see why top SOFLA athletes are not coming to Miami.

to be real it seems like alot of these south Florida kids don't give 2 sh*ts about education and there transcripts are probably a representation of that, guys like scarlett and kayya are smart kids on and off the field, me personally i would stay away from that solomon kid he seem like hes missing a few screws lol.

I would take him.

This is a bonafide stud. Big,strong, and fast receiver in our backyard who would play for the U if we had a competent coaching staff and Administration to do the right thing and make the right moves.

These kids see through it. As I mentioned in the Salomon thread I created. Golden and his staff are working against a very steep hill right now. Sink or swim from here.

For Christ sake Snelson decommited . He was all MIAMI, went out of his own way to commit to Miami. Born and raised in Dade, played at Booker T. as a freshman and is Yearby's nephew and family are Canes fans.

It's beyond sad.

yea i just saw his highlights on your thread the kid is the truth no doubt about that but is he worth the trouble or is he a Stacey Coley type a kid that just needed to be in a structured environment?

Talent wise he is very well worth it.

Compared to the other bigger/taller receivers in South Florida like Pinder and Victor. I like Salomon the best.

Two flags though.

1. The staff or the next staff or whoever it may be will have to evaluate his character in person as the UGA incident which I am not sure if angthingn even came about it in the end will be a character problem with this kid.

2. He was at Champagnat, I have major doubts if Champagnat is even a legit credited school. So he may have grade concerns.

Otherwise this kid is a no brainer take. Just he won't give Miami the time of day with the status quo. Win ball games or bring a competent coach and staff in and this changes.

Advertisement
to be real it seems like alot of these south Florida kids don't give 2 sh*ts about education and there transcripts are probably a representation of that, guys like scarlett and kayya are smart kids on and off the field, me personally i would stay away from that solomon kid he seem like hes missing a few screws lol.

I would take him.

This is a bonafide stud. Big,strong, and fast receiver in our backyard who would play for the U if we had a competent coaching staff and Administration to do the right thing and make the right moves.

These kids see through it. As I mentioned in the Salomon thread I created. Golden and his staff are working against a very steep hill right now. Sink or swim from here.

For Christ sake Snelson decommited . He was all MIAMI, went out of his own way to commit to Miami. Born and raised in Dade, played at Booker T. as a freshman and is Yearby's nephew and family are Canes fans.

It's beyond sad.

This thing called life. You win some you lose some.

Miami will recover not worried. Every year it's a stud we start winning and developing and it's game over.

That's the problem, when. When is what these kids are waiting for and the party train will start. "When" we start winning the big games and the games we are supposed to and playing like The U

Otherwise this cycle of missing on kids who would love to play here if the scenario was different will continue.

Please, many years ago when we were MIAMI. Kids like Peterson, Nix, Teddy, Cooper, Collins, Cook, Michel, Lane, Rudolph, Thomas, etc. would have been here.

Will always be kids who come here regardless but not the amount of misses we have had in the past decade is horrible. Will always be a few who get away now and then but not like how it is now.

Doesn't help that Golden and his lackeys sleep on local studs like Fenton, Talan and etc.

We win ball games, the problem will be fixed and everything will be cured. South Florida is a gold mine and it's just a matter of time.

"When" remember that

Last edited:
Its not about players not developing because were going a good number Canes in the NFL this year its about the losing and the way we lose.

Its not about players not developing because were going a good number Canes in the NFL this year its about the losing and the way we lose.

No, it's development and scheme mostly to go along with losing games we should never lose.

I give credit to Dorsett and Walford cause they worked hard. I still see guys on our team who havn't even tapped their full potential or ability yet in Kirby, McCord, Howard, Burns, Carter etc. or players who go through a slump year or misused like Coley who is a bonafide star.

The ship needs to be righted. Whichever way it may be. It wreaks in Miami.

Can't develop players............. Can't Develop players.......... :stephenahand:

You can get Bill Snyder over here, and stick em with 3 star players that flew under the radar in Florida and we win the ACC.

QB Ryan Stanley
WR Devante Peete, Emonee Spence, Tavares Martin
RB Anthony Jones,
TE Bowman Archibald
OL--- 3 * from anywhere else.

on D

ILB Cecil Cherry
OLB Dominic Sheppard, Adrienne Talan
CB Damon Arnette, Rashad Fenton
S Robert Knowles, Rodrick Archer
DL 3* from anywhere else.

Not a bad group at all, and all Florida talent. Heck any good coach could some serious damage with that squad.

How Golden doesn't win with a bunch of 4* talent on the field in a weak coastal division is crazy. It hurts to hear C. Davis say that and join URBAN LIAR, but I can't blame him.

Advertisement
Mannnnnn, then we wonder why we lose. Lol Give me Hurlie, Ice, Coley and do as you must with the rest. We need to give these kids down here hope that Miami Can prepare them for the next level.

