical and good at the LOS

Why are they surprised? Because they weren't allowed to showcase their skills fully under Golden. They are shooting up draft board bc they are finally allowed to play without shackles.

That isn't development. Coming into the pre draft process as a 4-5th rounder and ending up a 2nd rounder is called a gross misuse of talent by Golden. I'm very happy for these kids but it hurts even more knowing how poorly they were used here.

Carlton Davis really did keep it real. He would be a Cane any other given year if it wasn't for having Golden and his staff. I don't blame him at all. I feel bad for him 'cause he wanted to be here.

Cronkrite the staff screwed up with really bad and ****ed off the Cronkrite family who are Miami fans. Should have recruited him as an Athlete from day one. What a ***** up by Miami.

Fenton would jump in this class if they would just give him the green light. Sad because he is a great cornerback and IMO Dades best CB and this staff is so oblivious to it.

Clarington, let's see if he even qualifies anywhere. He has a terrible attitude and literally almost quit mid-season on Booker T. He was dying to come to Miami but they dropped him and I was fine with that as Washington is a better take and Clarington is much more suited as a DE than a TE. Would have loved to take him as DE if his grades were a LOT better.

Maybe their is light at the end of the tunnel for us with Salomon in 2016 now that it's looking like he is going to Central. He loves Miami but with the status quo, he won't even consider or come here at this point.

all of this. REAL talk: How many non-slurpers on this board would commit to UM today to play for Folden? I bleed orange and green, love UM Football to the death. I would not play for this guy, would not approve of my son playing for him, and would not give my blessing to any recruit asking me for it.

Do I selfishly hope we do well this cycle? Yes. Do I feel dirty and guilty in hoping to see kids commit? Absolutely.

Folden just went 6-7 with his best team in 4 years and a very favorable schedule. Will I ever criticize a kid for going elsewhere after THIS season???? HELLZ no.

Couldn't have said it better.

Advertisement
All this stuff about UM doesn't develop players is counter factual. There will be many Miami players drafted. More than Ohio st. Plus last year quite a few grads did quite well in the NFL, including the undrafted Allen Hurns.

When fans write don't come to Miami they don't develop you, that's false. When recruits say it they are just repeating nonsense. Now if they say they won't come because they don't like the coach, thats truthful.

Last edited:
golden went 6-7 with how many guys who are getting drafted? this is sad. Davis is wrong tho, i dont think its development, its the scheme.
Clarington has to say that, he doesnt have the grades, what do people want the kid to embarrass himself?
Fenton not having an offer makes no sense to me.

Bring back butch

What "studs" are we losing? Have we gotten all the "studs" from South Florida and the state prior to this coaching regime? Or is the increase in social media making the information so readily available that we even know the fourth string DT at Miami Centrals name?
Listen, 6-7 isn't good enough. Agreed!!!! But, Manny interviewing these kids is ridiculous and getting roped into this crap is even worse. We love the U, want to get back to prominence, hate the schemes, whatever. But the realism is that we aren't getting everyone and even the greatest of coaches miss sometimes. There were HUNDREDS of D1 football players in the tri-county area this year. We can take a total of what, 22 max? So we need to just chill and see where this thing goes. Showing the negative only reinforces the need for change, but it also shows that the Sentinel needs to sell papers, Ads and subscriptions. And that crap sells better than fluff.

Interview the kids that bleed Orange and Green. Interview their parents and why they chose the U. Be part of the solution, not the problem. You're either with us or against us.

That's my opinion and honestly, I don't care who disagrees. Does it really matter? Kinda like a 45-7 beatdown and belly aching about balls inflated correctly.

What a crock of ****. Nobody said that we have to get everyone from SoFla, nor that we ever have. But you construe a strawman, as people often do when their argument doesn´t hold up in the cold, hard glare of reality. To your original question, just from the last four classes:

Torrance Gibson
John O´Korn
Treon Harris
Lamar Jackson
Quinton Flowers

Sony Michel
Dalvin Cook
Jordan Cronkite
Brandon Powell
Alex Collins

Ricardo Louis
Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Ermon Lane
Travis Rudolph
Johnnie Dixon
Davante Phillips
Devante Peete

Ravian Pierce
Devonaire Clarington

Avery Young
Patrick Miller
Denver Kirkland

Joey Bosa
Stacy Thomas
Jason Strowbridge
Jaynard Bostwick
Keith Bryant
Maquedious Bain
Khairi Clark
Travonte Valentine
Monty Nelson

Matthew Thomas
Michael Deeb
Skai Moore
Keith Brown
Richard Yeargin
Tevon Coney
Shamar Kilby Lane

Shawn Burgess
Kendrell McFadden
Calvin Brewton
Adrienne Talan
Tavarus McFadden

Rashard Robinson
AJ Leggett
Tim Irvin
Carlton Davis
Tyrek Cole
Davante Davis
Rashad Fenton

The rest of your theory is just pure crap. It´s called RECRUITING for a reason. Do you think OSU, Bama or FSU only take kids who are dying to play for them? They recruit them, ie: convince them that it´s in their best interest. Your way is the lazy, Randy-Shannon-school-of-losing recruiting tactic. And to answer your last question: guess what genius it matters a whole ******* lot. The teams with the most talent generally win. So it´s kind of a big deal if you miss out on a three-deep of all-americans in a 4 year period and is in no way shape or form comparable to the NFLs latest mini-scandal.

Last edited:
All this stuff about UM doesn't develop players is counter factual. There will be many Miami players drafted. More than Ohio st. Plus last year quite a few grads did quite well in the NFL, including the undrafted Allen Hurns.

When fans write don't come to Miami they don't develop you, that's false. When recruits say it they are just repeating nonsense. Now if they say they won't come because they don't like the coach, thats truthful.

Your example of Allen Hurns doesn't help your argument, but rather hurts it.

Sometimes people get drafted off of raw talent and measurables alone, even when their collegiate production isn't up to snuff. Why else do you think Seantrel came in the #1 OL out of high school, left a 7th rounder, and ended up a starting NFL lineman as a rookie? At the end of the day, we have a lot of talented kids coming here, due to our inherent advantage in location, but we're perpetually seeing guys go on to perform better at a higher level of competition than they ever did in college. Is that due to the scheme or player development? No one can say for certain. But I'd venture to say that it's a little bit of both. Just look at these guys at the Senior Bowl. A week or two of being coached by someone other than Al Golden and their stock skyrocketed. That doesn't exactly speak well to Golden's ability to develop players. In the end, someone getting drafted doesn't act as proof positive that they were well developed. There are kids drafted from teams all over the country, and sometimes it's nothing more than a product of raw talent shining through. That's what causes our kids to get drafted. Coaching and development is what causes them to excel at the next level, even when they were JAGs while here.

Advertisement
Using Allen Hurns clouds the issue. He developed from a 3-star prospect to have the best yardage season in Miami history for a WR. He should've been drafted and his production his rookie season bears that out. That was an evaluation mistake by NFL teams.

I don't think being coached by guys at the Senior Bowl had anything to do with it for guys like Walford, Dorsett and Gunter. Walford was the best TE in college. He didn't win the award because his team stunk which is the bigger issue. Utilization of players is the problem along with philosophy. Gunter is a physical corner who should've been asked to use his size to bully players on the college level. Instead he spent most of his time going back and forth between off-coverage and bailout man. This team isn't put in the best position to succeed across the board. I'm sure Gunter was taught in practice how to play press man if only just in drills. Why he wasn't given the chance consistently to put that on film is the problem. It was/is a passive philosophy that is hurting us. The very opposite of Hurricane football.

You saw and read about our guys being asked to do things pretty much where ability would win the day. If the senior bowl coaches decide to use Golden's philosophy in the game then you'll see Gunter look like he did in college.

Not that it matters too much. Hurns ended up flying under the radar at Carol City as he missed his whole senior season after getting injured in his first game.

He first blew up at UF's Friday Night Lights Camp prior to that season and all local schools took notice. Miami stayed loyal to him despite his injury.

He very well could have been a 4* by the end of that recruiting year barring the injury.

As for where he was selected in the draft caught me by surprise as I strongly believed he was worthy of a 3rd to 4th round pick.

Hurns didn't accidentally have a great senior season at Miami and great rookie year with the Jaguars.

Hurns was very injury prone throughout his career with Miami up until his final season. While he was healthy and playing before his senior year, he actually did very well. His biggest breakthrough was working through being injury prone since high school.

It's still not excusable how he went undrafted though. Bad evaluation on NFL teams part especially considering Miami's tradition of WR's in the NFL and the fact Hurns broke a single season record here.

Last edited:
These kids aren't dumb, they see the talent at UM not being utilized, if you can't make the ACCCG with what we had the past couple years, something is terribly wrong.

So, the kids with offers don't want to come, but the ones without an offer would come, if offered?!? Lol, I love SFL and the many insiders that know everything.