Carlton Davis when asked about why he didn't choose Miami:

"I grew up a Miami Hurricane fan. And they came on right when Ohio State came on. I just felt that it wasn't the place for me. I just felt like they wasn't developing their players enough for me, and that's why I went to Ohio State."

Later in the interview, he mentioned how much he loves to get in the face of receivers and jam them at the line of scrimmage. There you have it. A player this staff prioritized from the very beginning says the coaches aren't doing a good enough job of developing talent. And we obviously don't have our corners in press very often.

But leave it to certain fans to allege that fan negativity is our biggest recruiting problem.

Unreal. Right from the kids mouth. You could tell he would be a Cane if we ran a defense that was logical with Miami athletes.

could only watch the first part of Davis interview... good riddance...don't give a **** about front-running, entitled, traitors.... just don't come back to Miami with a broken,arm, leg or concussion and expect anyone to show concern...when their hometown team needed them most they showed their true colors not green and orange..NFL don't seem to have a problem with Miami talent development, just ask Duke and Denzel, also, they will be loved by this community for their entire lives

He wants to play for somebody that will allow him to press and paly aggressive. I love Miami too however if I had a kid and he played D he wouldn't be playing for Miami. The scheme suxs and it is for pussies.

Advertisement
Golden really makes this harder than it needs to be Smh

This is the thing that drives me crazy the most about Al Golden. He's literally sitting on a gold mine of talent here in South Florida yet he's unwilling to do one thing, anything, to change the way he operates to keep the homegrown talent in South Florida. I will never understand this and it is likely what will be his downfall here.

Carlton Davis really did keep it real. He would be a Cane any other given year if it wasn't for having Golden and his staff. I don't blame him at all. I feel bad for him 'cause he wanted to be here.

Cronkrite the staff screwed up with really bad and ****ed off the Cronkrite family who are Miami fans. Should have recruited him as an Athlete from day one. What a ***** up by Miami.

Fenton would jump in this class if they would just give him the green light. Sad because he is a great cornerback and IMO Dades best CB and this staff is so oblivious to it.

Clarington, let's see if he even qualifies anywhere. He has a terrible attitude and literally almost quit mid-season on Booker T. He was dying to come to Miami but they dropped him and I was fine with that as Washington is a better take and Clarington is much more suited as a DE than a TE. Would have loved to take him as DE if his grades were a LOT better.

Maybe their is light at the end of the tunnel for us with Salomon in 2016 now that it's looking like he is going to Central. He loves Miami but with the status quo, he won't even consider or come here at this point.

Sad part about it is, these kids don't seem like the type to talk crap behind the coaches back either. Meaning I bet Carlton Davis told the staff exactly why he wasn't coming. Just like Tim Irvin. Cronkite too. They just don't get it and prob never will.

They will point to Ladarius Gunter ballin' at the Senior Bowl and say, "See, our scheme works. Analysts are saying that because he came from zone based scheme in college that he is far more advanced then the other DBs at the camp!" (this is true by the way)

But what he wont point out is that Gunter could have **** near been a 2nd round pick AT WORST if he was able to show off his ability more! Jamming WRs/Press coverage, etc. He lost millions because of this. The kids see this!

Advertisement
I don't blame these kids at all. We all know the deal but yet El Foldo says it's the "fans".

NO, it's cause your scheme and philosophy suck and kids don't want to play for you and stopped buying into the crap.

This is all on Golden for not making any changes or adjustments and his stubborn ways in his scheme and recruiting. And also going 6-7 with a very talented team. And the administration for not doing the right thing and canning him for underperforming and terrible use and development of players still in year 4.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON! It's not the "FANS"

This is the perfect example for anyone who buys into the staffs excuse that it's the fans fault.

Last edited:
Who gives a F***!
It's about who wants to be with this U!

Interview the kids that are coming and why!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who gives a F***!
It's about who wants to be with this U!

Interview the kids that are coming and why!

This is a terrible approach I am sorry.

We are losing studs. STUDS because of the status quo. Kids in our backyard.

This is not ok and it will continue to happen till things change.

We will still land studs 'cause it's Miami but we are missing out on a lot more than we actually should because of the status quo. Some will get away but not the mass that has been happening.

I am sorry, I respectfully disagree with your approach. It will only get worse if things don't change.

What do you think Al Golden's excuse this year if they have another terrible year?

What do you think Al Golden's excuse this year if they have another terrible year?

Al Golden - "We didn't have enough depth at the QB, DT and CB positions and were still a young team"

Jesus, the class Duke came in with will be seniors next season. We are not a young team. He has to throw that excuse out there cause he has to put young players who are not ready to play yet and that would benefit from a redshirt year or more development on the field 'cause of his complete utter failures in recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back