Folden does well with recruits with no great options.
Basically he is getting the leftover talent that are not getting offers from the major D1 schools. Embrace the suck.

We're back to where Miami was in the '60's and '70's. All the good talent goes to UF, FSU, or other schools like OSU that are winning. We get the leftovers. It won't stop until these damned cheap coaching hires end.

Advertisement
Darnell Solomon when asked about how UM will fit in his recruiting process since they're not in his Top 5:

"I'm always gonna be a UM fan. But it's always about football and where you want to be at the next level. And I don't think UM will take me to that level."

More candid honesty from another local recruit. But leave it to some fans to think recruits wouldn't notice what's going on at this program if the "mopes" would just shut their mouths.

Depressing...How does the highest paid employee at the university fail so miserably at his job and still be retained.

Not that it matters too much. Hurns ended up flying under the radar at Carol City as he missed the his whole senior season after getting injured in his first game.

He first blew up at UF's Friday Night Lights Camp prior to that season and all local schools took notice. Miami stayed loyal to him despite his injury.

He very well could have been a 4* by the end of that recruiting year barring the injury.

As for where he was selected in the draft caught me by surprise as I strongly believed he was worthy of a 3rd to 4th round pick.

Hurns didn't accidentally have a great senior season at Miami and great rookie year with the Jaguars.

Hurns was very injury prone throughout his career with Miami up until his final season. While he was healthy he and playing before his senior year, he actually did very well. His biggest breakthrough was working through being injury prone since high school.

It's still not excusable how he went undrafted though. Bad evaluation on NFL teams part especially considering Miami's tradition of WR's in the NFL and the fact Hurns broke a single season record here.

+100000
Hurns started as a true freshman in 2010 but was hurt for the season after that game(I believe Duke). He took off his sophomore year but was injured again. He struggled with injuries his junior but he was able to stay healthy his entire senior year. Hurns was the best wideout in the state. He was made a priority by the previous staff. Unfortunately he was injured and played in a option style offense.

He was beast to begin with.

Seems to me these kids are to busy biatching and can't appreciate the progress golden has made LOL

Advertisement
Not that it matters too much. Hurns ended up flying under the radar at Carol City as he missed the his whole senior season after getting injured in his first game.

Hurns was very injury prone throughout his career with Miami up until his final season. While he was healthy he and playing before his senior year, he actually did very well. His biggest breakthrough was working through being injury prone since high school.

+100000
Hurns started as a true freshman in 2010 but was hurt for the season after that game(I believe Duke). He took off his sophomore year but was injured again. He struggled with injuries his junior but he was able to stay healthy his entire senior year. Hurns was the best wideout in the state. He was made a priority by the previous staff. Unfortunately he was injured and played in a option style offense.

He was beast to begin with.

You are correct. Hurns ended up being the best receiver in the state from the 2010 class.

I remember the real hyped up names were

Ivan McCartney(Chad Johnson cousin) from Miramar who went to WVU and burned Miami. HUGE BUST
Chris Dunkley who went to UF and ended up transferring to USF. HUGE BUST
De'Joshua Johnson from Pahokee, he chose FSU, went to juco and did well and went D2 but he fell off. Bust
Kadron Boone went to LSU, wasn't a complete bust but he did bust.
Quinton Dunbar went to UF, bust
Ted Meline went to Tennessee ended up transferring to a juco or a community college, bust
James Louis went to Ohio State ended up transferring to FIU, still hasn't played there. Bust

Michaelee Harris went to Louisville. I wouldn't say he was a bust cause he did well early on but he tore his acl twice and was never the same again.

Ace Sanders from SC, Kenny Shaw from FSU and Allen Hurns from Miami were the only ones who made it.

Joshua Reese finally did well in his final season at UCF.
OJ Ross did well at Purdue but ended up getting kicked out.

Greg Dent did well with FSU but ended up getting kicked out.

That injury Hurns had his senior year at Carol City was what held him back. He would have been ranked a lot higher. I remember everyone freaking out at the Friday Night Lights camp and I remember UF saying they were gonna get him. Glad Miami actually stayed loyal to him as others didn't and lost out.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the discussion on ESPN,Kanell was in that discussion and the comment
made was Michigan did a job recruiting to win the Big10 whereas OSU did a good enough
job to win National Champion.
Point is you can win the ACC championship by recruiting So.Fl.but if you are going to
win a National Championship,you recruit the nation.

Been saying it since valentine decommitted, kids don't want to play for golden. People wanted to blame everything but golden and his **** scheme. Glad the truth is finally coming out.

Advertisement
Back